The best avocado salmon wraps on the go. Oh yes, these avocado and salmon wraps are definitely a great dish when you are on the go and do not want to eat your regular sandwich.
No, when you like a fancy, delicious wrap you will be so happy you came across this healthy salmon recipe. Want to learn how you can make the best avocado salmon wraps on the go? Let’s get started!
If you like to take your own lunch to school, work or want to make something nice to eat while you are traveling this recipe is for you.
A healthy wrap recipe. I’m always on the lookout for recipe inspiration and by chance found a tortilla recipe on the blog of Hellofresh.
I did not even know they have tortilla recipes on their blog. Goes to show that you can find recipe inspiration anywhere as long as you care to look and see the possibilities.
I like to put my own twist to whatever recipe I find and that is what I did with this recipe as well. This recipe is all about salmon as it goes great with avocado.
You can make them ahead of time, freeze them and take them where ever you go.
When I think salmon I also think Asian, so this recipe gets an Asian twist as well by using sweet soy sauce in the marinade.
Avocado salmon wraps on the go ingredients
To be able to make avocado salmon wraps you need the following ingredients on your grocery list:
- Yufka durum tortillas or regular flour tortillas
- Lamb’s lettuce
- Red onion
- White onion
- Red bell pepper
- Cherry tomatoes
- Soy sauce
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
How to make avocado salmon wraps
Make a marinade by combining the following ingredients in a mixing bowl:
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Soy sauce
- Minced garlic
Stir these ingredients thoroughly until combined then set aside. Now take the salmon and slice it in small strips.
Put the sliced salmon in mixing bowl and cover the salmon with the marinade. Set aside for at least 10 minutes.
Then slice the onions, cut the red bell pepper Julienne and cherry tomatoes. In the meanwhile make a fast, and healthy guacamole with one avocado and set aside.
Slice the other avocado and sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent the avocado from turning brown. Then heat on high heat a wok or skillet with some olive oil.
Now it is time to pan fry the salmon and add some finely chopped white onions and the cherry tomatoes.
As soon as the salmon is brown on the outside take the wok off the heat.
Then add two tablespoons of pan-fried salmon and decorate with red onion and the red bell pepper.
Roll them up tight and your avocado salmon wrap is ready to serve.
Store the avocado salmon wraps
There are different ways to store these wraps:
- If you make these avocado salmon tortillas ahead of time wrap them in aluminum foil and store them in the freezer. Let them thaw when they are ready to be eaten.
- Store in the fridge if you are going to eat them the same day.
- Want to take these sandwich wraps to a picknick or eat them at your garden party, wrap them in baking paper for a great presentation.
- Foil them like a burrito and store them in the refrigerator in a plastic container.
To make these salmon wraps over and over again without them getting boring here some options to create more healthy wrap recipes:
- Smoked salmon – you can easily replace the pan-fried salmon with smoked salmon. You will get a noncooking wrap that is even easier to make. You can still marinate the salmon for that Asian flavor
- White fish – Do not like salmon but want to use fish? Try this recipe with cod or tilapia filets. Follow the recipe and you will be good to go
- Chicken – Apply the original recipe and use some chicken breasts in this recipe. Marinate the as described in the recipe below
- Ground beef – pan-fry some ground beef and add the bell peppers alongside the onions. Add two tablespoons of chili powder to the beef and you have a great beef wrap on the go
- Beans – Looking for a vegan version of this recipe? Replace the salmon with a mix of beans or lentils. Marinate the beans and pan fry them before adding them to the wrap
With the summer holidays around the corner, a lot of people will be traveling to their destination and these healthy wraps will be a hit for sure.
Especially when you do not have time en route to eat at a restaurant, these wraps can sub for great dinner as well.
Even cold they taste amazing. This is such a fast recipe and you can also make these when you are not on the go but for a weeknight dinner.
With some rice and green beans, you have a great dinner. Have fun making this avocado salmon wraps recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Want to eat something different that your regular sandwich? Try these avocado salmon wraps. They are fast to prepare and can be made ahead of time.
- 4 Yufka durum tortillas or ordinary flour tortillas
- 2 Avocado
- 200 g of salmon
- 2 cups of lamb's lettuce
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 sliced red onion
- 1 finely chopped white onion
- 1 sliced red pepper
- 8 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Make a marinade by combining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, ½ tbsp lemon juice, 2 tbsp soy sauce and 2 chopped garlic cloves
- Cut the salmon into small strips and cover with the marinade. Set aside for at least 10 minutes
- Make a fast and healthy guacamole with an avocado and set aside. Cut the other avocado into thin slices and cover with lemon juice to prevent them from turning brown
- Fry the salmon in a wok over high heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, finely chopped white onions and the cherry tomatoes. As soon as the salmon is brown on the outside, take the wok off the heat
- Take a wrap or tortilla and cover it with 2 tbsp guacamole. Put some lamb's lettuce on the guacamole and add 2 tbsp of pan fried salmon and decorate with red onion and bell pepper
- Roll them tight and your wrap with avocado salmon is ready to serve
Calories: 508; Fat: 38g; Carbs: 33g; Protein: 16.2g