Cinnamon raisin bread the best way to start your day. Containing a secret ingredient that makes this bread special. It requires a handful of ingredients and a little patience. Cinnamon raisin bread like you never tasted before. Ready to learn how to make sweet cinnamon raisin bread? Lets get started!
This cinnamon raisin bread recipe is really easy and so delicious. It is perfect for breakfast or brunch but can also be eaten at e.g. Christmas morning.
Put it together and let the yeast and flour do the work. No kneading, no hard work, the best way to make bread.
We have a long tradition of sweet bread that we eat during holidays like Easter and Christmas but we also like to eat sweet currant buns that we call krentenbollen or raisin bread.
These buns and bread are available year round in bakery shops or supermarkets. This recipe contains almond paste as a secret ingredient to give it a little more sweetness that I’m sure you will love.
Cinnamon raisin bread ingredients
To make this cinnamon raisin bread you need the following ingredients:
How to make cinnamon raisin bread
Sieve the flour into a large mixing bowl and add yeast to the flour. Stir through thoroughly before adding salt. As salt and yeast do not go together really well do not put the salt on top of the yeast.
Make sure the yeast is absorbed in the flour before adding salt. In this recipe no sugar is added. There are natural sugars in flour that will feed the yeast.
Then add he cinnamon to the flour mixture and stir through so all of the cinnamon is evenly distributed in the flour.
Now it is time to add water and stir it through to get a consistent dough. You can use a wooden spoon or your hand to do this.
When all of the water is absorbed by the flour your are done. Cover the bowl and let it rest in a dry draft free place for at least 8 hours or over night.
When you are ready to bake the bread put the raisins in luke warm water for 10 minutes and pat them dry. Add them to the bread dough.
As the secret ingredient I use almond paste. As shown in the Christmas bread you can make almond paste easily yourself.
For the almond sugar paste you need:
- White almonds
- Lemon juice
Add almonds and sugar to a kitchen machine and blend. When the almonds are crumbly add the egg. Keep the kitchen machine running and you will get a soft paste.
Add some lemon juice to the past for freshness and your almond paste is done. Take pieces of almond paste the size of a marbles and put it in the dough.
Pre heat the oven with a Dutch oven in it, at 500℉/250℃ or as high as your oven will go. Put the dough on a piece of parchment paper and put it into the Dutch oven when the oven is heated.
Bake for 30 minutes with a closed lid to keep the humidity inside of the Dutch oven. Remove the lid and bake for another 15 minutes so the bread can become golden brown.
Your cinnamon raisin bread is done. Let it cool on a rack before serving.
Eat cinnamon raisin bread with
You can eat cinnamon raisin bread plain but you can add a number of great toppings:
- Butter – nothing better than warm cinnamon raisin bread and cold butter that melts
- Jam – Any jam will do and makes a lovely combination with this bread
- Peanut butter – takes me back to my youth. My father would dip his peanut butter covered sweet bread in coffee and would be smiling all day
- Homemade Nutella – another classic any type of chocolate hazelnut spread would do
- Cheese – yes cheese. You may be surprised but nothing tastes better than sweet bread with old cheese
Other bread recipes
If you like this recipe you will love these bread recipes:
See how to make no knead bread
Want to see how you can make no knead bread? As no knead bread is the base of this recipe watch the video instruction below:
Have fun with this cinnamon raisin bread recipe! Made a recipe tag @thetortillachannel on Instagram or PIN on Pinterest.
Cinnamon raisin bread is an easy sweet bread recipe. You can make it for breakfast or a special occasion like the holidays.
- 3 cups flour
- ¼ tsp yeast
- 1½ tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup raisins
- 1½ cup water
- 1½ tbsp almond paste
- Sieve the flour into a large bowl and add the yeast. Add the salt and cinnamon. Stir thoroughly until well combined.
- Add the water and stir it through to get a consistent dough with a spoon or your hand
- Cover and let the dough proof at least 8 hours or over night in a draft free place
- Put the raisins in luke warm water for 10 minutes and pat them dry. Add them to the bread dough
- Make the almond paste and add pieces of almond paste in the dough as well
- Preheat the oven to 500℉/250℃. Put the dough on a piece of parchment paper and put it into the Dutch oven when the oven is heated
- Bake for 30 minutes with a closed lid. Remove the lid and bake for another 15 minutes until bread is golden brown.
- Cool on a rack and serve
Let the dough proof for 8 hours or over night For the almond sugar paste you need white almonds, sugar, lemon juice and egg. Add almonds and sugar to a kitchen machine and blend. Add the egg and lemon juice let the kitchen machine run and you have a soft paste.
Calories: 194; Fat: 2.6; Carbs: 38.1; Protein: 4.8g;