Chicken lettuce wraps are tasty wraps. They fit perfectly in a keto or low carb diet. These wraps are gluten free but loved by every one.
You do not need a regular tortilla for a delicious wrap recipe. This recipe shows you that all you need is some lettuce and great marinade chicken. Are you ready to learn how to make chicken lettuce wraps? Lets get started!
Just a couple of weeks ago I showed you the ultra simple Mexican chicken marinade that you can use in a lot of recipes.
Well this lettuce wrap is another great recipe for your marinade chicken. You can mix it up and use turkey instead or make it with some ground chicken.
This recipe fits just about any lifestyle:
- Keto/low carb – is a perfect fit of this chicken lettuce wrap
- Gluten free – if you need to eat gluten free you can eat this recipe without any hesitation
- Low calorie – want to eat low calorie this is your recipe
- High protein – eat chicken or turkey and you are guaranteed a high protein meal
Chicken lettuce wrap ingredients
For this recipe you need the following ingredients to create great this simple lettuce wrap. Have the following ingredients available:
- Ground turkey or Mexican chicken marinade
- Small white onion
- Small red onion
- Red and yellow bell pepper
- Chili pepper
- Olive oil
- Pico de gallo
- Taco seasoning
How to make chicken lettuce wraps
Start with the chicken marinade or some ground turkey. Ideally you have made some chicken marinade in advance. If not make your chicken marinade now or brown your ground turkey.
Now add the finely slice your the red onions. Add two tablespoons of taco seasoning to the chicken meat. Stir to combine all the ingredients.
Then add some water and let the chicken sauté for about 7-10 minutes so the seasoning can be absorbed by the chicken. Take of the heat and set aside.
Heat a skillet and add olive oil to the pan. Sauté the bell peppers and onions until they are soft and translucent.
I use pico de gallo in this recipe which is really easy to make. While browning your meat or sautéing your vegetables you can make this pico de gallo.
Take the pan with bell peppers of the heat. Now it is time to assemble your lettuce wraps. Take a leaf of iceberg lettuce. Take a couple of tablespoons chicken marinade or ground chicken.
Then add some sautéed bell peppers on the chicken. Decorate your lettuce wrap with tangy pico de gallo and your chicken lettuce wrap is ready to serve.
Eat these lettuce wrap with
You can eat your chicken lettuce wrap solo especially if you are gluten free or keto. But if you are not you can serve the following side dishes:
- Mexican rice – only if you are non gluten free or non keto. Great spicy Mexican rice is a great side dish
- Keto fried rice – this side dish fits a gluten free and keto diet. Easy to make and tasty with your chicken lettuce wrap
- Cauliflower tortillas – if you do not want to eat a lettuce wrap a cauliflower tortilla is a great substitute
- Mexican street fries – another great side dish with your wrap
I hope you enjoyed this recipe as much as I do. Have fun making this chicken lettuce wrap! Made a recipe please tag @thetortillachannel on INSTAGRAM, PIN on PINTEREST and like us on FACEBOOK for more information and update.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
These chicken lettuce wraps fit perfectly in a keto/low carb diet or when you need to eat gluten free. Simple, easy and fast recipe. Try it!
- 300 gram ground turkey or chicken marinade
- 1 small onion
- 1 small red onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- Pico de gallo
- 2 tbsp Taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- Make your chicken marinade or brown your ground turkey.
- Now add the finely slice your the red onions. Then add two tablespoons of taco seasoning to the chicken meat. Stir to combine all the ingredients
- Then add some water and let the chicken sauté for about 7-10 minutes so the seasoning can be absorbed by the chicken. Take of the heat and set aside
- Heat a skillet and add olive oil to the pan. Sauté the bell peppers and onions until they are soft and translucent. Take the pan with bell peppers of the heat
- Take a leaf of iceberg lettuce. Then add a couple of tablespoons chicken marinade or ground chicken. Then add some sautéed bell peppers on the chicken
- Decorate your lettuce wrap with tangy pico de gallo and your chicken lettuce wrap is ready to serve
Calories: 173; Fat: 6g; Carbs: 5g; Protein: 23g