Caesar salad is a classic recipe. It gets even better when you serve this salad in a nice tortilla bowl!
So today we are making a beautiful salad and serve it in an eatable bowl. Originally there were only 8 ingredients in this salad. But you can totally customize your version of this salad to your liking. Ready to learn how you can make tortilla caesar salad? Let’s get started!
What is your favorite salad? Nicoise, Russian egg salad, Salad Caprese or Waldorf salad? One of my favorite salads is the Caesar salad.
I eat a salad at least 3 to 4 times per week. What is so nice about a salad is that you never really have to eat the same salad.
There are so many types of lettuce, vegetables and even fruit or savory ingredients. This Caesar salad has a little bit of everything.
It has lettuce, oil, croutons, garlic, parmesan cheese, boiled egg, Worcestershire sauce and lemon as the basic ingredients but you can add ingredients like pan-fried bacon, chicken, avocado and anchovies.
If there are ingredients you do not like, no worries just leave them out or substitute for ingredients you do love.
Caesar salad ingredients
To make this recipe make certain you have the following ingredients ready:
- Mixed lettuce
- Chicken breast
- Anchovies (50 gram)
- Cooking spray
- Coconut oil
How to make tortilla caesar salad
To make this classic salad version the salad is presented in a tortilla bowl as a substitute for the croutons. The best thing about this salad is you can eat it all.
Make the tortilla bowl
So take a medium size tortilla and a muffin pan to create a bowl. Turn the muffin pan upside down. Spray the tortilla with cooking spray (one tortilla per person).
Then push the tortilla in between 4 muffin cups. Repeat for the second tortilla. Heat the oven at 350℉ / 175℃ and bake the tortillas for 15 minutes.
Remove the tortilla bowls from the oven and let it cool.
Bake the chicken
While the tortilla bowls are in the oven take a chicken filet and flatten it with a rolling pin.
Whisk an egg on a large plate. Add some breadcrumbs to another plate. Cover the chicken filet with egg and then with breadcrumbs.
Then heat a frying pan with a big tablespoon of coconut oil. Pan fry the chicken filet about 7-10 minutes on each side until well done.
After pan fry 4 strips of bacon. Boil an egg for about 7 minutes and slice into small pieces to decorate the tortilla bowl.
Lastly, bake a tortilla in a hot pan until nice and crisp. Then slice into small squares as your croutons.
Make the Caesar salad dressing by combining the following ingredients:
- Worcestershire sauce
- Pepper to taste
Plate the dish and start with the tortilla bowl and add some salad. Then add Caesar salad dressing, add some anchovies and tortilla croutons.
Slice the breaded chicken filet in small strips and divide across the two tortilla bowls. Add some more dressing and finish with some cheese.
I like Old Amsterdam cheese but you can use Parmesan as well. Your salad is ready to serve.
Other salad recipes
If you love salads there are a lot of salad to take a look at like:
How to make tortilla Caesar Salad
Want to know how you can make this amazing tortilla Caesar Salad? Watch the instruction video below:
I hope you enjoyed this recipe on how to make tortilla Caesar salad!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Looking for the classic Caesar salad with a tortilla twist? Try this tortilla Caesar salad. It tastes amazing and you can eat it all!
- 1 bag of mixed lettuce
- 2 eggs (1 boiled, 1 for the breaded chicken filet)
- 1 chicken filet
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1 can of anchovies (50 gram)
- 4 strips of bacon
- 2 tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- For the dressing
- 4 tbsp of mayonnaise
- 1 tsp of mustard
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1 tbsp of lemon
- 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 anchovy thinly sliced
- Pepper to taste
- Brush tortilla with cooking spray
- Turn the muffin pan upside down and push the tortilla in between 4 muffin cups. Repeat for the second tortilla
- Pre heat the oven at 350℉ / 175℃ and bake the tortillas for 15 minutes. Remove the tortilla bowls from the oven and let it cool
- Flatten chicken filet and flatten it with a rolling pin
- Pan fry 4 strips of bacon
- Whisk an egg on a large plate
- Add some breadcrumbs to another plate. Cover the chicken filet with egg and then with breadcrumbs
- Heat a frying pan with 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- Pan fry the chicken filet about 7-10 minutes on each side until well done. Turn regularly
- Boil an egg for about 7 minutes and slice into small pieces to decorate the tortilla bowl
- Bake the tortillas in a hot pan until nice and crisp
- Slice in to small squares as croutons
- For the dressing
- Combine mayonnaise, mustard, minced garlic, lemon, Worcestershire sauce, anchovy and pepper to taste.
- Stir until well combined dressing
- Plate salad by adding lettuce, dressing, anchovies, bacon, tortilla croutons and egg in the tortilla bowl.
- Ready to serve.
Calories: 577; Fat: 35.1g; Carbs: 26.7g; Protein: 38.4g;