Once you tried these breakfast nachos you will be wondering why you found them earlier. Because these breakfast nachos are a great twist to your regular bacon and eggs. This recipe make you wish it is national nachos day every day. Ready to learn how you can make easy breakfast nachos? Lets get started!
What is the best snack ever? My top 3 would be:
Ok maybe I would try definitely fit some homemade potato chips in this top 3 somewhere. You could say I love a snack with crunch and I love easy snacks.
With this recipe there is even more reason to eat nachos because you can even make them for breakfast, lunch of brunch.
These nachos are oven baked with cooking spray to get them and done in under 10 minutes. If you do not have nacho chips but do have tortillas in your kitchen cabinet, no worries you can make your own.
Breakfast nachos ingredients
To make this recipe get the following ingredients and you are ready to go:
- Tortilla chips
- Grated cheese
- Tomato salsa
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Sour cream (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
How to make easy breakfast nachos
Start with pre heating the oven to 400℉/200℃. In the meanwhile take a baking sheet and put it on a baking tray.
Heat a skillet to hot and pan fry your bacon without any baking product. Bacon has a lot of fat so no need for additional fat. Cut the bacon in small pieces and set aside.
Spray the baking sheet with cooking spray and divide a first layer of tortilla chips. Cover the tortilla chips with your favorite grated cheese.
Then add a second layer of tortillachips and cover with the bacon strips. Finish with a second layer of grated cheese. Put in the oven for 7 minutes.
Re heat the skillet to medium heat and beat the eggs. Take a bit of cooking spray and scramble the eggs in the skillet. Let them cook for a couple of minutes.
Take the baking tray out of the oven. Divide the scrambled eggs on top of the nachos. Cut the avocado in small dices and sprinkle on the nachos. Add small dollops of salsa on the nachos as well. Decorate with fresh cilantro.
If you like you can add some sour cream as well and your breakfast nachos are ready to server.
Cheese for nachos
There are a lot of cheeses you can use on your nachos e.g.:
- Gouda – Being Dutch logically I use a Dutch cheese like grated Gouda. A cheese that melts well into a bubbly mess
- Monterey Jack – True American cheese smooth texture and mild taste
- Sheddar – cheese with a lot of moisture and a sharp taste great for nachos
- Gruyere – A Swiss cheese that contains less salt than other cheeses. Due to the limited amount of salt this cheese melts easily
- Mozzarella – use the hard grated version of mozzarella. You can choose the buffalo soft one a well but these work better on e.g. pizza
- Manchego – a mild Spanish goats cheese that has a specific taste. Contains a little more oil so this cheese can “sweat” when you heat it in the oven
See how you can make homemade tortilla chips
Want to see how you can make your own tortilla chips? Watch the instruction video below. If you do not like corn tortillas you can also make these with flour tortillas:
Have fun with this easy breakfast nachos recipe! Made a recipe tag @thetortillachannel on Instagram or PIN on Pinterest.
Today we make easy breakfast nachos. These oven baked and loaded with avocado and a great salsa. Never tried breakfast nachos? Try these.
- 100 gram Tortilla chips
- 3 Eggs
- 6 strips streaky bacon
- 1 - 1½ grated Gouda cheese
- ½ tomato salsa
- 6 leaves fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbsp sour cream (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Start with pre heating the oven to 400℉/200℃. Put baking sheet on a baking tray.
- Heat a skillet and pan fry your bacon without any baking product. Cut the bacon in small pieces/strips and set aside
- Spray the baking sheet with cooking spray. Divide a first layer of tortilla chips. Cover the tortilla chips with your favorite grated cheese
- Add a second layer of tortillachips and cover with bacon strips. Then a final layer of grated cheese
- Put in the oven for 7 minutes
- Re heat the skillet to medium heat with a little cooking spray, beat the eggs and make scrambled eggs. Let them cook for a couple of minutes
- Take the baking tray out of the oven. Divide the scrambled eggs on top of the nachos
- Cut the avocado in small dices and divide on the nachos. Add small dollops of salsa on the nachos as well. Decorate with fresh cilantro leafs
Add sour cream add 1 to 2 tbsp water to make it more liquid
Calories: 358; Fat: 23g; Carbs: 27g; Protein; 13g;