Quesadillas are the best and I realise I do not feature them enough on the Tortilla Channel. Well that is changing today as I am making these super easy breakfast quesadillas. I am calling them breakfast quesadillas but they can sub as brunch, lunch, snack or dinner if you are a breakfast for dinner type of person. So want to know how you can make these breakfast egg two ways quesadilla? Lets get started!
As you hopefully have seen tortilla is a very versatile ingredient in a lot of recipes I make. These corn wheat tortillas are perfect for a more savory style quasadilla like with egg or with chicken. I am going to show you how to make these easy quesadilla because I am all for simple recipes. No need to have 10 or 20 ingredients when you can make a great dish with just three or four ingredients. I am not even using a baking product just warming the quesadillas so I’m keeping it low fat as well.
All you need for this recipe are the following ingredients:
- corn wheat tortilla
- 2 eggs
- bell pepper
- chicken filet slices
One way is a great scramble and the other is a plain fried egg with chicken filet slices instead of bacon to keep it nice and lean. You can make it in about 5 minutes each so with two pans you can have something on the table in a flash
Other breakfast recipes with eggs
If you like this recipe then have a look at these breakfast recipes as well. I’m sure you will love it.
- Huevos rancheros tacos – these huevos rancheros are easy to make with flour tortillas and a baking pan. Great to make in the weekend or for a festive lunch.
- Tortilla bacon and eggs cups – this is a great substitute for bacon and eggs. Made in a tortilla and a muffin tin. Easy to make and done in 20 minutes
- The best breakfast burrito – made with eggs, bacon and vegetables making sure you get a great start to the day. This burrito is done in less than 10 minutes and freezer proof you so can make them ahead.
How to make breakfast egg two ways quesadilla
Want to know how you can make this breakfast egg two ways quesadilla recipe? Watch the 1-minute food inspiration video below:
I hope you enjoyed this breakfast egg two ways recipe quesadilla! Made a recipe tag @thetortillachannel on Instagram.
I'm making easy breakfast egg two ways quesadillas but they can sub as brunch, lunch, snack or dinner if you are a breakfast for dinner type of person!
- 2 tortillas
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of milk
- ½ onion
- ½ bell pepper
- 2 slices of chicken filet
- salt and pepper to taste
- Scrambled option:
- Whisk 1 egg and add the milk set aside
- Heat a skillet and brown the bell pepper and the onion
- Scramble the egg mixture through the bell pepper and onion. Do not leave it in the pan to long
- Take a tortilla and put in the skillet on medium heat. Add the egg mixture and fold the tortilla.
- Leave in the skillet for about half a minute. Turn and warm the other side and take out of the skillet. Half the tortilla and serve
- Fried egg option:
- Pan fry an egg and leave the yolk runny and take out of the pan
- Put tortilla in the skillet and add 2 slices of chicken filet on the tortilla. Add the fried egg and fold the tortilla
- Let it warm for about half to 1 minute before turning and warming the other side
- Take out of the pan, slice in half and serve
Calories: 212; Fat: 9g; Carbs: 21.5g; Protein: 12.1g;