Looking for a great weekend recipe? Try these breakfast enchiladas!
You can now put a different breakfast recipe on the table. It is a very easy recipe to make and you can add your favorite ingredients. So are you ready to learn how to make breakfast enchiladas? Let’s get started!
These tasty hearty Breakfast Enchiladas are stuffed with your favorite breakfast ingredients and smothered with loads of cheese and full of Mexican flavor.
This is an extra special savory breakfast treat. Baked in a hot oven it is ready in less than 15 minutes or until your cheese is melted!
Put these in the oven and you have no issues getting everybody at the breakfast table.
Breakfast enchiladas ingredient
This is a very breakfast recipe. You need a number of ingredients so put the following ingredients on your grocery shopping list:
- Small tortillas
- Ground pork sausages
- Small onion
- Shredded Cheddar cheese
- Enchilada seasoning
How to make breakfast enchiladas
To make this recipe preheat a skillet and in the meanwhile take the skin of the sausages. Put the sausages in the pan.
Break up the sausage meat in the hot skillet until the pink is gone. Finely chop the onion and add to the sausage meat and stir through until the onion is nice and soft.
Sprinkle the enchilada seasoning on the sausage mix and stir to combine the meat and enchilada seasoning together.
Take the sausage mix out of the skillet and put it in a bowl then set aside. Break the eggs in a bowl and whisk the eggs.
Scramble the eggs in 2 or 3 minutes and add to the skillet with the sausage fat. Return the pork meat mix in the pan and combine with the eggs.
Take a small tortilla and fill with ⅙th of the sausage mix. Roll up the tortilla and put it seam side down in a baking dish.
Repeat for the other 5 tortillas. Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese on top of the filled tortillas.
Preheat the oven to 400℉ and put the baking dish in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is bubbling.
Take out of the oven. Finely slice the scallion and sprinkle on the enchiladas to decorate. Serve immediately.
Make-ahead breakfast enchiladas
Can you make breakfast enchiladas ahead of time? Yes, you can make this ahead of time. Make the sausages and egg mix.
Put the eggs mix in the tortillas and put them in an oven dish. Cover the oven dish with foil and store it in the fridge overnight.
Bake in the oven in the morning when ready to serve.
See how to make breakfast enchiladas
Take a look a how easy it is to make these breakfast enchiladas with a small step by step instruction.
Other breakfast recipes
If you like this breakfast recipe you will love these tortilla breakfast recipes as well:
- Breakfast nachos
- Tortilla French toast
- Easy breakfast tacos
- Tasty breakfast tortillas
- Huevos rancheros
- Breakfast burritos
Have fun making these tasty breakfast enchiladas recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Looking for a simple and quick tortilla breakfast recipe? Try these breakfast enchiladas. Filled with eggs, pork sausages and the best Mexican flavors.
- 6 small tortillas
- 4-5 large eggs
- 2 pork sausages
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 scallion
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- ½ tablespoon enchilada seasoning
- Take the skin of the sausages. Break up the sausage meat in a hot skillet stir until the sausage meat is browned
- Finely chop the onion and add to the sausage meat. Stir until the onion is nice and soft
- Sprinkle the enchilada seasoning on the sausage mix. Stir to combine the meat and seasoning
- Take the sausage mix out of the skillet and put it in a bowl then set aside
- Break the eggs in a bowl and whisk to combine. Scramble the eggs in the skillet with the sausage fat
- Return the pork meat mix in the pan and combine with the eggs
- Take a small tortilla and fill with 1/6th of the mix. Roll up the tortilla and put it seam side down in a baking dish. Repeat for the remaining 5 tortillas
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese on top of the tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 400℉ and put the baking dish in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is bubbling
- Finely slice the scallion and sprinkle on top of the enchiladas
- Serve directly
Calories: 506; Fat: 25g; Carbs: 45g; Protein: 24g;