The classic margarita is a delicious iced cocktail. A popular Mexican cocktail drink that is known for is many different varieties
It requires less than a handful of ingredients so you can make it in a matter of minutes. Ready to learn how you can make this easy margarita cocktail? Let’s get started!
A margarita is one of those cocktails that been around for ages. It originates from Mexico and is made with Key limes.
These thin-skinned lemons are slightly bitter and tart. If you like your cocktails sweet you can either add a sweet liqueur or add sweetness with fruit juice.
The danger with these cocktails, especially the sweeter ones is you drink it like soda but it can hit you like a ton of brinks.
To make this cocktail you need less than 5 ingredients. Be sure to have the following ingredients ready when you start with this recipe:
- Lime juice
- Grand Marnier or Licor 43
- Agave syrup (optional)
- Ice cubes
How to make a margarita
Take a glass and add the ice cubes so the glass can be chilled. Then squeeze your limes and preserve the juice.
Measure the Tequila and the Grand Marnier and pour in the glass as well. You can substitute the Grand Marnier for Licor 43.
Stir in the glass. Now it is time to add the lime juice. Stir again to mix the Tequila, Grand Marnier and the lime juice.
Finally, add the agave syrup for some sweetness. This step is optional. One more stir and your Margarita cocktail is ready to serve.
Fruits to use in your cocktail
The classic margarita is made with lime. To sweeten it up you can also use orange juice in this cocktail.
Another option for you is to make this cocktail recipe with a variety of fruits like:
So take the fruit and either slice or puree the fruits and add a couple of tablespoons to your liking.
There are many ways to serve this cocktail like:
- Frozen margarita – add all the ingredients together with ice cubes and blend until you have a smoothie-like consistency
- Crushed margarita – crush your ice cubes in the blender first. Pour into the glass and add all the ingredients
- Iced margarita – shake the ingredients together with the ice cubes and pour in the glass.
Other cocktail recipes
If you love cocktails take a look at these easy cocktail recipes I’m sure you will like them:
- Licor 43 cocktail
- Spanish sangria
- Frozen mango daiquiri
- Blueberry mojito
- Caipirinha cocktail
- Tinto de Verano
I hope you love this classic Margarita cocktail recipe as much as I do!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Looking for that classic Margarita cocktail recipe? Stop because this recipe is for you. Only 5 ingredients for an iced margarita drink.
- 60ml Tequila
- 30ml lime juice
- 15ml Grand Marnier or Licor 43
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- Ice cubes
- Chill glass with ice cubes. Squeeze limes and preserve the juice
- Measure the Tequila and the Grand Marnier and pour in the glass. Stir in the glass
- Now it is time to add the lime juice. Stir again to mix the Tequila, Grand Marnier and the juice
- Finally, add the agave syrup for some sweetness. This step is optional
Calories: 250g; Fat: 0g; Carbs: 16.8g; Protein: 0g;