What do you eat with the best chimichurri sauce? A good grilled chimichurri steak. Let it rest and brush the steak with the sauce. So delicious!
Grill your steak for that smokey taste and give your steak an extra dimension. Season with only some salt and pepper and you seriously are done. Are you ready to learn how you can make this easy chimichurri steak? Lets get started!
There are a lot of ways for you to grill a steak. A skillet is the easiest way but to be honest I love the way a steak tastes when cooked on my cast iron grill.
I found my grill it a while back. It has two sides so you can grill your steak on both sides. With a cast iron grill you get that characteristic grill taste.
Was is also a bonus is that this recipe fits perfectly in a low carb or keto diet.
If you grill you steak here some tips to get the best result:
- When grilling a steak make certain your steak is not to cold. Let you steak get to room temperature
- Heat your cast iron grill to medium hot. Your steak should sear fast
- Never rub oil on your grill this will only result in a lot of smoke. Rub your steak with oil instead
- When you put the steak on the grill resist the urge to move the steak. This is the hard part I know for some reason it is so tempting to start picking at the steak
- Final tip when the steak is done wrap it in aluminium foil and let it rest for about 5-7 minutes to let the meat relax. It will do wonders for your meat
Chimichurri steak ingredients
To make this steak chimichurri recipe you need less than 5 ingredients. Yes it is that easy to make but this on you grocery list:
- Quality steak
- Olive oil
- Chimichurri sauce
How to make steak chimichurri
To make this recipe you first start with making the chimichurri and put it in the fridge to let the sauce cool.
Take the steaks out of the fridge and let them get to room temperature. The brush your steaks with olive oil on both sides.
Heat a cast iron skillet or cast iron grill to medium-high heat. Grill for at leat 2-3 minutes or longer depending on if you want it medium rare, to 4-5 minutes for well done.
Resist the urge to move the steak but let it grill for at least 2 minutes. It will release and get you nice striping on your steak.
Turn the steaks and grill the other sides to your preferred readiness. Take the steaks of the grill and wrap in aluminum foil. Now let the steaks rest for 5 minutes.
Cut the steak in thin slices and put 2 to 3 tablespoons of chimichurri sauce on top.
Guide to cook the perfect steak
I always learned that you can test how well done your steak is using your hand. Take a look below:
- Rare – to determine if your steak is rare take your hand face up and press with your right thumb on below your left thumb.
- Medium – press your thumb on the right side of the palm. Your steak will feel slightly firmer and is then the equivalent of medium
- Well done – press below your fingers. This feels very firm and this is the same as your steak is well done
To grill your steak to perfection follow the following guidelines and cooking time:
- Medium rare is cook the steaks for 2-3 minutes on each side for medium-rare
- Medium is cook the steaks for 3-4 minutes on each side
- Well done is cook the steaks for 4-5 minutes on each side for well done
If your steaks are 2 inch than you need to add at least 1-2 minutes.
Other steak recipes
If you love steak you have to take a look at these tasty steak recipes:
- Steak fajitas – grilled to perfection served with homemade fajitas tortilla you will definitely impress with this recipe
- Easy and fast steak bites – the right seasoning no marinating time and a short cooking time results in these fast and easy steak bites
- Mexican steak tacos – looking for the best steak tacos? Then this is your recipe because it is made with juicy steak bites and yummy tortillas
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Looking for the best steak chimichurri? Take a look at this easy recipe and learn how to grill steak to perfection and complement with chimichurri sauce
- 2 steaks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chimichurri sauce
- Make the chimichurri sauce as described in the recipe
- First brush the steaks with olive oil. Heat a cast iron skillet or cast iron grill to medium-high heat
- Cook for at leat 2-3 minutes or longer depending on if you want it medium rare, to 4-5 minutes for well done
- Take the steaks of the grill and wrap in aluminum foil. Let the steaks rest for 5 minutes
- Cut the steak in thin slices and put 2 to 3 tablespoons of chimichurri on top
Medium rare is cook the steaks for 2-3 minutes on each side for medium-rare Medium is cook the steaks for 3-4 minutes on each side Well done is cook the steaks for 4-5 minutes on each side for well done If your sticks are 2 inch than you need to add at least 1-2 minutes
Calories: 329; Fat: 27g; Carbs: 0.5g; Protein: 22g;