These shrimp quesadillas are the best because they got it all.
This recipe is healthy, easy to make and so delicious. With these quesadillas, you can’t go wrong. So are you ready to learn how you can make these avocado shrimp quesadillas? Let get started!
This is one of those healthy shrimp recipes which you can make in no time. In less than 15 minutes these quesadillas are on the table.
You can make these for lunch but if these quesadillas are also perfect when you want a light dinner.
The combination of garlic, avocado, and shrimp is a classic. You can’t go wrong and in this quesadilla recipe, it tastes even better.
Make them with some homemade flour tortillas and you have a taste of authentic world cuisine.
I made these quesadillas in a skillet but you can easily bake them in the oven.
If you like to make them in the oven take a look at the video below it will show you how to make oven-baked quesadillas.
Make the filling the same way as described below in the recipe and then follow the oven instructions in the video.
They will be just a crunchy but you do not have to stay with your quesadilla all the time which is the case when you bake them in a skillet.
Which is not a bad thing at all. You get to enjoy the sight of these perfect quesadillas already.
Avocado shrimp quesadilla ingredients
To make this avocado shrimp quesadilla recipe you need a number of ingredients. Make a list so you will not forget any ingredients.
How easy is that? You can also store it in your phone so you never forget what you need the next time.
This is nice because if you make this recipe you will make it again and I am sure.
So this what do you need:
- Flour tortillas
- White onion
- Clove of garlic
- Red bell pepper
- Avocado sliced
- Shredded cheese
- Olive oil
- Cooking spray
How to make avocado shrimp quesadilla recipe
To make this healthy shrimp recipe start by cutting the mushroom into thin slices and finely dice the onion.
Then it is time to start with the quesadilla filling. Take a small skillet and pan-fry the bell pepper, white onion, and garlic in olive oil.
When the ingredients are soft and translucent add the mushrooms and cook until these are also soft before you set the filling aside.
Next step, you pan-fry the shrimps with a little olive oil in a couple of minutes. Do not leave them in the skillet too long.
Move them around the pan and when they are browned take the skillet off the heat and set aside.
Heat the skillet and spray with cooking spray. When the skillet is hot, fold two tortillas and put them in the pan.
Lift one side of the tortilla and fill with the bell pepper, onion, garlic and mushroom mixture. Sprinkle this part of the quesadilla generously with cheese.
Close the tortilla and repeat for the second quesadilla. Bake the shrimp quesadilla for 3-5 minutes before you turn the quesadillas.
Bake the other side of the quesadilla in 3-5 minutes as well. Take off the heat and let it cool slightly.
Cut the quesadilla in three equal parts like a wedge and serve with a sauce.
Ready to serve.
The best dips for quesadillas
Quesadillas are made for a dip. You can eat them with a variety of dips or sauces. Want to make some give these recipes a try:
- Roasted tomato salsa – made in the oven and done in less than 20 minutes. Make this dip before you start with your quesadillas and both are ready at the same time
- Healthy guacamole – guacamole goes with everything so no surprise how well these quesadillas go with this dip
- Restaurant-style salsa – one of the best dip sauces of all time and super delicious. Make ahead and store in the fridge or freezer
- Burrito sauce – this also tastes great with your quesadillas this burrito sauce
Serve shrimp quesadillas with
When you want to serve these quesadillas for dinner you have a load of options to serve them with. Take a look at these options:
Other quesadilla recipes
If you love these avocado shrimp quesadillas take a look at these other quesadilla recipes on my blog:
- Oven-baked chicken quesadillas – shows you how you can make simple oven-baked tortillas
- Spicy chicken – make this classic on the weekend to serve to a big group
- Sweet quesadillas – shows you there are more than savory quesadilla recipes. Made with homemade Nutella
- Breakfast quesadillas – made with scrambled eggs and lots of other delicious ingredients
- Beef quesadillas – the best quesadillas made with ground beef and pan-fried. Yum!
See how you can make oven-baked quesadillas
You can make these quesadillas in a skillet but you can also bake them in the oven.
Because baking in the oven is really easy, take a look at the instruction video on how you can prepare any quesadilla in the oven.
It contains a step by step instructions so you can easily follow along. Try it yourself!
Have fun with this shrimp quesadilla recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Try these avocado shrimp quesadillas. They are a great lunch filled with seafood, lettuce, shrimp and more. Give these a try and make them self home .
- 2 tortillas
- 14 shrimp cleaned
- 6-8 mushrooms
- ½ white onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ Red bell pepper
- Avocado sliced
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Cooking spray
- Clean the shrimp and cut them in half. Heat a skillet and saute the onion, mushroom and garlic with a tbsp olive oil. Stir and cook for a few minutes until soft. Put aside in a bowl
- Sauté the shrimp in olive oil for a few minutes until they have some color. Take out of the pan as well
- Now add 4 sprays of PAM cooking spray. Put a tortilla in the skillet. Fill half of the tortilla with half of the vegetable mix and shrimp.
- Cover with cheese and foiled. Repeat for the second quesadilla. Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Turn when the tortillas are brown and cook the other side for another 2-3 minutes
- Take out of the pan and cut in wedges. Serve immediately
Calories: 454; Fat: 19.9g; Carbs: 25.3g; Protein: 43.6g;