Make these yummy breakfast quesadillas in no time because what better way to start your day than with making quesadillas. These quesadillas are classic bacon and eggs so are you ready to learn how to make these yummy breakfast quesadillas? Lets get started!
Yes we are making a breakfast quesadilla recipe and I can’t wait to share it. If you love your classic bacon and egg than boy this recipe is for you. Can you imagine them being wrapped in a crunchy tortilla? With a breakfast like this you can start your day running.
It is one of the easiest breakfast recipes you can come across. I think that quesadillas are one of the most populair recipes on the Tortilla Channel together with fajitas. So if you are looking for yummy quesadillas you are getting quesadillas.
These are made with home made tortillas. I used the Moroccan flatbread that contained some extra spices. They just add to the overall flavor of the dish so don’t be afraid to experiment. Look a little bit further down this post to see other tortilla recipes that you can use.
Breakfast quesadillas ingredients
To make bacon and eggs quesadillas you only need a couple of ingredients. I’m sure most of these ingredients will be either in your pantry, kitchen cabinet or fridge:
- Medium tortillas
- Streaky bacon
- Sun dried tomatoes
- Grated cheese optional
- Pam cooking spray
How do you make breakfast quesadillas
When making these quesadillas you need some prep work like finely slices of streaky bacon.Half the avocado and slice in thin strips.
Warm a skillet to medium heat and bake the streaky bacon crispy. You do not need any butter for this as there is enough fat in the bacon.
Whisk the eggs up and add some butter to the skillet. Pour the egg mix in the skillet and make some scrambled eggs. Take the scrambled eggs and set aside.
Clean your pan and spray som PAM cooking spray in the skillet. This is great substitute for oil and still get crunchy tortillas when you bake them in the skillet
Add the first tortilla in the skillet and put half of the bacon bits on the tortilla. If you like grated cheese sprinkle on top of the bacon. Then cover the bacon and cheese with half of the scrambled eggs. Cover the eggs with the second tortilla.
Now bake the tortilla for 2 to 3 minutes on medium heat so the cheese can melt. Then turn the quesadilla to bake the other side for another 2 to 3 minutes.
Take the quesadillas from the pan and insert slices of avocado en sun dried tomatoes. Cut the quesadillas into four pieces. Repeat the steps as described above for the remaining 2 tortillas and serve immediately.
Tortillas to use for breakfast quesadillas
Of course you can make this recipe with store bought tortillas or the Moroccan tortillas as used in this recipe. However there are a lot of delicious tortilla recipes on the Tortilla Channel that you use in this recipe like:
- Flour tortillas – the classic tortilla flatbread that fits tis recipe perfect. Make them yourself they taste so good
- Potato roti tortillas – the easiest potato roti tortillas made with only 2 ingredients. You will be surprised how tasty these are
- Sweet potato tortillas – sweet potato is also a great ingredient for making tortillas. Add the bacon and eggs and you have yourself a great breakfast recipe
- Garlic and herbs chickpea tortillas – want a more savory dish or eat breakfast for lunch or dinner. Make this recipe with garlic and herb tortillas
Make any of these tortillas ahead of time and put them in the freezer and you always have some tortilla waiting for you to turn them into a great dish.
See how you can make breakfast quesadillas
I have made breakfast quesadillas before. These quesadillas are also made in a skillet so watch the video to see how to make them:
Have fun with this yummy breakfast quesadillas recipe! Made a recipe tag @thetortillachannel on Instagram or PIN on Pinterest
These breakfast quesadillas are made with homemade tortillas and are done in no time. The classic bacon and egg in a surprising tortilla wrap.
- 4 medium tortillas
- 2-3 eggs
- 3 slices of streaky bacon
- ½ Avocado
- 8 Sun dried tomatoes
- ½ cup Grated cheese optional
- 1 tbsp butter
- Pam cooking spray
- Cut the streaky bacon in small pieces and bake them in a skillet
- Whisk the eggs and scramble with some butter set aside
- Spray cooking spray in skillet
- Add the first tortilla then divide half the bacon bits on the tortilla. If you like grated cheese sprinkle on top of the bacon
- Divide half of the scrambled eggs and put it on the bacon and cheese
- Bake for 2 to 3 minutes on medium heat and turn the quesadilla to bake the other side
- Take out of the pan and insert slices of avocado en sun dried tomatoes
- Serve immediately
Calories: 220; Fat: 15g; Carbs: 15g; Protein: 8g;