Creamy Brussels sprouts with bacon and garlic taste amazing. This will be your new favorite vegetable recipe.
Even if you are not a fan of vegetable you have got to try this recipe. I mean cream and cheese, what is not to love? Are you ready to learn how to make creamy Brussels sprouts with bacon and garlic? Let’s get started!
The time when we only cooked Brussels sprouts is in the past for sure. The whole house would smell like sprouts for days and the sprouts wouldn’t taste like anything.
All the vitamins in the sprouts were long gone with the cooking water. Sprouts are like mini cabbages and do not really need to be cooked.
When you finely slice your cabbage and stir-fry you do not even need water. The same applies to sprouts.
Prepare Brussels sprouts
You can prepare your sprouts in multiple ways:
- Cook – you can still cook them in water for 8-10 minutes
- Steam – half your sprouts and put them in a steamer for 8-10 minutes. You will contain the vitamins and the bite
- Sauté – sauté the sprouts in some butter on medium heat to let them get soft slowly
- Stir-fry – put some oil in the pan and let the pan go really hot so you can stir fry the sprouts in less than 10 minutes.
Brussels sprouts ingredients
To make this vegetable recipe you need a number of ingredients on your grocery list, like:
- Brussels sprouts
- Cooking cream
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make creamy Brussels sprouts
Start with cleaning the sprouts, cutting the ends and peel the sprouts. Then cut the sprouts in half.
Finely chop the onion and mince the garlic. Then slice all the mushrooms and chop the bacon in small strips.
Heat a skillet and bake the bacon brown and crisp without a baking product fat. If you are using lean bacon add some butter or oil.
Take out of the skillet and set aside. Now heat olive oil and pan-fry the onion and add the garlic. Stir continuously until the onion and garlic are soft and translucent.
Then add the Brussels sprouts and move them around the pan. Pan-fry the sprouts and add the mushrooms.
Bake until lightly brown this will take about 5 minutes. Then add the cooking cream and return the bacon to the pan.
Stir the cream through the sprouts. Let it simmer for 10 minutes and finally add the grated parmesan cheese.
Take the pan from the furnace when the cream and cheese are bubbling. Your Brussels sprouts with garlic and bacon are done.
Other vegetable recipes
If you love vegetables take a look at these recipes as well:
- Oven roasted garlic green beans – this is a very easy recipe. Cover your green beans with garlic and parmesan
- Honey garlic carrots – make honey garlic butter, cover your carrots and pop them in the oven
- Garlic roasted cheesy green beans – cheesy green beans made with garlic and cheese from the oven have a great bite
- Creamy garlic bacon mushrooms – the best mushroom recipe you ever tried
- Shrimp Asparagus – if you love asparagus try this recipe baked in a skillet with shrimp
- Garlic mushrooms – a simple but tasty side dish
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do. Have fun trying this creamy cheesy Brussels sprouts with garlic and bacon!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Creamy Brussels sprouts with bacon and garlic and a super tasty vegetable recipe. Try it and you will have a new favorite vegetable recipe!
- 300-gram brussels sprouts
- 200-gram mushrooms
- 200 ml cooking cream
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel the sprouts and half them. Finely chop the onion and mince the garlic. Slice the mushrooms. Chop the bacon in small strips
- Heat the skillet and bake the bacon brown and crisp without fat. Take out of the skillet and set aside
- Now heat the olive oil and pan-fry the onion and add the garlic. Stir continuously until the onion and garlic are soft and translucent
- Add the Brussels sprouts and move around the pan. Pan fry the sprouts and mushrooms until lightly brown this will take about 5 minutes
- Now add the cooking cream and return the bacon to the pan
- Let it simmer for 10 minutes and finally add the grated parmesan cheese. Take off the heat when the cream and cheese are bubbling
- Serve directly
Calories: 378; Fat: 28g; Carbs: 18g; Protein: 18g;