Creamy garlic mushrooms with bacon are one amazing recipe. Full of flavor and one of the best low carb side dishes you ever tried!
If you are a mushroom lover this recipe is for you. It’s on the table in less than 15 minutes. Make it in your cast iron skillet to give it even more taste. You can eat it with lots of different recipes. So are you ready to learn how you can make these creamy garlic mushrooms with bacon? Let’s get started!
Mushrooms are one of my favorite ingredients just like onion and garlic. You can add mushrooms to just about any recipe.
It is filling and hearty. All you need to do is use mushrooms that are as fresh as possible. Choose those big white mushrooms and slice them finely and bake them with butter and olive oil.
This recipe contains white wine. If you do not like white wine you can leave it out of this recipe or use some vegetable or chicken broth instead.
The parmesan cheese will thicken the sauce and add more flavor. Just like the garlic mushrooms I showed a couple of weeks ago this is a great version of the perfect mushrooms side dish.
Only rinse the mushrooms if they contain dirt else brush them clean.
Creamy garlic mushrooms ingredients
To make this garlic mushrooms recipe you need a number of ingredients. Put the following ingredients on your grocery list or use the Tortilla Channel app and take this recipe a long while shopping:
- White mushrooms
- Olive oil
- Heavy cream
- Dry white wine or chicken broth
- Parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to season
How to make creamy garlic mushrooms with bacon
Start with chopping the onion, garlic, bacon and slicing the mushrooms. Heat a skillet medium to high and pan fry the bacon until crispy. Take the bacon out of the pan and set aside.
Now add the olive oil and melt the butter in the skillet. Add the onion and garlic to the pan. Stir through the pan until soft and translucent. Then add the mushrooms to the butter mix.
Fry the mushrooms until these are golden brown. Now it is time to add the wine or chicken broth if you do not like wine. Keep on stirring.
Then pour in the cream and the finely chopped parsley. Stir and add the baked bacon and the grated parmesan cheese into the skillet. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Reduce heat. Let the mushrooms simmer in the cast iron skillet until the parmesan cheese is melted and bubbly, this will take about 3 minutes.
Your creamy garlic mushrooms with bacon are ready to serve.
Eat creamy garlic mushrooms with
You can eat this garlic mushrooms recipe with a lot of great dishes like:
- Pork Chops – as you can see the pork chops are great with creamy garlic mushrooms
- Chimichurri steak – you can eat this steak and replace the chimichurri sauce with these garlic mushrooms
- Mashed potatoes – add the mushrooms to the mashed potatoes. It is the perfect side dish
- Garlic bread – dip your garlic bread in the creamy garlic mushrooms with bacon. It is all you need
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do. Have fun with this creamy garlic mushrooms recipe! Made a recipe please tag @thetortillachannel on INSTAGRAM, PIN on PINTEREST and like us on FACEBOOK for more information and updates.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Looking for a tasty, fast and easy mushroom recipe? Take a look at this creamy garlic mushrooms with bacon. Eat it solo or with fish, chicken and meat!
- 250 g white mushrooms
- 4 strips of bacon, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¾ cup (200 ml) heavy cream or cooking cream
- ¼ cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- ¼ cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to season
- Chopping the onion, garlic, bacon, and slice the mushrooms
- Heat a skillet medium to high and pan fry the bacon until crispy. Take the bacon out of the pan and set aside
- Now add the olive oil and melt the butter in the skillet. Add the onion and garlic to the pan. Stir through the pan until soft and translucent. Then add the mushrooms to the butter mix
- Fry the mushrooms until golden brown. Add the wine or chicken broth (if you do not like wine). Keep stirring
- Pour in the cream and the parsley. Stir and add the baked bacon and the grated parmesan cheese to the skillet. Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Reduce heat. Let the mushrooms simmer in the cast iron skillet until the parmesan cheese is melted and bubbly, this will take about 3 minutes
- Ready to serve.
Calories: 407; Fat: 37; Carbs: 6g; Protein: 13g;