Cream cheese pinwheels are so easy to make and a super tasty snack. Serve these rollups at your next party and they will be gone in no time, guaranteed.
Everybody loves them as they are soft and creamy with the right bite. Because when you serve a snack it needs a bite. So are you ready to see how you can make these super easy cream cheese rollups? Let’s get started!
What is great about this pinwheels recipe is that you can make this snack ahead of time. Especially if you have a big party you can make them a day in advance.
The taste gets better when they stay in the fridge longer. Cream cheese is a fresh cheese, soft and easy to spread. It adapts to flavor easy that is why you can add your favorite ingredients.
You can buy natural cream cheese but nowadays you have lots of flavored cream cheese. As I’m using homemade Mexican seasoning to flavor the cheese I use natural cream cheese.
Mexican seasoning is my go-to seasoning and has a little more heat than taco seasoning. The jalapeño gives even more heat but do not worry as we use cream cheese it will never get hot only mild heat.
Cream cheese pinwheels ingredients
Making cream cheese pinwheels is really easy. So make sure you put the following ingredients on your shopping list:
- Large tortillas
- Cream cheese
- Mexican seasoning or taco seasoning
- Red onion
- Bell pepper
- Sun-dried tomatoes
How to make cream cheese pinwheels
Making this pinwheels recipe start with finely chopping the red onion, jalapeño, olives, and bell peppers.
The on to the mixing the cream cheese. Put it in a mixing bowl and add the Mexican seasoning or taco seasoning. Stir through thoroughly so the seasoning and cream cheese are properly combined.
Take a large tortilla preferably a burrito size tortilla and spread the cream cheese on the tortilla with a knife or spoon.
Sprinkle the finely chopped onion, jalapeño, olives, and bell peppers evenly on the tortilla. Then it is time to roll up the tortilla.
Repeat with the second tortilla. Make certain you roll it up very tight and then let it cool in the fridge.
If you make it ahead cover it with some cling foil to prevent the tortilla from drying out else you can leave it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
Take a sharp knife and cut them in 9 to 10 equal slices and you are ready to serve your cream cheese rollups.
Pinwheels ingredient options
Besides the ingredients mentioned above, you have a lot of other options to put on your pinwheel. Think about:
- Streaky bacon – streaky bacon finely chopped is a great ingredient for your pinwheels
- Crispy corn – finely chop the crispy corn just as you do the olives, bell pepper, etc.
- Carrots – cut the carrots julienne and sprinkle it on the tortilla. It will give the rollups a nice color
- Scallion – another ingredient that will add some much-needed color
- Chives – finely chop the chives and sprinkle on the tortilla.
Other pinwheel recipes
If you like these rollups then you might love these recipes as well:
- Turkey pinwheels – these rolls are made with a great ranch seasoning and lots of turkey
- Tapenade prosciutto rollups – these rollups are made with crescent dough and tapenade and prosciutto
See how to make pinwheels
Want to see how you can make pinwheels with tortillas? Take a look at the video instruction below where you can see how to make turkey ranch pinwheels:
Hope you love these pinwheels as much as I do. Have fun with this cream cheese pinwheels recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Looking for a great pinwheel recipe? Try these cream cheese pinwheels. So easy to make, super tasty with lots of veggies and the ultimate make ahead snack.
- 2 large tortillas
- 4 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tsp taco seasoning
- ½ red onion
- ¼ jalapeño
- 8 olives
- 4 sun dried tomatoes
- ¼ bell pepper
- Finely chopping the red onion, jalapeño, olives and bell peppers
- Mixing the cream cheese with the seasoning and stir thoroughly
- Spread the cream cheese on the tortilla with a knife or spoon. Sprinkle the chopped onion, jalapeño, olives and bell peppers on the tortilla. Roll up the tortilla really tight
- Repeat with the second tortilla
- Let it cool in the fridge for at least 30 minutes
- Take a sharp knife and cut them in 9 to 10 equal slices and you are ready to serve your cream cheese rollups
If you make it ahead cover it with some cling foil to prevent the tortilla from drying out.
Calories: 23: Fat: 1.3g; Carbs: 2.4g; Protein: 0.5g;