Pizza bread with a pizza dip is a great recipe when you have guests and want to serve something different. It is a combination of a garlic bread recipe, pizza bread and a pizza dip all in a cast iron skillet. So surprise your guests or family with this tasty pizza. Ready to learn how you make the best mozzarella skillet pizza dip? Lets get started!
Cast iron skillets are so great to cook with as this recipe shows. As a cast iron get really hot it is perfect for baking pizza. Instead of using a pizza stone just take out your skillet and you have a great substitute.
This pizza bread with a pizza dip is easy to make, appetizing and colorful when you serve it in the skillet.
Put it on the table so everybody can dig in and take a piece of pull apart pizza bread with the tomato mozzarella cheese dip.
Make this recipe with ready made pizza dough and have it done in no time. Of course you can also make a pizza dough by hand if you have more time.
Pizza bread dip ingredients
In order to make a cast iron mozzarella pizza bread dip you need the following ingredients:
- Pizza dough (refrigerated pizza dough or homemade)
- Pizza seasoning
- Can of tomatoes or fresh tomatoes
- Salami romana spinata
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Shredded cheese
How to make pizza bread dip
For this recipe either use refrigerated pizza dough or make some no knead pizza dough. In that case add at least 19 hours to this recipe.
Start by unfold the pizza dough. It is a square and put the dough on a cutting board. Melt the butter, add Italian seasoning or make some yourself with oregano, basel, salt and pepper and 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
Stir the butter mix and brush the dough with the garlic butter. Save some of the butter mix to brush the pizza rolls.
Sprinkle about 2 table spoons of shredded hard cheese on the pizza dough. I like old cheese that is what I use but soft young grated cheese will work just fine as well.
Roll the pizza dough (long side) and cut the dough in about 10-12 pieces and shape into golf ball sized rolls. Put the rolls around the perimeter of a cast iron skillet. Brush the rolls with the butter mix.
Combine the tomatoes, onion, remaining garlic, salami, oregano, basil, parsley into a bowl and stir. Season with salt and pepper. Put the tomato mix in the middle of the cast iron skillet.
Sprinkle the mozzarella on top of the tomatoes followed by the grated hard cheese. Now preheat the oven to 400℉/200℃. Brush the bread rolls with the remaining garlic butter.
Put in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the pizza bread rolls are nice and brown and the cheese is bubbling. Serve your pizza bread ring immediately.
Cast iron Pizza dip options
Want a different type of pizza dip? The options are endless. Try:
- Shrimp – instead of salami you can add some shrimp to the tomato mix.
- Ham or salami – Instead of using the salami in the tomato mix you can also use ham or salami on the pizza dough before you roll it into buns. Every bun then will have cheese and ham/salami.
- Tomato – Besides brushing the dough with the seasoned butter mix you can add some cherry tomatoes or tomato sauce so you will have a little pizza bun.
- Spinach – combine the tomato mix with spinach and add a tablespoon of cream to the spinach.
See how to make pizza bread dip
Want to see how you can make pizza bread with a mozzarella pizza dip? Watch the instruction video below:
Have fun with this cast iron mozzarella pizza dip recipe! Made a recipe tag @thetortillachannel on Instagram or PIN it on Pinterest.
Looking for the best pizza bread with mozzarella pizza dip? It is super easy. Great to serve when you have guests and want to surprise them.
- Pizza rolls:
- refrigerated pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp minced garlic (= 1 clove of garlic)
- Mozzarella cheese dip:
- 3 tsp minced garlic cloves (= 2-3 cloves of garlic)
- 1 diced onion
- 1 can of drained chopped tomatoes or 1 cup of fresh chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 4 sliced of salami romana spinata finely chopped
- ½ cup shredded hard mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup cheese , shredded
- Preheat oven to 400℉/200℃
- Unfold the pizza dough (roll into a square)
- Melt the butter, add the Italian seasoning and 1 tbsp of minced garlic and stir
- Brush the dough with garlic butter. Save some butter mix the brush the dough balls later on
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp of shredded hard cheese on dough
- Roll the pizza dough and cut pizza dough in about 10-12 pieces and shape into golf ball sized rolls
- Put the rolls around the perimeter of a cast iron skillet. Brush with the remaining butter mix
- Combine the tomatoes, garlic, salami, oregano, basil, parsley into a bowl and stir. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the tomato mix in the middle of the cast iron skillet
- Sprinkle the mozzarella on top of the tomatoes followed by the hard grated cheese
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until the pizza rolls are nice and brown and cheese is bubbling
- Serve immediately
Note: You can substitute salami romana spinata with regular salami. Cut into small pieces before adding it to the tomato mix.
Calories: 274; Fat: 16.7g; Carbs: 22.8g; Protein: 8.4g;