The best bacon eggs cups made with tortillas is what we are making to day. Oh yes we are making a cracking dish that is great for a Sunday brunch but also for Monday lunch or a Friday tea break. These can be shared any time you like. Hearty, salty, eggy yep these are mouth watering delicious. Are you ready to learn how you can make bacon eggs cups? So lets get started!
Egg dishes are a true favorite of mine, especially in the weekend when there is more time to spent in the kitchen. Sunday mornings eggs are standard (scrambled, omelet, sunny side up, you name it).
These bacon eggs cups are a little different as they are made with tortillas in a muffin tin. I love how decorative they are. What a great way to start your day.
These are actually quite easy to make yourself. Make sure you have large eggs for this because you want to fill up those tortilla cups.
Bacon eggs cups ingredients
Three things or actually four ingredients are important if you want to make bacon eggs cup with tortillas. You have to get:
- Fresh eggs
- Good quality bacon
- Wholesome tortillas (these are flour tortillas)
- Muffin tin
How to make bacon egg cups
The preparations of this dish is really quite simple and take a matter of minutes. First you cook the bacon in a hot pan.
As these go into the oven do not over cook them to much. Be sure to drain the excess fat from the bacon as soon as you take them out of the pan this to not soften the tortilla cups to much.
There are more ways than one to make the tortilla cups. I do not like to waist food so that is why I cut the tortillas in half and fold them in the muffin tin.
But it is also possible to use a cooking ring to cut a smaller ring from the tortilla and push these into the muffin tray.
These tortillas are medium size by the way to give you an idea of how big these are. Before you make the tortilla cups use some cooking spray in the muffin tin so they do not stick.
Once the tortillas are in the tray add the bacon and the egg before you cook them in the oven for about 20 minutes.
If you like your eggs a little bit runny start checking the oven from 15 minutes. If you like your eggs well done leave them in the oven for at least 20 minutes.
Other breakfast recipes with eggs
If you like this recipe then have a look at these breakfast recipes. I’m sure you will love it.
- Huevos rancheros with bacon – these huevos rancheros are easy to make with flour tortillas and in a skillet. Super delicious
- The best breakfast burrito – made with eggs, bacon and vegetables making sure you get a great start to the day. This burrito is done in less than 10 minutes and freezer proof you so can make them ahead.
- Breakfast quesadilla – take a tortilla, eggs and bacon to make this delicious breakfast recipe.
See how to make bacon egg cups with tortillas
Want to see how to make bacon egg breakfast cups? Watch the video instruction below:
I hope you enjoy this recipe how to make bacon and eggs cups! Made a recipe tag @thetortillachannel on Instagram or PIN on Pinterest.
We are making cracking bacon and egg breakfast tortilla cups. You need 3 ingredients tortilla, bacon and eggs. The oven will do the rest. Lets get started!
- 4 strips of bacon
- 4 large eggs
- 2 flour tortillas
- Pinch of paprika
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Heat oven at 400 ℉/ 200 ℃
- Cook the bacon in a hot pan (no butter or oil required)
- Drain bacon
- Half the tortillas
- Fold the tortillas in a muffin tin
- Add the bacon to the tortillas
- Add an egg on top of the tortilla and bacon
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes
- Take out of the oven add some chives, paprika powder and salt and pepper to taste
Do not over cook the bacon as it will cook in the oven as well. If you like your eggs runny look when they are about 15 minutes in the oven.
Calories: 136; Fat: 8.3g; Carbs: 6.1g; Protein: 9.8g;