Breakfast egg quesadillas are the best and these are a definite favorite. These are so tasty and easy to make!
These breakfast quesadillas are great for brunch, lunch, snack or dinner if you are a breakfast for dinner type of person. Are you ready to learn how you can make these breakfast egg quesadilla? Let’s get started!
A tortilla is a very versatile ingredient and can be used in a lot of different recipes. These corn wheat tortillas are perfect for a more savory style quesadilla like with egg.
This breakfast quesadilla recipe is really simple and I am all for simple recipes. No need to have 10 or 20 ingredients when you can make a great dish with just three or four ingredients.
To warm the tortillas this recipe doesn’t need a baking product. Just warming the quesadillas is enough so this is a low-fat recipe as well.
Breakfast egg quesadillas ingredients
To make these quesadillas you only need a handful of ingredients on your shopping list:
- Corn wheat tortilla
- Bell pepper
- Chicken breast
How to make egg quesadillas
This recipe consists of two variations one scrambled and one fried option.
Scrambled egg quesadilla
Start whisking an egg and add the milk and keep on stirring then set aside. Then preheat a skillet with oil to sauté the diced bell pepper and the onion.
Now add scramble the egg mixture to the bell pepper and onion. Stir with a wooden spoon and let the egg go dry. Do not leave the egg in the pan too long.
Take a tortilla and put in the skillet on medium heat. Add the egg mixture and fold the tortilla.
Leave in the skillet for about half a minute. Turn and warm the other side and take out of the skillet. Cut the tortilla in half and serve.
Fried egg quesadilla
For this version heat, a skillet and with butter and pan fry an egg. Leave the yolk runny and take the egg out of the pan.
Put a tortilla in the skillet and put 2 slices of chicken filet on the tortilla. Add the fried egg and fold the tortilla.
Let the quesadilla warm for about half to 1 minute before turning and warming the other side of the tortilla.
Take the quesadilla out of the pan, slice in half and serve.
Other breakfast recipes with eggs
If you like this recipe then have a look at these breakfast recipes as well. I’m sure you will love it.
- Huevos rancheros tacos – these huevos rancheros are easy to make with flour tortillas and a baking pan. Great to make in the weekend or for a festive lunch.
- Tortilla bacon and eggs cups – this is a great substitute for bacon and eggs. Made in a tortilla and a muffin tin. Easy to make and done in 20 minutes
- The best breakfast burrito – made with eggs, bacon, and vegetables making sure you get a great start to the day. This burrito is done in less than 10 minutes and freezer proof you so can make them ahead.
See how to make egg quesadillas
Want to see how you can make this breakfast egg quesadilla recipe? Watch the instruction video below:
I hope you enjoyed this breakfast egg quesadilla recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
I'm making easy breakfast egg two ways quesadillas but they can sub as brunch, lunch, snack or dinner if you are a breakfast for dinner type of person!
- 2 tortillas
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of milk
- ½ onion
- ½ bell pepper
- 2 slices of chicken filet
- salt and pepper to taste
- Scrambled option:
- Whisk 1 egg and add the milk set aside
- Heat a skillet and brown the bell pepper and the onion
- Scramble the egg mixture through the bell pepper and onion. Do not leave it in the pan to long
- Take a tortilla and put in the skillet on medium heat. Add the egg mixture and fold the tortilla.
- Leave in the skillet for about half a minute. Turn and warm the other side and take out of the skillet. Half the tortilla and serve
- Fried egg option:
- Pan fry an egg and leave the yolk runny and take out of the pan
- Put tortilla in the skillet and add 2 slices of chicken filet on the tortilla. Add the fried egg and fold the tortilla
- Let it warm for about half to 1 minute before turning and warming the other side
- Take out of the pan, slice in half and serve
Calories: 212; Fat: 9g; Carbs: 21.5g; Protein: 12.1g;