Carajillo can be considered a coffee cocktail with Licor 43 or brandy you get a typical Spanish coffee recipe. If you love coffee and cocktail you need to try this recipe.
Carajillo is so easy to make and requires a liquor that is sweet like Licor 43 or another brandy. Are you ready to learn how to make carajillo? Let’s get started!
Carajillo is one of those really old recipes that originate from way back when Cuba was still part of Spain.
It was made with rum and the soldiers in the army fighting the independence war drank it to give them courage.
The Spanish for courage was coraje that turned into corajillo and then turned into carajillo. You need a little bit of courage to drink this coffee cocktail.
Today we are sharing the Mexican carajillo, this version is made with Licor 43. Carajillo can also be made with liquors like:
Besides the various liquors you can also add:
I have made the recipe as basic as it comes.
To make this Spanish coffee recipe you need the following ingredients:
- Café solo – strong coffee
- Licor 43
- Ice cubes
How to make carajillo coffee
To make this coffee cocktail you can take a tumbler glass. Fill half the glass with ice and let the glass go cold.
Take 50 ml of Licor 43 and either pour it on top of the ice cubes. Make a very strong cup of hot café solo.
Serve the glass of Licor 43 alongside the espresso and pour it in the tumbler glass. At first you will see a separation between the Licor 43 and the coffee.
Stir the café solo through the Licor 43. The coffee will go cold almost instantly. Enjoy this semi sweet cocktail.
If you love sweet coffee first add some sugar to the café solo so it can resolve and then add it to the tumbler glass.
What to eat with carajillo
You can drink this cocktail on its own but it tastes even better with a great dessert. This cocktail is a real after-dinner drink to accompany your dessert.
Try and drink this cocktail with:
Other coffee drink recipe
If you love coffee then I’m certain you will love these coffee recipes as well:
- Dulce de leche coffee – this is the perfect coffee made with dulce de leche. This condensed milk is cooked until you get a solid caramel. Drink with strong coffee and whipped cream
- Vegan latte macchiato coffee – if you are vegan or lactose intolerant you can still drink a delicious coffee. This recipe will show you how. Also delicious if you can drink milk
- Popcorn caramel coffee – also made with dulce de leche and popcorn. Yes, coffee with popcorn. Try it you will love it.
Have fun trying this carajillo cocktail recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Sharing an authentic Mexican coffee recipe. This carajillo is made with sweet Licor 43. Want to try a different type of coffee cocktail try this recipe.
- Strong coffee
- 50 ml Licor 43
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Fill a tumbler glass with ice cubes and let the glass go cold
- Add 50 ml of Licor 43 and pour on top of the ice cubes
- Make a very strong cup of hot café solo
- Pour the café solo on top of the Licor 43
Calorie: 116g; Fat: 0g; Carbs: 0g; Protein: 0g;