These avocado shrimp quesadillas are the best because they got it all. This recipe is healthy, crispy, easy to make and delicious. With these quesadillas you can’t go wrong. So are you ready to learn how you can make these avocado shrimp quesadillas? Let get started!
This is one of those healthy shrimp recipes which you can make in no time. In less than 15 minutes these quesadillas are ready to serve. You can make it for lunch but if you want a light dinner these will do just fine.
The combination of garlic, avocado and shrimp is a classic. You can’t go wrong with them and in this quesadilla it tastes even better. Make them with some homemade tortillas and you can have a taste of authentic world cuisine.
I have made these quesadillas in a skillet but you can also bake them in the oven. If you like to make them in the oven take a look at the video below it will show you how to make oven baked quesadillas. Make the filling the same way as described below in the recipe and then follow the oven instructions in the video.
They will be just a crunchy but you do not have to stay with your quesadilla all the time which is the case when you bake them in a skillet. Which is not a bad thing at all. You get to enjoy the sight of these perfect quesadillas already.
Avocado shrimp quesadilla ingredients
To make this avocado shrimp quesadilla recipe I always make a list to make certain I do not forget any ingredients.
You can also store it in your phone so you never forget what you need the next time. Which is nice because if you make this recipe you will want to make it the a next time I am sure. So what do you need:
- White onion
- Clove of garlic
- Red bell pepper
- Avocado sliced
- Shredded cheese
- Olive oil
- Cooking spray
How to make avocado shrimp quesadilla recipe
To make this healthy shrimp recipes start by cutting the mushroom into thin slices and finely dice the onion. Then it is time to start with the quesadilla filling. Take a small skillet and pan fry the bell pepper, white onion and garlic in olive oil. When the ingredients are soft and translucent add the mushrooms and cook until these are also soft before you set the filling aside.
Next step, you pan fry the shrimps with a little olive oil in a couple of minutes. Do not leave them in the skillet too long. Move them around the pan and when they are browned take the skillet of the heat and set side.
Heat the skillet and spray with cooking spray. When the skillet is hot, fold two tortillas and put them in the pan. Lift one side of the tortilla and fill with the bell pepper, onion, garlic and mushroom mixture. Sprinkle this part of the quesadilla generously with cheese. Close the tortilla and repeat for the second quesadilla.
Bake the shrimp quesadilla for 3-5 minutes before you turn the quesadillas. Bake the other side of the quesadilla in 3-5 minutes as well. Take of the heat and let it cool slightly.
Cut the quesadilla in three equal parts like wedge and serve with a sauce. Ready to serve.
Eat these quesadillas with
Quesadillas are made for a dip. You can eat them with a variety of dips or sauces. Want to make some give these recipes a try:
- Roasted tomato salsa – made in the oven and done in less than 20 minutes. Make this dip before you start with your quesadillas and both are ready at the same time
- Healthy guacamole – guacamole goes with everything so no surprise how well these quesadillas go with this dip
- Restaurant style salsa – one of the best dip sauces of all time and super delicious. Make ahead and store in the fridge or freezer
Other quesadilla recipes
If you love these avocado shrimp quesadillas take a look at these other quesadilla recipes on my blog:
- Oven baked chicken quesadillas – shows you how you can make simple oven baked tortillas
- Spicy chicken – make this classic on the weekend to serve to a big group
- Sweet quesadillas – shows you there are more than savory quesadilla recipes. Made with homemade Nutella
See how you can make oven baked quesadillas
You can make these quesadillas in a skillet or in the oven. Because baking in the oven is really easy, take a look how you can prepare any quesadilla in the oven. Watch the video below:
Have fun with this shrimp quesadilla recipe! Made a recipe tag @thetortillachannel on Instagram or PIN on Pinterest.
Try these avocado shrimp quesadillas. They are a great lunch filled with seafood, lettuce, shrimp and more. Give these a try and make them self home .
- 2 tortillas
- 14 shrimp cleaned
- 6-8 mushrooms
- ½ white onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ Red bell pepper
- Avocado sliced
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Cooking spray
- Clean the shrimp and cut them in half. Heat a skillet and saute the onion, mushroom and garlic with a tbsp olive oil. Stir and cook for a few minutes until soft. Put aside in a bowl
- Sauté the shrimp in olive oil for a few minutes until they have some color. Take out of the pan as well
- Now add 4 sprays of PAM cooking spray. Put a tortilla in the skillet. Fill half of the tortilla with half of the vegetable mix and shrimp.
- Cover with cheese and foiled. Repeat for the second quesadilla. Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Turn when the tortillas are brown and cook the other side for another 2-3 minutes
- Take out of the pan and cut in wedges. Serve immediately
Calories: 454; Fat: 19.9g; Carbs: 25.3g; Protein: 43.6g;