How to bake these sweet banana Nutella quesadillas is really simple. Especially if you normally pan fry your quesadilla.
There is no need because they can be made with less fat and as a result, become nice and crispy baked quesadillas. Ready to learn how to bake these sweet Nutella quesadillas? Let’s get started!
Yes, you read it right sweet quesadillas. You may not think about making sweet recipes with tortillas but believe me when I tell you that tortilla is a great base for it.
Tortillas have a quite neutral taste and can adapt to the ingredients you add. The best way to make a sweet tortilla recipe is to bake it in the oven.
That way your bakes can absorb the flavors without you having to fry it oil.
Now you can take an extra piece of Nutella quesadilla as you do eat all the extra calories. Sweet banana quesadillas is a really easy vegan dessert recipe to make.
Nutella quesadillas ingredients
For this recipe all the ingredients are homemade but of course, you can put them on your shopping list and buy them in the store.
You need at least the following ingredients:
- Nutella (homemade)
- Grated coconut
- Icing sugar
- Cooking spray
How to make these sweet Nutella quesadillas
To make these Nutella quesadillas we start by preheating the oven at 400℉/200℃. Then take one of your favorite tortillas and spray one side with cooking spray and brush it on the tortilla.
Put the sprayed side of the tortilla on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Take about two tablespoons of Nutella and spread on half of the tortilla.
I love homemade Nutella as it has more texture than the real thing and the taste comes really close.
Then put 3 raspberries on the homemade Nutella. Slice a banana in thin slices and cover the hazelnut spread and raspberry with the banana.
To finish it sprinkle a bit of grated coconut on the banana. Fold the quesadilla and repeat 2 times.
Put them in the oven for about 6 minutes. Flip the banana Nutella quesadilla on the baking tray and bake for another 6 minutes.
You will get a combination of soft in the middle and crunchy on the outside dessert quesadillas.
Cut the baked quesadilla in half and sprinkle with some of the leftover grated coconut and icing sugar. Ready to serve.
Tortillas to use for Nutella quesadilla
As mentioned you can either make your own tortillas or use your favorite tortillas. Here some recipe options to make your own tortillas:
- Flour tortilla – the original tortilla these are one of the best tortillas
- Soft vegan tortillas – made with non-dairy milk for soft tortillas
- Yufka tortillas – Turkish tortilla flatbread
- Soft fajitas tortilla
Or you can buy your favorite tortilla like:
- Smart tortilla – one of my favorite low carb tortillas with additional protein.
See how to bake sweet Nutella banana quesadillas
Want to see how to bake these sweet Nutella banana quesadillas? Watch the instruction video.
Other dessert recipes
If you like delicious desserts then you have to take a look at all of these easy dessert recipes and give them a try:
- Apple pie enchiladas – if you love apple pie filling turn it into an apple enchilada
- Sopapilla cheesecake – a yummy dessert that is quick and easy to make
- Bunuelos – a lovely fried tortilla dessert with cream cheese
- Tortilla cups – a sweet dessert made with tortillas
- Spanish churros – another delicious fried sweet treat
Have fun with this sweet Nutella banana quesadillas recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
How to bake these sweet banana Nutella quesadillas is really simple. All you need is a baking tray and an oven. Lets get started!
- 3 tortillas
- 6 tbsp Nutella
- 1 banana
- ½ cup raspberries
- grated coconut
- icing sugar
- cooking spray
- Pre heat oven at 400℉/200℃
- Spray the outside of the tortilla with cooking spray and put on a baking tray lined with parchment paper
- Flip tortilla and spread 2 tbsp of Nutella on the tortilla
- Cut the raspberry in half and put on top of Nutella
- Cover the Nutella with thin slices of banana
- In the oven for 6 minutes
- Flip and bake for another 6 minutes
- Cut in half and sprinkle with icing sugar
- Serve immediately
Calories: 314; Fat: 12.3g; Carbs: 48.2g; Protein: 4.2g;