This carrot cake is by far the most delicious naturally sweeten, dairy-free cake and gluten-free.
Made with freshly grated carrots and decorated with pecan. It is sweet and moist and rich and delicious. A must try. Do you want to learn how you can make the best carrot cake ever? Let’s get started!
The best carrot cake I ever tasted was in Spain. In a bakery called Panaderia Pasteleria Y Cafeteria La Tahona in Alhaurin el Grande.
A lovely town in the South of Spain. We have visited this town many times when we go on vacation.
We would go to the Panaderia regularly for some coffee and tea and a boccadillo.
About a year ago a lovely lady Dinorah took over this bakery and she is one of the kindest people I ever met.
A couple of weeks ago we went to visit and got treated to the best carrot cake ever. We had it twice that week it was that good.
I asked for her recipe and she was kind enough to share it with me. I made a few small adjustments to but it tastes so good that I am in love with this cake.
Carrot cake ingredients
If you want to make this cake recipe you need to put the following ingredients on your grocery list:
- Rice flour
- Apple sauce
- Coconut oil
- Brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Powdered sugar for decoration
How to make carrot cake
It contains not only grated carrots but also grated apple, rice flour, eggs, brown sugar, coconut oil, baking soda, and pecans.
To make this recipe add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients in a bowl. Combine and stir and mix into a thick batter.
Preheat the oven to 370℉/180℃. Put the mixture in a springform and decorate with chopped pecans.
Let the cake bake in the oven for about 45-50 minutes. Start to check around the 35-minute mark to see if the cake is done yet.
A bamboo skewer needs to come out clean. Then take it out of the oven as you do not want a dry cake. Sprinkle some powdered sugar on the cake.
Then take a bite in one of the most delicious cakes you have ever tried. Seriously follow this recipe and you will taste the best carrot cake in your life.
Of course, the best will be in the South of Spain but I guarantee this is a close second.
More great baking recipes
If you like to bake then check out some of my other favorite baking recipes as well:
- Chocolate fruit-pecan pie
- Mango Nutty Nutella pie galette
- Dutch apple pie
- Sweet organic apple pie galette
- Sweet pull apart chocolate and nuts bread
- Apple cake
How to make the best carrot cake ever
Want to know how to make the best carrot cake ever? Watch the instruction video below: to follow along:
Have fun with the best carrot cake recipe ever!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Want to learn how you can make the best carrot cake ever? This recipe has it all. It is sweet, moist, rich and so delicious. Lets get started!
- 140 gram of grated carrots
- 140 gram of grated apple
- 140 gram of rice flour
- 100 ml of apple sauce
- 120 ml of coconut oil
- 115 gram of brown sugar
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp of cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp of nutmeg
- ¼ cup of pecan nuts
- icing sugar for decoration
- Grate the carrots and apple
- Whisk eggs, coconut oil. Add the carrot, apples and apple sauce
- Combine rice flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Whisk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until all the ingredients are mixed properly
- Preheat the oven on 370℉/180℃
- Put the mixture in a springform and decorate with finely chopped pecan nuts. Bake the cake for 45-50 minutes. Check at 35 minutes if the cake is dry in the middle with a skewer or large bamboo skewer
- Cool and sprinkle some icing sugar on the cake
Calories: 313; Fat: 17.4g; Carbs: 38.3g; Protein: 3.5g;