Try this apple cake recipe and you will have the best dessert ever. That sounds a little dramatic but I promise you will love this cake. Because it is soft and moist without a hint of butter. So make and eat it in the morning with coffee, in the afternoon with tea or save it all for dessert. Want to learn how you can make this apple cake recipe? Lets get started!
Apple is without a doubt one of my favorite fruits to eat or make dessert with. There are so many different apples that all have their own taste.
From really sweet to sour tasting. As you can turn apple into apple sauce or grate an apple you have the perfect replacement for butter.
Apple has a lot of fructose which also results into calories still if you want to reduce your butter intake or when you are dairy intolerant you have an alternative.
My mother would put whole pieces of apple into her cakes. I used grated apple that dissolves in the cake and slices on top to decorate the cake. The cake turns into an apple sponge which is so soft.
To bake a cake you can use a loaf type pan or a round spring form. As the batter was more than could fit in my cake pan I used a round 12″ inch spring form.
To make certain your cake comes out of the spring form easily line the bottom and side with parchment paper.
To make it stick to the spring form spray and brush a little bit of cooking spray in your spring form. This will help the parchment paper stick to the spring form.
Another tip that I learned from my mom is to let the cake cool before removing the spring form. If you are as curious as I’m to see the end result try a little patience.
Let the cake cool at least 10 minutes before removing the spring.
Easy apple cake ingredients
You might think me crazy when I say easy apple cake when you see all the ingredients you need. Bare with me and make sure you have all the ingredients below.
- Lemon juice
- Vanilla extract
- Apple sauce
- Almond milk
- Plain flour
- Baking powder
- Castor sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Icing sugar
How to make easy apple cake
To make the apple cake recipe start by lining the base and sides of the spring form with baking paper. Use cooking spray or oil to make it stick to the cake pan.
Preheat oven to 350℉/175°C. Peel and core the apples and cut one apple in about 16 to 20 slices. Sprinkle lemon juice on the sliced apple to prevent it from going brown. Set aside.
Take the second apple. Cut into 4 pieces and grate the apple. It is almost an apple sauce but a little thicker. Put the apple sauce, grated apple in a bowl and add the vanilla extract. Beat the mixture then add the first egg.
Beat until totally absorbed before adding the remaining eggs. Then add the almond milk. Beat until light and creamy and set aside.
Sift the flour in a bowl, add the sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir the dry ingredients through. Add half the flour mixture to wet ingredient mixture and stir well until smooth.
Once the batter is smooth add the remaining flour mixture and keep on stirring the batter until smooth. Do not over mix.
Now it is time to pour the batter into the spring form. Then take the sliced apples and overlap the apples in a circle on top of batter.
Bake the apple cake in the oven for 1 hour then check if the cake is done with a skewer. Let the spring form cool for at least 10 minutes before removing the spring form.
Your apple cake recipe is ready to serve.
Other apple dessert recipes
If you like this apple cake recipe you will love these apple recipes as well:
- Apple pie taquitos – made with apple pie filling
- Dutch apple pie – this traditional Dutch apple pie recipe is perfect for dessert
- Beignets – Easy apple beignets is als so made with apple pie filling
- Sweet organic apple pie galette – a vegan apple pie recipe with a crunchy crust
- Apple tortilla bites – can be eaten any time of the day a great snack
- Vegan chocolate muffin – you can’t tell but this muffin is made with apple sauce
Have fun with this apple cake recipe! Made a recipe tag @thetortillachannel on Instagram or PIN on Pinterest.
This is an easy apple cake recipe that is great with coffee, tea or dessert. This apple cake is dairy free so no regular milk and butter.
- 1 sliced apple
- 1 grated apple
- 100gr apple sauce
- 60 ml almond milk
- 10 ml lemon juice
- 3 eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Cake mix:
- 1¾ cups plain flour
- 5 gram baking powder
- 170 gram castor sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Icing sugar
- Line the base and sides of the spring form with baking paper
- Preheat oven to 350℉/175°C. Peel and core the apples. Cut the fist apple in 16 to 20 slices. Sprinkle lemon juice on the sliced apple. Grate the second apple in a separate bowl and set aside
- Put the apple sauce, grated apple and vanilla extract in a bowl. Beat the mixture then add the eggs in one at a time
- Then add the almond milk. Beat until light and creamy and set aside
- Sift the flour in a bowl with sugar, baking powder and salt. Add half the flour mixture to wet ingredient mixture and stir well until smooth
- Add the remaining flour mixture and keep on stirring the batter until smooth. Do not over mix
- Pour the batter into the spring form. Put the sliced apples and overlap the apples in a circle on top of batter
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour. Check if the cake is done if a skewer comes out clean
- Let the spring form cool for at least 10 minutes before removing the spring form
Use cooking spray or oil to make the baking paper stick to the cake pan
Calories: 277; Fat: 3.3g; Carbs: 56g; Protein: 6g;