Why this is the best so keep your hands off my chocolate banana bread. The only answer is this is the best banana bread recipe ever. Make it and you will see it is moist, tender and delicious with the best chocolate around. Want to learn how you can make the best chocolate banana bread? Lets get started!
This chocolate and this recipe is a real treat, a treat just for you. We do not treat always ourselves the best as we do not put ourselves first very often.
There a million nationals days like national taco day, enchilada day, tequila day or even take your dog to work day. But there is no national you day.
Well in the Netherlands the national you day had its first edition on the 1st of October this year made possible by Hands off my chocolate. Because they think everyone needs a day that is all about putting you first and treat yourself right.
I totally agree we need at least one day when we put ourselves first. Well this recipe is all about you and a treat to you.
Hands off my chocolate is a great name for great chocolate. If you can get your hands on a bar do not hesitate to get it and do not share. It is just to good to be shared.
The gimmick of the chocolate brand is all about how good this chocolate is and I have to agree. Even if you want to share it you just can’t. You want to eat it all yourself. They have some amazing flavors like:
- Red velvet white chocolate
- Crispy cookie caramel sea salt
- Seriously dark
- Milk meets dark
- Yummy vanilla cookie dough
- Caramel Machiatto
- Milk meets white
- Hazelnut sea salt & cacao nibs
Some pretty fancy flavors for this chocolate bars. Well the slogan also applies to this banana bread. Make it, eat it and do not share it. Not under any circumstance because it is moist and tender and a little sticky and so delicious.
If you tried this recipe once you will want to eat it everyday. You can add some additional ingredient to keep it new every time but I am confident you will love this bread every time.
If you can’t find the Hands off my chocolate bars use a good quality chocolate bar because you can really taste the difference.
I used a round baking form but you can use a regular bread pan for this. In a round pan it almost looks like a cake. This easy banana bread recipe requires you to mix dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately before combining it into a bread.
Chocolate banana bread ingredients
If you want to make this moist banana bread recipe you need quite a number of ingredients. Fortunately we have summed them up for you in the list below:
- Spelt flour
- Dutch cocoa
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Sea salt
- Apple sauce
- Coconut oil
- Egg (if you a non vegan)
- Aqua faba (if you are vegan take from a can of chickpea)
- Vanilla extract
- Hands off my chocolate hazelnut sea salt & cacao nibs bar
- Cacao nibs
How to make chocolate banana bread
Start with two bowl as you need to mix we and dry ingredients separately. First combine the dry ingredients. Add the spelt flour, cacao powder, baking powder, baking soda, stevia, chocolate nibs and sea salt in the bowl and stir it through until all is evenly combined.
Cut half of the hands off my chocolate hazelnut sea salt bar into small pieces. Stir the chopped chocolate through the dry ingredients. Set aside.
For the wet ingredients mash the banana until a banana sauce with a fork. Warm the coconut oil until liquid and let it cool until luke warm. Then add the apple sauce to the mashed banana, the vanilla extract and the egg or aqua faba and stir through thoroughly. Then stir the coconut oil through the wet ingredients.
Pre heat the oven to 350°F/175. Spray cooking spray in a round 8 inch baking pan or a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan and set aside.
Stir the wet ingredients through the dry ingredients. Be careful to not overmix. Pour the batter into baking pan. Cut two more pieces of chocolate into small pieces and sprinkle on top of the batter.
Bake for 50 minutes or until a bamboo skewer comes out mostly clean. Check multiple times to make sure the bread is dry. If to wet extend the cooking time for another 5 minutes and check again.
Remove the baking pan from the oven and let it cool for 10 to 15 minutes on a wire cooling rack. Carefully remove the bread from the pan. Let the bread cool until luke warm before you cut the bread in wedge or slices and serve.
Gluten free chocolate banana bread options
If you are gluten intolerant no need to worry this recipe can be adjusted to accommodate gluten free banana bread. You need to choose a flour that can be eaten when gluten intolerant. E.g. you can use the following flours:
- Oats flour – This can easily be made by yourself. Buy some whole oats and put them in a kitchen machine. Run until you have oats flour. If you want you can sieve the flour but I use it straight from the kitchen machine.
- Rice flour – A great substitute for regular or spelt flour is (brown) rice flour. This is a very fine flour that works great in breads and cake as you can see in this carrot cake recipe.
Banana bread options
This banana bread can be customized with many ingredients. Give these a try:
- Pecan nuts – instead of hazelnuts use pecan nuts. Chop the fine and mix in the batter
- Walnuts – you can also use walnuts in this banana bread. Chop the fine and mix in the batter
- Chocolate chip – instead of chocolate nibs you can use your favorite chocolate chip
- Raisins – instead of nuts you can add raisins in your banana bread to give it a sweeter taste
- No chocolate – Take the chocolate powder out of this recipe and get regular banana bread
- Cinnamon – is a great spice to add to this bread
- Pumpkin pie spice – make this bread in the fall and add some pumpkin pie spice to give your bread a warm flavor
Store chocolate banana bread
There are a number of ways to store this chocolate banana bread:
- As there are no additives in this recipe so do not keep this bread outside of the fridge
- You can store this in the fridge for 2 to 3 days. Make sure you cover the bread in a plastic container, zip loc bag or wrapped in aluminium foil
- Store it in the freeze and thaw when you want to eat it.
Have fun with this chocolate banana bread recipe! Made a recipe tag @thetortillachannel on Instagram or PIN on Pinterest.
A treat for you. Chocolate banana bread recipe with great chocolate, hazelnut chocolate, hazelnuts and chocolate nibs. Legendary chocolate banana bread.
- 1 cup spelt flour
- ½ cup Dutch cocoa
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tsp stevia
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 bananas
- ¼ cup apple sauce
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 large egg (if not vegan)
- 3 tbsp aqua faba (when vegan)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Hands of my chocolate Hazelnut sea salt & cacao nibs chocolate
- ¼ cup finely chopped hazelnuts (optional)
- ¼ cup cacao nibs (optional)
Combine the dry ingredients the spelt flour, cacao powder, baking powder, baking soda, stevia, chocolate nibs and sea salt in the bowl and stir it through until all is evenly combined
Cut half of the chocolate bar into small pieces. Stir the chopped chocolate through the dry ingredients
Warm the coconut oil until liquid
Mash the banana with a fork. Add the apple sauce to the mashed banana, the vanilla extract and the egg or aqua faba and stir through thoroughly. Then stir the coconut oil through the wet ingredients
Pre heat the oven to 350°F/175℃. Spray cooking spray in a round 8 inch baking pan or a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan
Stir the wet ingredients through the wet ingredients. Do not overmix. Pour the batter into baking pan
Sprinkle more chopped chocolate bar on top of the batter
Bake for 50 minutes or until a bamboo skewer comes out mostly clean
Remove the baking pan from the oven and let it cool for 10 to 15 minutes on a wire cooling rack
Cut the bread in wedge or slices and serve
Check multiple times to make sure the bread is dry when cooking time is done. If to wet extend the cooking time for another 5 minutes and check again
Calories: 174; Fat: 9.3g; Carbs: 23g; Protein: 4.3g;