I have created a new favorite recipe that fits perfectly in my new Mireille’s favorite series. As with the protein banana muffins, this is a sweets recipe. It contains a lot of tropical fruit and a nutty crust. If you read my smoothie post yesterday you know how many health benefits these tropical fruits have so what better idea than putting them in a pie/cake recipe. So are you ready to learn how you can make this chocolate fruit pecan pie? Lets get started!
If you ask me savory or sweet I will always answer savory. I can easily say no to cake, candy and other sweet things like dessert. But ever since I started some serious weight training again, almost two years ago I like to eat something mid morning. I like to eat something sweet. So that is when I started making recipes like banana or chia muffins with additional protein.
This chocolate fruit pecan pie has a little of every thing something crunchy with the pecan and hazelnut mix. Something sweet with the agave syrup and cacao. Lots of fruit with mango, banana, apple sauce and dates.
Making this pie takes two layers that turns into the best chocolate fruit pecan pie. I tell you when you taste this pie you want more, more, more.
Store it in the fridge or put it in the freezer so you can enjoy it when you want. This recipe only requires 10 ingredients and a hot oven. Doesn’t contain any butter, eggs or sugar only natural ingredients.
Other easy baking recipes
If you like to bake then check out these other easy baking recipes as well:
- Sweet organic apple pie galette
- Delicious carrot cake
- Mango Nutty Nutella pie galette
- Sweet pull apart chocolate and nuts bread
How to make chocolate fruit pecan pie
Want to know how you can make chocolate fruit pecan pie? Watch the 1-minute foot inspiration video:
I hope you enjoyed this chocolate fruit pecan pie. Made a recipe tag @thetortillachannel on Instagram.
Disclaimer: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links for which I earn a small commission if you purchase through those links at no extra cost to you. All the products listed are products I use myself or are from companies I highly recommend. Thank you for supporting The Tortilla Channel!
Another one of my favorite recipes chocolate fruit pecan pie. The best of all worlds so no butter, eggs or sugar only natural sweets. Lets get started!
- 1 cup of oat flour
- 1 cup of apple sauce
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 mango
- 2 banana
- 4 tbsp of cacao
- 6-8 dates
- 1½ cup of pecan and hazelnut mix
- 4 tbsp of Agave syrup
- optional icing sugar
- Pre heat the oven at 375 ℉
- Put the nut mix in a kitchen machine and blend finely
- Put into a bowl
- Add 4 tbsp of Agave syrup and mix through the nut mix
- Put the nut mixture in a spring form and press the crust tight
- Put all of the fruit (mango,banana, apple sauce, dates) in a blender and blend into a smooth mixture
- Divide the fruit mixture in half (e.g. in two bowls)
- Add the oat flour, baking powder, baking soda and cacao to the first half of fruit mixture and stir through thoroughly
- Put this cacao, oat flour mixture on top of the pecan hazelnut crust
- Add the remaining fruit mixture on top of the cacao flour mixture
- Bake the pecan pie about 40 to 45 minutes
- Let it cool slightly. Top with some icing sugar and serve.
Calories: 282; Fat: 13.3g; Carbs: 41.7g; Protein: 7.6g;