The best breakfast tortilla is a bacon and egg tortilla cup
Oh yes, we are making a cracking dish that is great for a Sunday brunch but also for Monday lunch or a Friday tea break. These can be shared any time you like. Hearty, salty, eggy yep these are mouth-wateringly delicious. Are you ready to learn how to make the best breakfast tortilla? So let’s get started!
Egg dishes are a true family favorite, especially at the weekend when there is more time to spend in the kitchen.
Sunday morning eggs are standard (scrambled, omelet, sunny side up, you name it).
These bacon and egg tortilla cups are a little different as they are made with flour tortillas in a muffin tin.
They are super easy to make and look so decorative on your breakfast table.
What a great way to start your day. These are actually quite easy to make yourself just take a look at the instruction video.
On the table in no time and a full meal. Make sure you have large eggs for this because you want to fill up those tortilla cups.
Breakfast tortilla cups ingredients
Three things or actually four ingredients are important if you want to make this bacon and egg cup with tortillas recipe.
Put the following ingredients on your grocery shopping list:
- Flour tortillas
- Paprika powder
How to make the best breakfast tortilla cups
To make this recipe you start with the bacon. Preheat a skillet to cook the bacon. You do not need any baking product because there is enough fat in the bacon.
Do not brown the bacon until crunchy. The bacon will also bake when they are in the oven. Put the bacon on a paper towel to allow the excess fat to drain.
There are a number of ways make the tortilla cups:
- Half the tortillas – this method has no food waste. Cut the tortillas in half and fold them in the muffin tin
- Cut tortilla in rings -take a cooking ring and cut smaller rings from a burrito sized tortilla and push these into the muffin tray
The tortillas used in this recipe are medium size and if you half them they will easily fit in a muffin tin.
Before you make the tortilla cups use cooking spray in the muffin tin so the tortillas do not stick to the muffin tin.
Once the tortillas are in stuffed into the muffin tin add the bacon. Then crack the egg in the cups.
Preheat the oven to 400℉ before you put the muffin tin in the middle oven and bake for 17 to 20 minutes.
If you like your eggs a little runny start checking the oven from 15 minutes. If you like your eggs well done leave them in the oven for at least 20 minutes.
Take out of the oven and sprinkle with some paprika and chives. Your breakfast tortilla is ready to serve.
Other breakfast recipes with eggs
If you like this recipe then have a look at these breakfast recipes. I’m sure you will love it.
- Huevos rancheros with bacon – these huevos rancheros are easy to make with flour tortillas and in a skillet. Super delicious
- The best breakfast burrito – made with eggs, bacon, and vegetables making sure you get a great start to the day. This burrito is done in less than 10 minutes and freezer proof you so can make them ahead.
- Breakfast quesadilla – take a tortilla, eggs, and bacon to make this delicious breakfast recipe
- Easy breakfast nachos – a great recipe to make on the weekend and to eat with your family. Made with scrambled eggs, tortilla chips, and avocado
- Breakfast enchiladas – delicious enchiladas that are filled with eggs, pork sausages and the best Mexican flavors.
See how to make breakfast tortillas cups
Want to see how to make bacon egg breakfast cups with tortillas? Just watch the recipe video with step by step instructions so you can follow along.
It will show you how easy it is to make this recipe from scratch at home.
I hope you enjoy this bacon and eggs tortilla cups recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
We are making cracking bacon and egg breakfast tortilla cups. You need 3 ingredients tortilla, bacon and eggs. The oven will do the rest. Lets get started!
- 4 strips of bacon
- 4 large eggs
- 2 flour tortillas
- Pinch of paprika
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Heat oven at 400 ℉/ 200 ℃
- Cook the bacon in a hot pan (no butter or oil required)
- Drain bacon
- Half the tortillas
- Fold the tortillas in a muffin tin
- Add the bacon to the tortillas
- Add an egg on top of the tortilla and bacon
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes
- Take out of the oven add some chives, paprika powder and salt and pepper to taste
Do not over cook the bacon as it will cook in the oven as well. If you like your eggs runny look when they are about 15 minutes in the oven.
Calories: 136; Fat: 8.3g; Carbs: 6.1g; Protein: 9.8g;