The best avocado salmon wraps on the go. Oh yes these avocado and salmon wraps are definitely a great dish when you are on the go and do not want to eat your regular sandwich. No when you like a fancy, delicious wrap you will be so happy you came across this healthy salmon recipe. You can make them ahead of time, freeze them and take them where ever you go. Want to learn how you can make the best avocado salmon wraps on the go? Lets get started!
If you like to take your own lunch to school or work or want to make something nice to eat while your are traveling this recipe is for you. A healthy wrap recipe.
By change I came across a recipe on the blog of Hellofresh. As I’m always on the look out recipe inspiration I found it not knowing they share tortilla recipes on their blog. Goes to show that you can find recipe inspiration anywhere as long as you care to look and see the possibilities.
I like to put my own twist to whatever recipe I find and did that with this recipe as well. So instead of using chicken I replaced it with salmon as it goes great with avocado. When I think salmon I think Asian so this recipe gets an Asian twist as well.
Avocado salmon wraps on the go ingredients
To be able to make avocado salmon wraps you need the following ingredients:
- Yufka durum tortillas or regular flour tortillas
- Lamb’s lettuce
- Red onion
- White onion
- Red bell pepper
- Cherry tomatoes
- Soy sauce
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
How to make avocado salmon wraps
You can make Yufka durum wraps but can buy flour tortillas as well. Start by marinating the salmon. Make a marinade by combining olive oil, lemon juice, soy sauce, ginger and minced garlic. Slice the salmon in small strips and cover with the marinade. Set aside for at least 10 minutes.
Slice the onions and cut the red bell pepper Julienne and cherry tomatoes. In the meanwhile make a fast and healthy guacamole with one avocado and set aside. Slice the other avocado and sprinkle them with lemon juice to prevent them from going brown.
Then pan fry the salmon in a wok on high heat with some additional olive oil, minced white onions and the cherry tomatoes. As soon as the salmon is brown on the outside take the wok of the heat.
Take a wrap or tortilla and cover it with two tablespoons of guacamole. Put some lamb’s lettuce on the guacamole. Then add two more tablespoons of pan fried salmon and decorate with red onion and the red bell pepper. Roll them up tight and your avocado salmon wrap is ready to serve.
Store the avocado salmon wraps
There are different ways to store these wraps:
- If you make these avocado salmon tortillas ahead of time wrap them in aluminium foil and store them in the freezer. Let them thaw when they are ready to be eaten.
- Store in the fridge if you are going to eat them the same day.
- Want to take these sandwich wraps to a picknick or eat them at your garden party, wrap them in parchment paper for a great presentation.
- Foil them like a burrito and store them in the refrigerator in a plastic container.
To make these wraps over and over again without them getting boring here some options to create more healthy wrap recipes:
- Smoked salmon – you can easily replace the pan fried salmon with smoked salmon. You will get a non cooking wrap that is even easier to maken. You can still marinade the salmon for that Asian flavor.
- White fish – Do not like salmon but want to use fish? Try this recipe with cod or tilapia filets. Follow the recipe and you will be good to go.
- Chicken – Apply the original recipe and use some chicken breasts in this recipe. Marinate the as described in the recipe below.
- Ground beef – pan fry some ground beef and add the bell peppers along side the onions. Add two tablespoons of chili powder to the beef and you have a great beef wrap on the go.
- Beans – Looking for a vegan version of this recipe? Replace the salmon with a mix of beans or lentils. Marinade the beans and pan fry them before adding them to the wrap
With the Summer holidays around the corner a lot of people will be traveling to their destination and these wraps will be a hit for sure. Especially when you do not have time en route to eat at a restaurant these wraps can sub for great dinner as well. Even cold they taste amazing.
This is such a fast recipe and you can also make these when you are not on the go but for a weeknight dinner. With some rice and green beans you have great dinner.
Have fun making this avocado salmon wraps recipe! Made a recipe tag @thetortillachannel on Instagram or PIN on Pinterest.
Want to eat something different that your regular sandwich? Try these avocado salmon wraps on the go. They are fast to prepare and can be made ahead of time, are freezer friendly and you can take them where ever you go. Lets get started
- 4 Yufka durum tortillas or ordinary flour tortillas
- 2 Avocado
- 200 g of salmon
- 2 cups of lamb's lettuce
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 sliced red onion
- 1 finely chopped white onion
- 1 sliced red pepper
- 8 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Make a marinade by combining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, ½ tbsp lemon juice, 2 tbsp soy sauce and 2 chopped garlic cloves
- Cut the salmon into small strips and cover with the marinade. Set aside for at least 10 minutes
- Make a fast and healthy guacamole with an avocado and set aside. Cut the other avocado into thin slices and cover with lemon juice to prevent them from turning brown
- Fry the salmon in a wok over high heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, finely chopped white onions and the cherry tomatoes. As soon as the salmon is brown on the outside, take the wok off the heat
- Take a wrap or tortilla and cover it with 2 tbsp guacamole. Put some lamb's lettuce on the guacamole and add 2 tbsp of pan fried salmon and decorate with red onion and bell pepper
- Roll them tight and your wrap with avocado salmon is ready to serve
Calories: 508; Fat: 38g; Carbs: 33g; Protein: 16.2g