Beef burritos with Mexican rice are on the menu today. A classic recipe with soft slow cook beef.
Beef burritos wrapped in a soft big tortilla. Add some chili beans and I guarantee you will be in burrito heaven. Are you ready to learn how to make these beef burritos with Mexican rice? Let’s get started!
While going through all of my burrito recipes I found out that I hadn’t shared a beef burrito yet.
That is about to change with today’s recipe which is one of my favorites. No minced meat in this burrito although you can easily substitute it for the beef here.
Besides cooking the beef in the oven you can also make this recipe in a slow cooker or Crockpot. Put it on Low for 4 hours or High for 2 hours.
Beef burritos ingredients
These beef burritos consist of soft beef on the one hand and some delicious Mexican rice on the other hand.
For the beef you need the following ingredients:
- Quality beef
- Orange juice
- Lemon juice
- Paprika powder
- Garlic powder
- Olive oil
- Tomato sauce
- Stock cube
- Shredded cheese (optional)
How to make beef burritos with Mexican rice
Preheat your oven at 475℉/225℃. Start by browning the beef in olive oil. This will take about 5 minutes. Take the beef out of the pan and set aside.
Add the onion and garlic to the pan and let it go soft and translucent. Add more olive oil if the pan is dry.
When the onion is soft add the orange juice and lemon juice. Add the stock cube before you add the tomato sauce and bring to a boil.
Add the paprika powder, garlic powder, oregano, basil and cumin to the pan and stir. Return the beef into the pan and cover with sauce.
Add about half a cup of water until the meat is almost covered. Cover the lid and put the pan in the oven for at least 2,5 hours.
With the lid on the meat will go really soft. During the cooking process add water when needed.
Usually, this will be at the 1-hour and 2-hour mark. This recipe benefits from long cooking times so the longer you have the better.
During the cooking time make some Mexican rice and warm some chili beans. When the meat is done shred in a bowl and start assembling the burrito.
Start with a big tortilla the biggest available. Then add a couple of tablespoons of Mexican rice, then some shredded beef, chili beans and a handful of cheese.
Top with some of the rich meat sauce. Fold the burrito and you are ready to serve.
How to store beef burritos with Mexican rice
You can make the shredded beef and the Mexican rice a day ahead. The flavors will be more intense if you store them in a container in the refrigerator.
Wrap them in aluminum foil and put them in the freezer for about a month.
Other burrito recipes
See how you can make beef burritos
Want to see how you can make beef burritos with Mexican rice yourself? Watch the video instruction below:
Have fun making beef burritos with Mexican rice!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Beef burritos with Mexican rice wrapped in a soft big tortilla. Add some chili beans and I guarantee you will be in burrito heaven. Are you ready to learn how to make this soft shredded beef burritos? Lets get started!
- 4 large tortillas
- 1 pound of quality beef
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- 1 tsp of paprika powder
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Basil
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 onion
- 3 minced garlic
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- Stock cube
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup shredded cheese (optional)
- Mexican rice
- Chili beans
- Preheat your oven at 475F/225C
- Browning the beef on both sides in olive oil. This will take about 5 minutes then set aside
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan until soft and translucent. Add more olive oil if the pan is dry
- Add orange juice and lemon juice and whisk before you add the stock cube and the tomato sauce. Bring to the boil
- Add the seasoning paprika powder, garlic powder, oregano, basil and cumin, and stir
- Return the beef into the pan and cover with sauce. Add about half a cup of water until the meat is almost covered
- Cover the lid and put the pan in the oven for at least 2,5 hours
- Prepare the Mexican rice and warm the chili beans during the last half hour of cooking time
- Take a large tortilla and add a couple of tablespoons of Mexican rice, then some shredded beef, chili beans and a handful of cheese. Top with meat sauce
- Fold the burrito and serve
Calories: 760; Fat: 34.8g; Carbs: 64.1g; Protein: 45g;