Avocado tomato salad in an oven-baked tortilla taco bowl. This salad looks so festive.
It has all these bright colors and a great vinaigrette. You can eat the whole salad including the salad bowl. Want to see how you can put together this avocado tomato salad? Let’s get started!
During the week I eat a salad all most daily. Salads are so versatile that you never really have to eat the same salad twice.
The vinaigrette in this salad was a classic recipe that I learned from my aunt in France when we were there many years ago.
It always stuck in my mind and when I do not know what to put on my salad this is the go-to recipe.
Avocado tomato salad ingredient
To make this salad you need the following ingredients:
- Mixed lettuce
- Red cabbage (grated)
- Cherry tomatoes
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Sunflower seeds
- Parmesan or cheese to your liking
For the vinaigrette the following ingredients are required:
- Olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Pepper to taste
How to make avocado tomato salad
Making a salad is easy and fast to assemble. This salad is done in under 10 minutes.
If you want to serve the salad in an oven-baked tortilla taco bowl start with making the bowl and then prepare the salad.
If you are on a keto diet then use a normal type of salad bowl.
Heat a pan and pan fry the slices of bacon without any oil until crisp. Then start with the vinaigrette. Put the olive oil in the bowl and add the vinegar.
Whisk the mustard and mayonnaise through the oil and vinegar. Then add the sugar, salt and grind some fresh pepper.
This result is a smooth vinaigrette. Then add the salad and cover it with the vinaigrette. To make it super decorative make an oven-baked tortilla bowl.
This will take 15 minutes. When the salad and vinaigrette you can put it in the oven baked tortilla bowl. Now it is time to decorate the salad.
Put the bacon on the salad. Half the cherry tomatoes and put them on the salad. The same applies to the sun-dried tomatoes.
Then you can thinly slice a halved avocado and put them on the salad. Sprinkle some sunflower seeds on your salad, grated Parmesan and you are done.
Avocado tomato salad options
- Boiled eggs – salad and eggs go really well together. Boil your eggs for 6-7 minutes and put a sliced egg on your salad
- Carrot – grate some carrots and mix them through your salad
- Pan fried mushrooms – heat some oil and quickly bake the mushroom brown. Put them on top of the salad
- Shrimp – avocado, and shrimp are a great combination to add a couple of tablespoons of shrimp to this salad
- Turkey – want to keep is lean and low fat remove the bacon and add some piece of grilled chicken fillet or turkey
Other salad recipes
If you love salads take a look at these salad recipes:
See how you can make this avocado tomato salad
Want to see how you can put together this avocado tomato salad? Watch the instruction video below:
Have fun with the avocado tomato salad recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Made a recipe tag @thetortillachannel on Instagram or PIN it on Pinterest.
Avocado tomato salad in an oven baked tortilla taco bowl. This salad looks so festive with all of the bright colors and a great vinaigrette. You can eat the whole salad including the salad bowl. Want to see how you can put together this avocado tomato salad? Lets get started!
- 1 small bag of mixed salad
- ½ red cabbage (grated)
- 2 slices of bacon
- ½ avocado
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 tbsp of sun flower seeds
- Parmesan cheese to your liking
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp mayonaise
- 1 tsp sugar
- pinch of salt
- pepper to tast
- Heat a pan and pan fry the slices of bacon without any oil until crisp. Set aside
- Put the olive oil in the bowl and add the vinegar. Whisk the mustard and mayonaise through the oil and vinegar. Then add the sugar, salt and grind some fresh pepper
- Add the salad and cover it with the vinaigrette
- Put the bacon on the salad. Half the cherry tomatoes. Put the cherry tomatoes and sun-dried tomatoes on the salad.
- Thinly slice a halved avocado and put them on the salad
- Grate some parmesan cheese on the salad
- Sprinkle some sun flower seeds on your salad
Calories: 432; Fat: 29.9g; Carbs: 33.8g; Protein: 11.8g;