How to make a chicken wrap is really easy. Especially if you are using this Mexican chicken because you get a super tasty wrap that you can eat for lunch, brunch or dinner!
You only need a limited number of ingredients and you can dress up your wrap any way you like. So are you ready to learn how to make a chicken wrap? Lets get started!
It is not a surprise how much we love tortillas here at the Tortilla Channels. Wraps are one of the most versatile ingredients and can be a meal all on its own.
When we have shared so many great recipes it is only natural to combine a couple of them and turn them in a new favorite.
That is why we like to share with you how to make a chicken wrap. This Mexican chicken marinade is one of my favorite chicken recipes.
To add them to a wrap will result in one of the most delicious Mexican chicken wraps. This recipe is really a suggestion how you can create your own favorite wrap.
Add the ingredients you love. Wrap up your tortilla and warp it in the oven or eat them cold. Mexican in wrap can be eaten cold and still taste delicious.
Chicken wrap ingredients
To make this Mexican wrap recipe you need the following ingredients. When you make an extra batch of Mexican chicken and store it in the freezer thaw and it is ready for use.
Make sure you have the following chicken wrap ingredients on hand:
- Mexican chicken marinade
- Iceberg lettuce
- Red bell pepper
- Yellow bell pepper
- Red onion
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Ranch seasoning
- Sour cream
How to make a chicken wrap
Make a lunch wrap
If you like to eat this recipe as a lunch wrap you can use all the ingredients cold. You have to make the Mexican chicken marinade but you can also use left over rotisserie chicken or shredded chicken.
Slice the bell peppers in thin slices as well as red onion and white onion. Finely chop the iceberg lettuce. Grate the parmesan cheese.
Now take a tortilla and decorate with the finely sliced iceberg lettuce. Sprinkle the thin sliced bell peppers on top as well as the onions.
Then add your cold chicken and decorate your wrap with grated parmesan cheese. You can either roll up your tortilla burrito style you can take for lunch or fold it when you want to eat it straight away.
If you like a sauce with your chicken wrap take 2 tablespoons of sour cream and add 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning. Stir thoroughly so the sour cream is properly seasoned.
Drizzle the sauce on the chicken or dip the wrap in your sauce. Whatever you like best. The sauce is totally optional.
Make a dinner wrap
If you like to eat this chicken wrap as a dinner wrap you following the lunch wrap instruction but finalise but heating the wraps.
Preheat your oven to 400℉/200℃. You can roll the chicken wrap in some aluminium foil or you can fold the wrap and then cover with some aluminium foil.
Heat the Mexican chicken wrap for at least 10 minutes and your dinner is ready. Serve the sauce as a side dish. Do not sprinkle it on the chicken before you put it in the oven.
Serve Mexican chicken wrap with
When you eat this chicken wrap solo when you eat it for lunch. If you serve it for dinner you can eat it with:
- Mexican potatoes – Mexican potatoes are a great side dish to eat with your chicken wrap
- Tex mex rice – this spicy rice is a nice dish to eat with your dinner wrap
- Mexican street fries – a wrap with fries is a great combination. Bake together in the oven to save energy.
Have fun with this how to make a chicken wrap recipe! Made a recipe tag @thetortillachannel on Instagram or PIN on Pinterest.
How to make a chicken wrap is so easy. Today we show you how you make this Mexican chicken wrap and eat it as a lunch wrap or a dinner wrap. It's up to you.
- 200 gram Mexican chicken marinade
- 2 flour tortillas
- 1 cup Iceberg lettuce
- ½ white onion
- ½ red onion
- ¼ red bell pepper sliced
- ¼ yellow bell pepper sliced
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning
- Prepare the Mexican chicken as described in the Mexican chicken marinade recipe
- Slice the bell peppers, red and white in thin slices. Finely chop the iceberg lettuce. Grate the parmesan cheese
- Take a tortilla and decorate with the finely sliced iceberg lettuce. Sprinkle the thin sliced bell peppers and onions on top of the iceberg lettuce
- Add your cold chicken and decorate your wrap with grated parmesan cheese
- Optional - If you like a sauce take 2 tablespoons of sour cream and add 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning
- Stir thoroughly so the sour cream is properly seasoned. Drizzle the sauce on the chicken or dip the wrap in your sauce
- Roll up your tortilla burrito style you can take for lunch or fold it when you want to eat it straight away
Want to eat this chicken wrap for dinner. Heat the oven to 400℉/200℃ and wrap your chicken wrap with aluminium foil. Heat for 10 minutes in the oven and serve.
Calories: 263; Fat: 5g; Carbs: 16g; Protein: 33g;