This pie is special chocolate fruit pecan pie. Naturally sweetened with lots of different fruit. Vegan as it contains no butter, no eggs or dairy and also gluten free due to the oat meal flour.
A great pecan pie recipe to make on the weekend and surprise your family and friends. It contains a lot of tropical fruit and a nutty crust. If you read my smoothie post you know how many health benefits these tropical fruits have so what better idea than putting them in a pie/cake recipe. So are you ready to learn how you can make this chocolate fruit pecan pie? Lets get started!
If you ask me savory or sweet I will always answer savory. I can easily say no to cake, candy and other sweet things like dessert.
But ever since I started some serious weight training again, almost two years ago I like to eat something mid morning. Preferably something sweet.
So that is when I started making recipes like banana or chia muffins with additional protein. This chocolate fruit pecan pie has a little of every thing something crunchy with the pecan and hazelnut mix.
Something sweet with the agave syrup and cacao. Lots of fruit with mango, banana, apple sauce and dates. No butter and no eggs.
Naturally sweetened with all the fruit and also naturally gluten free due to the oat flour. Which is homemade from oats grounded in the kitchen machine and sift.
Pecan pie ingredients
This pecan pie recipe needs quite a bit of ingredients so make sure you have a list or use our app to get all the ingredients:
- Oat flour
- Apple sauce
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Pecan and hazelnut mix
- Agave syrup
How to make pecan pie
Making this pie takes two layers the crust and the fruit layer infused with cacao and oat meal flour. Start with pre heating the oven at 375 ℉.
Then put the nut mix consisting of the pecans and the hazelnuts in a kitchen machine. Turn the kitchen machine on and let it run until the nut mix has a fine consistency.
Put the chopped nut mix into a bowl. Then add agave syrup to the bowl and and mix it through the nut mix. Take the nut mixture and scoop it in a spring form.
Press it tight in the spring form so you get a compact crust. Now add all of the fruit:
- Apple sauce
to the blender and blend into a smooth mixture. Divide the fruit mixture in half (e.g. in two bowls).
Add the oat flour, baking powder, baking soda and cacao to the first half of fruit mixture and stir through thoroughly. Put this cacao, oat flour mixture on top of the pecan hazelnut crust.
Then add the remaining fruit mixture from the second bowl on top of the cacao flour mixture. Bake the pecan pie in the oven for about 40 to 45 minutes.
Let it cool slightly. Optionally sprinkle some icing sugar and serve.
Store the pecan pie
You can store this pie recipe in a number of ways:
- Store it in the fridge you can keep it for 2 to 3 days.
- Put it in the freezer for about 2 months so you can enjoy it when you want.
Other easy baking recipes
If you like to bake then check out these other easy baking recipes as well:
- Sweet organic apple pie galette
- Delicious carrot cake
- Mango Nutty Nutella pie galette
- Sweet pull apart chocolate and nuts bread
See how to make chocolate fruit pecan pie
Want to see how you can make chocolate fruit pecan pie at home? Follow along and watch the instruction video below:
I hope you enjoyed this pecan pie recipe! Made a recipe tag @thetortillachannel on Instagram or PIN on Pinterest.
Disclaimer: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links for which I earn a small commission if you purchase through those links at no extra cost to you. All the products listed are products I use myself or are from companies I highly recommend. Thank you for supporting The Tortilla Channel!
Another one of my favorite recipes chocolate fruit pecan pie. The best of all worlds so no butter, eggs or sugar only natural sweets. Lets get started!
- 1 cup of oat flour
- 1 cup of apple sauce
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 mango
- 2 banana
- 4 tbsp of cacao
- 6-8 dates
- 1½ cup of pecan and hazelnut mix
- 4 tbsp of Agave syrup
- optional icing sugar
- Pre heat the oven at 375 ℉
- Put the nut mix in a kitchen machine and blend finely
- Put into a bowl
- Add 4 tbsp of Agave syrup and mix through the nut mix
- Put the nut mixture in a spring form and press the crust tight
- Put all of the fruit (mango,banana, apple sauce, dates) in a blender and blend into a smooth mixture
- Divide the fruit mixture in half (e.g. in two bowls)
- Add the oat flour, baking powder, baking soda and cacao to the first half of fruit mixture and stir through thoroughly
- Put this cacao, oat flour mixture on top of the pecan hazelnut crust
- Add the remaining fruit mixture on top of the cacao flour mixture
- Bake the pecan pie about 40 to 45 minutes
- Let it cool slightly. Top with some icing sugar and serve.
Calories: 282; Fat: 13.3g; Carbs: 41.7g; Protein: 7.6g;