The ultimate chicken burgers that is what we are making today. We have to go outside because it is time for a BBQ. To honour Summer we are making BBQ chicken burgers. Not just any chicken burger but big chicken burger wraps. You can dress them up how ever you like. So take out all your favorite toppings and get that BBQ going. Are you ready to learn how to make the ultimate chicken burgers? Lets get started!
So tell me are you a char coal or electric/gas BBQ-er? I truly love the flavour that charcoal adds to anything you put on the barbecue but to be honest it does take a lot of time just to get the barbecue going.
If you are stressed for time or do not own a charcoal barbecue you can fire up your electric/gas barbecue or use a grill pan. The end result will be equally great (without the charcoal flavour that is).
For this occasion I took out the charcoal grill and fired it up. While the coals were burning white I made all the necessary preparations to create the chicken burgers.
You can substitute the chicken burgers for beef or lamb or even a vegetarian burger will do great in this dish. After I discovered the burger from De vegetarische slager I have not made regular beef burgers anymore.
Chicken burger ingredients
To make this chicken burger recipe you need at least the following ingredients:
- Minced chicken meat
How to make chicken burgers
Break the egg into a bowl, add the breadcrumbs, chopped onion, salt and pepper to taste. Whisk the mixture and add the minced chicken.
Mix through and divide into four burgers. Grill the burgers on the barbecue and roasted some red onion and two strips of bacon in a skillet.
To finish it off I let the big tortillas warm through on the barbecue as well. If you have children or want to do a summer buffet just use small tortillas and one burger.
Fold the tortillas the same way and you have a mini chicken wrap burger.
Then it is time to assemble the burgers. You stack up one side of the tortilla with lettuce, burger, onion, tomato and bacon.
Do the same steps in reverse so bacon, tomato, onion, burger and lettuce before folding the tortilla one time and them one more time to get a nice big BBQ chicken wrap burger.
Eat these chicken burgers with
These burgers are great on their own but taste even better when you eat them with:
- Mexican potatoes
- Homemade guacamole
- Mexican rice
- Avocado tomato salad
- Mexican fries
- Homemade barbecue sauce
More hamburger recipes
If you love burgers than you take a look at these recipes as well:
- Tortilla hamburger – the best ground beef and oval tortilla bread makes the best tortilla burger.
- Mexican burger – a great burger made with ground beef, a homemade taco seasoning and a variety of other ingredients.
- Falafel burger – want to try something vegan than this falafel burger with pita taco is a great burger recipe.
See how to make chicken burgers with tortillas
I hope you enjoy this how to make BBQ chicken burgers recipe! Made a recipe tag @thetortillachannel on Instagram or PIN on Pinterest.
Today we are making chicken burgers wrapped in big tortillas. Double burgers, wraps, potatoes and veggies what more do you want, so fire up that grill.
- 2 tortillas
- 300 gram minced chicken
- 1 egg
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ½ white onion
- ½ red onion
- 1 tomato
- ½ cup guacamole
- 2 strips of bacon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add your favorite topping
- Fire up the barbecue
- Break the egg into a bowl
- Add the breadcrumbs and white onion
- Add salt and pepper
- Whisk the mixture
- Add the minced chicken and stir thoroughly
- Divide into four patties and shape into burgers
- When the barbecue is nice and hot put the burgers on the grill
- Turn until golden brown
- Bake the bacon
- Bake the red onion
- Warm the tortillas
- To assemble the burger. You have to be able to fold the tortilla in half. Take a tortilla and stack lettuce, burger, onion, tomato and bacon on the right side of the tortilla
- Stack the second burger on the left side of the tortilla but in reverse order. So start with bacon, tomato, onion, burger and lettuce
- Fold the tortilla in half and then fold it again. You now have a quart tortilla
- Ready to serve
Make sure the charcoals are white before you put the burgers on the grill. Do not bake to fast else the inside of the burger does not get baked thoroughly.
Calories: 486; Fat: 18.7g; Carbs: 24.5g; Protein: 53.8g;