Easy beef enchiladas that is on the menu today. They are so easy to make in the oven so great for week night. Ready to surprise your family with these beef enchiladas? Lets get started!
With just a limited amount of ingredients you get a new family favorite on the table this beef enchiladas recipe is that good. I love oven recipes because the oven can perform its magic. Pop it in and get a complete meal out.
Now for this recipe you need to do some prep but the heavy lifting is done in the oven and you can go and do other things. Like having a glass of wine, vacuum the living room or reading a story to your kids.
Because that is how much time you will have for other things. The prep is not to bad as well. In less than 30 minutes you have food on the table. Now where do you find that with an enchilada recipes.
This is a basic recipe so if you have your favorite ingredients and they are missing on the list just add them. That is something I do all the time. Take a recipe and run with it make it my own.
Beef enchilada ingredients
To make this beef enchilada recipe you literally need 10 ingredients. Take a look at the ingredients below and put them on your shopping list. Here we go:
- Ground beef
- Kidney beans
- Enchilada seasoning
- Shredded cheese
How to make beef enchiladas
Start this recipe with browning the ground meat in a cast iron skillet. Finely chop the onion, garlic and the fresh ginger. Add these to the meat and stir through the meat until soft and translucent.
Now add a tablespoon of enchilada seasoning stir through the meat. Add a cup of water and the meat stew simmer for 5 minutes.
Take the sofrito and warm. Stir in 1 tablespoon of enchilada seasoning mix and oregano and a cup of water and let it also simmer for 5 minutes.
Pre heat the oven to 450℉/225℃. Warm the oven dish in the oven so it is warm when you start to bake the enchiladas.
In the meanwhile prepare the enchiladas.Take a tortilla, put one to two tablespoons of enchilada sauce on the tortillas, add a table bean and minced beef mix. Sprinkle some cheese on top and wrap the tortilla.
Repeat for the 5 remaining tortillas. When the oven is warm put the wrapped enchiladas in the oven dish and cover it with enchilada sauce.
Sprinkle two cups of shredded cheese like hard mozzarella or Gouda cheese in the middle of the enchiladas.
Bake the oven dish for 20 minutes. Let it cool slightly and serve immediately.
Ingredients to add to your enchilada
You can add a lot of different ingredients to your enchiladas:
- Bell peppers
- Green beans
More enchilada recipes
If you like this beef enchilada recipe you might love these enchilada recipes as well:
- Pulled chicken enchiladas – a great recipe made with shredded chicken and vegan hot enchilada sauce.
- Chicken spinach and egg enchilada – made with spinach, chicken and egg. Want to try a different enchilada? Give this recipe a try.
See how to make enchilada sauce
If you want to make homemade vegan enchilada sauce take a look at the instruction video below:
Have fun with this beef enchilada recipe! Made a recipe tag @thetortillachannel or PIN on Pinterest.
Surprise your family with these easy beef enchiladas. A new family favorite made with ground beef, beans and enchilada sauce. Easy weeknight recipe.
- 200 gram minced beef
- 6 small tortillas
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 dime sized fresh ginger
- 2 cups of kidney and brown Beans
- 300 ml sofrito
- 2 tbsp enchilada seasoning
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1½ cup Shredded cheese
- Brown the meat
- Mince the onion, bell pepper, ginger and garlic. Add to the meat and brown
- Now add the enchilada seasoning and add some water
- Let it simmer for 5 minutes
- Take the sofrito and warm. Stir in 1 tbsp of enchilada seasoning and oregano and a cup of water
- Take a torilla, put two tablespoons sauce, add bean and minced beef mix. Sprinkle some cheese on top and wrap the tortilla. Put in the oven dish.
- Repeat for the 5 remaining tortillas. Cover with the enchiclada sauce
- Heat the oven to 450F/225C. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes
Calories: 970; Fat: 52g; Carbs: 73g; Protein: 65g;