It is time for another wrap and today we are making a chicken salad wrap. A great lunch recipe
What I love most about wraps recipes is they are so easy to make. This another great example of a delicious wrap. Ready to learn how to make chicken salad wraps? Let’s get started!
If you do not store shredded chicken in your freezer you absolutely should. Shredded chicken is definitely your best friend.
Thaw and you have the best main ingredient that you can use for:
This recipe is the perfect combination of a salad and a wrap. But this chicken salad is so good you can eat it all by itself.
You can use leftover chicken, a rotisserie chicken or shred a chicken breast. You can choose whatever you like.
If you shred the chicken from scratch add another 20 minutes to the recipe. Boil a pan with chicken broth and add the chicken breast to the pan.
Simmer for 20 minutes and shred the chicken. You can use it straight away or put it in the freezer.
Chicken salad wrap ingredients
If you want to make a chicken salad and put it on a wrap you need a number of ingredients. Put the following ingredients:
- Flour tortillas
- Shredded chicken
- Iceberg lettuce
- Roma tomatoes
- Homemade ranch seasoning
- Lemon juice (optional)
How to make chicken salad wraps
Now to show you how you can create this easy lunch recipe or fast dinner take the following steps. Start with the lettuce.
Take 2 or 3 leaves of iceberg lettuce and wash with cold water. Take a sharp knife and finely slice the lettuce. Put in a bowl and set aside.
Take a small bowl and add the mayonnaise, mustard and ranch seasoning. Stir properly to completely combine the ingredients. Put aside as well.
Wash the Roma tomatoes, cut in half and then cut the halved tomatoes in small strips. Then cut the avocado in half and then dice the avocado.
Then put the lettuce in a big bowl and add the tomatoes and avocado on the iceberg lettuce and stir it through.
Now it is time to add the ranch dressing to the pulled chicken and stir it through the chicken to be certain all the chicken is covered with the dressing.
The last step is to stir the coated chicken through the lettuce and cover all the lettuce with the chicken. Now take a tortilla.
Take 2 or 3 tablespoons of chicken salad and then roll up and cut in half. You can also fold it burrito style and cut in half.
Repeat for the other wrap and you are ready to serve.
As tortillas are one of the main ingredients in this recipe there are a lot of questions:
Can you store wraps in the refrigerator?
Yes, you can store tortilla wraps in the fridge. Just make sure they are covered or wrapped in foil or a container.
Else the wraps will dry out in the fridge and that is not what you want for your wraps.
How long do wraps last in the fridge?
If you made homemade tortillas you can keep them in the fridge in a zipped lock bag or airtight container and keep them for 4-5 days.
Can you freeze tortilla wraps?
Absolutely you can freeze your tortilla wraps. Put them in a freezer friendly bag. You can put parchment paper in between your tortillas.
This way you can easily separate them when you want to take them out of the freezer.
How do you keep tortillas fresh?
The same way as storing wraps in the fridge cover them or put them in an airtight container.
Can you freeze chicken salad wraps?
As long as you do not include the iceberg lettuce in the salad. Then you can put them on the tortillas, wrap in tin foil and put in the freezer.
Serve chicken salad wraps with
There are a lot of great side dishes you can serve with a chicken salad wrap like:
- Chicken salad – yes just make more chicken salad and serve it with this wrap. You will have a great meal.
- Spicy Mexican rice – this red hot rice is a great side dish to serve with these wraps. Want to see how it is done this recipe includes a video.
- Street fries – these oven-baked fries taste amazing with just about anything
- Mexican potatoes – more oven-baked potatoes that are great with wraps. Another super easy recipe with a step by step recipe video.
Other salad recipes
If you love salads then you came the right place because we have a lot of salad recipes that you can easily turn into a wrap.
Take a look at the recipes below:
I hope you love this chicken salad wrap recipe as much as I do!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Looking for the easiest chicken salad recipe take a look a this recipe. Because you can easily turn it into the most delicious chicken salad wrap ever!
- 2 tortillas
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce
- ½ small avocado, diced
- 2-3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon ranch seasoning
- Wash 2 or 3 leaves of iceberg lettuce and finely slice the lettuce. Put in a bowl and set aside
- Put the mayonnaise, mustard and ranch seasoning in a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside as well
- Wash the Roma tomatoes and cut into thin strips. Then half the avocado and then dice it
- Now put the lettuce in a big bowl and add the tomatoes and avocado on the iceberg lettuce and stir it through
- Then add the ranch dressing to the pulled chicken and stir it through the chicken to be certain all the chicken is covered with the dressing
- Add the coated chicken to the lettuce and stir to cover all the lettuce with the chicken.
- Take a tortilla and add 2 or 3 tablespoons of chicken salad. Roll up the tortilla and cut in half. Repeat for the other wrap and you are ready to serve
Calories: 365; Fat: 18.4g; Carbs: 27g; Protein: 25g;