The best chocolate chia pudding you will love. This basic recipe is so easy to make.
This could be your go-to recipe for dessert or even breakfast. Ready to learn how you can make the best chocolate chia pudding recipe? Let’s get started!
If you do not like off the shelf pudding or looking for a vegan pudding than this is your recipe.
It is also naturally sweetened and sugar-free so if you are on a sugar-free diet you can eat this as well.
The main ingredient is chia seeds. A neutral tasting seed that when it comes into contact with liquid it increases in size.
That is why you need some time after you put this recipe together. To keep it dairy-free you will be making pudding with almond milk and turn it into, overnight chia pudding.
Chocolate chia pudding ingredients
To make this overnight chocolate chia pudding recipe you need the following ingredients:
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Chia seeds
- Cacao powder
- Fruit to decorate
How to make chocolate chia pudding
You can make chocolate chia pudding with or without a bender. As I am using dates as the natural sweetener and I want to distribute the flavor of the almonds evenly I used a blender.
However, you can decide to not blend the pudding at all. It only requires a few steps to make this basic chia pudding recipe.
Start by slicing the dates into small pieces. Put the unsweetened almond milk in the blender and add the diced dates.
When combined add the cacao powder and let the blender whisk.
Now it is time to add the chia seeds, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk the ingredients on low speed for about 1 minute.
The ingredients will become slightly thick. Pour the chocolate chia pudding in glasses and cover with cling film.
Put in the fridge to set overnight. Decorate with a tablespoon of quark, slices of banana, fresh raspberries or blueberries.
If you do not want to blend either chop the dates up finely or buy some date powder to substitute the dates. Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
Pour in a glass cover with cling film and let it sit overnight. You will see how the chia seeds absorb the liquid from the almond when you do not use your blender.
Fruit options to decorate your chia pudding
Fruit makes the flavors come out of this basic chia pudding even more. Take a look which fruits you can use in this recipe:
- Banana – everything tastes better with banana so slice up a banana and put on top of you pudding
- Raspberries – this red summer fruit goes great with chocolate so you can’t miss if you use raspberries
- Apple pie filling – if you have apple pie filling in the fridge you will love it with this chia pudding.
- Oranges – another fruit that goes great with chocolate are orange or mandarins. So either in same slices or add some of the juice when mixing the pudding.
See how you can make chocolate chia pudding
Want to see how you can make chocolate chia pudding? Watch the instruction video below:
Have fun making your own version of this chocolate chia pudding recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
The best chocolate chia pudding you will love. This basic recipe is so easy to make this could be your go to recipe for dessert or even breakfast.
- 1½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- ⅓ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 6-8 dates chopped and pitted
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- Pinch of salt
- Optional banana, raspberries or blue berries
- Pit and chop the dates
- Pour the almond milk and dates in the blender and whisk for about 30 seconds
- Add the cacao powder and whisk a couple of times to combine it with the milk
- Then add the chia seeds, cinnamon powder and salt
- Now blend for 1 to 2 minutes. The mixture will get thick
- Pour into glasses, cover with cling film and put in the fridge overnight
- Decorate with banana, raspberries or blue berries
Calories: 327; Fat: 20.4g; Carbs: 41.3g; Protein: 12.8g;