This week I am showing you a new favorite recipe which I first had a couple of weeks ago. This is one that will stay in my repeat recipes and one of my favorites for decades to come because I love it. Because it is the best, the best carrot cake recipe ever. It is sweet and moist and rich and delicious. A must try. Do you want to learn how you can make the best carrot cake ever? Lets get started!
I had the best carrot cake in Spain in a bakery Panaderia Pasteleria Y Cafeteria La Tahona from Dino Dulce in Alhaurin el Grande. A lovely town in the South of Spain. We have visited this town many time when we go on vacation.
We would go to the Panaderia for some coffee and tea and a boccadillo. About a year ago a lovely lady Dinorah took over this bakery and she is one of the kindest people I ever met.
A couple of weeks ago we went to visit and got treated to the best carrot cake ever. We had it twice that week it was that good. I asked for her recipe and she was kind enough to share it with me. I made a few small adjustment to but it tastes so good that I am in love with this cake.
It contains not only grated carrots but also grated apple, rice flour, eggs, brown sugar, coconut oil, baking soda and pecans.
Leave it in the oven for about 45-50 minutes but start to check around the 35 minute mark to see if it done yet. You do not want a dry cake. Then take a bite in one of the most delicious cakes you have ever tried.
Seriously follow this recipe and you will taste the best carrot cake in your life. Of course the best will be in the South of Spain but I guarantee this is a close second.
More great baking recipes
If you like to bake then check out some of my other favorite baking recipes as well:
- Chocolate fruit pecan pie
- Mango Nutty Nutella pie galette
- Sweet organic apple pie galette
- Sweet pull apart chocolate and nuts bread
How to make the best carrot cake ever
Want to know how I make the best carrot cake ever? Watch the 1 minute food inspiration video below:
Have fun with the best carrot cake recipe ever! Made a recipe tag @thetortillachannel on Instagram or PIN on Pinterest.
I love comments so let me know your thoughts on this recipe in the comment box below.
Want to learn how you can make the best carrot cake ever? This recipe has it all. It is sweet, moist, rich and so delicious. Lets get started!
- 140 gram of grated carrots
- 140 gram of grated apple
- 140 gram of rice flour
- 100 ml of apple sauce
- 120 ml of coconut oil
- 115 gram of brown sugar
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp of cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp of nutmeg
- ¼ cup of pecan nuts
- icing sugar for decoration
- Grate the carrots and apple
- Whisk eggs, coconut oil. Add the carrot, apples and apple sauce
- Combine rice flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until all the ingredients are mixed properly
- Pre heat the oven on 370 F
- Put the mixture in a spring form and decorate with finely chopped pecan nuts. Bake the cake for 45-50 minutes. Check at 35 minutes if the cake is dry in the middle with a skewer or large tooth pick
- Cool and sprinkle some icing sugar on the cake
Calories: 313; Fat: 17.4g; Carbs: 38.3g; Protein: 3.5g;