This BLT wrap is a real classic recipe that we are making even better today.
It is one of those super yummy recipes that you can prepare for lunch or fast dinner. Add in some whole grain flour tortillas and you are good to go. So are you ready to learn how to make BLT wrap? Let’s get started!
Bacon, lettuce, tomato is the base of the BLT but instead of putting it on a sandwich you will be surprised how good it tastes on a tortilla.
This recipe makes for a great lunch and can be made ahead of time. As you are using lettuce you can’t freeze it but store it in the fridge and you are good to go.
They look great wrapped up in parchment paper so if you are planning a fancy picknick or a bring something for lunch or dinner.
BLT wrap ingredients
A very simple and easy recipe that requires just a handful of ingredients. Be sure to put the following ingredients on your grocery list:
How to make a BLT wrap
This recipe requires minimal cooking time. If you get streaky bacon you do not need to cook anything and if you have slices of bacon you start with that.
Preheat a skillet to medium-high heat and put the slices of bacon in the pan. You do not need any baking product like oil or butter because the bacon has enough fat.
Turn after a couple of minutes and cook until the bacon is brown and crispy. Take out of the pan and drain on a paper towel.
Then wash 1 or 2 lettuce leaves and drain in a strainer to remove the excess water.
Then take a small bowl and add the mayonnaise, ranch seasoning and mustard. Stir until all the ingredients are well combined.
Take a knife and a tortilla and spread about 1 tablespoon of the mayonnaise mixture on the tortilla. Add one or two lettuce leaves on the mayonnaise.
Take a sharp knife and cut the tomato in thin slices. Put 3 slices of tomato on the lettuce before you add 2-3 slices of crispy bacon on top.
If you make the classic version roll up the tortilla and you are done. I add thin slices of avocado to make this BLT taste even better.
Sprinkle some salt and pepper on top which is totally optional.
Your BLT tortilla wrap is ready to serve.
What goes well with BLTS for dinner?
There are lots of side dishes that you can serve and eat with BLTs but I think it is best to keep it really simple.
No reason to have a simple main dish and run around in the kitchen to cook your side dish. So the following dishes go really well with BLTs:
What else can I put on a BLT?
Even though the base of a BLT is bacon, lettuce and tomato don’t mean you can’t add other delicious ingredients.
To take your BLT wrap a notch you can add:
- Hummus – you can use hummus instead of mayonnaise
- Eggs – fry or poach an egg and put it on your wrap
- Sriracha sauce – to spice it
- Aioli – if you think mayonnaise is too plain or boring just add some aioli and your wrap tastes even better
- Roasted tomato salsa – another great addition to your lunch or dinner wrap
- Healthy guacamole – either replace the mayonnaise or add it on top of your lettuce
- Homemade sun-dried tomatoes – to give you wrap that extra bite that will lift the whole wrap to the next level
Other wrap recipes
If you love tortilla wraps you have come to the right place. On the Tortilla Channel, you can find a lot of different recipes.
You can easily make them yourself take a look at a small selection of recipes:
- Vegan wrap
- Salmon wrap on the go
- How to make a chicken wrap
- Chicken caesar wrap
- Tortilla lunch wraps with a bite
- Chicken salad wrap
Have fun making this BLT tortilla wrap recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Looking for an easy and tasty lunch or dinner wrap that you can take along on a picknick? Try this BLT wrap recipe. Done in no time!
- 3 tortillas
- 6-9 slices of bacon
- 1 tomato
- 2-3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Ranch seasoning
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Preheat a skillet to medium-high heat and put the slices of bacon in the pan. Turn after a couple of minutes and cook until the bacon is brown and crispy
- Take out of the pan and drain on a paper towel
- Wash 1 or 2 lettuce leaves and drain in a strainer to remove the excess water
- Then take a small bowl and add the mayonnaise, ranch seasoning and mustard. Stir until all the ingredients are well combined
- Take a tortilla and spread about 1 tablespoon of the mayonnaise mixture on the tortilla. Add one or two lettuce leaves on the mayonnaise
- Slice the tomato in thin slices. Put 3 slices of tomato on the lettuce before you add 2-3 slices of crispy bacon on top
- Add thin slices of avocado to make this BLT taste even better
If you get streaky bacon you do not need to cook anything
Calories: 309; Fat: 20g; Carbs: 15g; Protein: 16g;