Want to make the best BBQ chicken quesadilla without a barbecue?
Try this recipe it is a great dinner recipe. It is oven-baked, seasoned to perfection and done in no time. So are you ready to learn how to make BBQ chicken quesadillas? Let’s get started!
To make the best BBQ chicken quesadillas you do not need a barbecue. I hear you think but seriously you only need the best BBQ sauce.
This recipe is all about the sauce and the main reason why it is so popular. Who doesn’t love barbecue sauce?
Quesadillas are a full meal but really easy to make. So when you are stressed for time take this recipe and put some quesadillas together.
They also serve great as a lunch dish or a quick snack if you have some leftover chicken.
In less than 30 minutes you have these on the table. The good news is that you can prepare them in the oven so you do not have to keep an eye on them all the time.
You can also bake them in a skillet and prepare two quesadillas at a time.
BBQ chicken quesadilla ingredients
To make this delicious barbecue chicken quesadillas you need a number of ingredients. Have the following ingredients ready when you start this recipe:
- Flour tortillas
- Whole chicken or rotisserie chicken
- Sweet red pepper
- Red onion
- Shredded mozzarella
- Homemade quesadilla seasoning
- Smoked paprika
- Homemade BBQ Sauce
If you do not have quesadilla seasoning or do not want to make it you can substitute it with chili powder.
How to make BBQ chicken quesadillas
Start with the chicken and shred (leftover) chicken in a large bowl. You can also boil a chicken breast in some chicken stock and pull apart into shredded chicken.
Then finely dice the red onion and set aside. Also finely dice the sweet red pepper into small cubes.
Now add the onion, sweet pepper, quesadilla seasoning, smoked paprika, and BBQ sauce to the bowl with. Stir until everything is evenly combined.
Take a tortilla and spray one side with cooking spray. If you do not have cooking spray, brush the tortillas with olive oil.
Take about 1/2 cup of the BBQ chicken mixture and put it on each tortilla. Spread it evenly over half of the tortilla.
Sprinkle the chicken mixture with the shredded mozzarella cheese. Fold the tortilla and put it on the baking tray.
Repeat for the remaining tortillas. Preheat the oven to 400℉ and bake the quesadilla for 10 minutes.
Then turn the, to cook for another 10 minutes or until the outside is brown and crispy, the filling has heated through, and the cheese has melted.
Cut each quesadilla in 3 equal size wedges. Your BBQ chicken quesadillas are ready to serve.
Serve quesadillas with
You have loads of options to serve with quesadillas they are so versatile and taste yummy no matter what. Take a look at these side dishes:
See how to make quesadillas in the oven?
If you want to see how easy it is to make chicken quesadillas in the oven? Take a look at these chicken quesadillas in the recipe video.
You will get a step by step instruction so you can follow along and make them at home.
I hope you love these BBQ chicken quesadillas recipe as much as I do!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Looking for an easy quesadilla recipe? Try these BBQ chicken quesadillas for lunch or dinner. Made with rotisserie chicken and (homemade) BBQ sauce.
- 4 flour tortillas
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken
- 1-2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup homemade BBQ Sauce
- 1 sweet red pepper
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 teaspoon homemade quesadilla seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Shred the rotisserie chicken into a large bowl. Finely dice the red onion and the sweet red pepper
- Add the onion, sweet pepper, quesadilla seasoning, smoked paprika, and BBQ sauce to the bowl with. Stir until everything is evenly combined
- Spray one side of a tortilla with cooking spray (note 1)
- Place about 1/2 cup of the BBQ chicken mixture on each tortilla and spread it evenly over one half of the tortilla
- Sprinkle the chicken with the shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fold the tortilla and put it on the baking tray. Repeat for the remaining 3 tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 400℉ and bake the quesadilla for 10 minutes. Then turn the, to cook for another 10 minutes or until the outside is brown and crispy, the filling has heated through, and the cheese has melted
- Cut each quesadilla in 3 equal size wedges
Note 1 - If you do not have cooking spray brush with olive oil
Calories: 633; Fat: 22g; Carbs: 63g; Protein: 47g;