Garlic salmon in a creamy sauce is the perfect dinner recipe. Choose wild salmon for extra flavor and serve with your favorite side dish.
Salmon is such an easy ingredient because it hardly requires any cooking time. Whisk up the sauce and you are done. Take a look at how fast and easy this salmon recipe is. Let’s get started!
Farmed salmon versus wild salmon
You can make this recipe with farmed salmon or wild salmon. There are a number of differences between farmed salmon compared to wild salmon. These difference are:
- Calories – wild salmon contains fewer calories
- Color – farmed salmon is more orange in color than wild salmon that is pink
- Protein – wild salmon contains more protein
- Fats and vitamines – farmed salmon contains more saturated fats but also more vitamin A and D
Farmed salmon is fattier than wild salmon. So if you can find wild Alaskan salmon I would definitely recommend it.
In this recipe, I use white wine but if you do not like the taste of wine, you can easily substitute it with chicken broth.
Garlic salmon ingredients
So in order to make this main dish recipe, you need a number of ingredients. Put the following ingredients on your grocery list:
- Wild salmon filets
- Olive oil
- Unsalted butter
- Dry white wine (or chicken broth)
- Cooking cream
- Lemon juice
- Fresh parsley
How to make creamy garlic salmon
This recipe starts with preheating a skillet over medium-high heat. When the skillet is hot add the olive oil. Wash the salmon and dap dry with kitchen.
Make sure the salmon is dry else the oil will be everywhere. Put the salmon in the hot pan and sear. Resist the urge to move the salmon around in the pan.
Squeeze the lemon on top of the salmon. Leave for at least 3 minutes. The fish will release from the pan. Cook for a total of 5 minutes per side. Remove the filets from the pan and set aside.
Now melt the butter in the skillet. Add the diced onion and garlic to the pan. Sauté until soft and translucent. Then add the sliced mushrooms stir until golden brown.
Pour the white wine in the pan. Scrape the salmon bits from the bottom of the pan while stirring it with a wooden spoon.
Now add the cooking cream, stir and let it simmer for 30 seconds before reducing the heat until you see an occasional bubble in the skillet.
Return the salmon into the pan and stir it in the sauce. Sprinkle with finely chopped parsley. Serve your salmon dinner.
Eat salmon with
If you are wondering what you can eat with this salmon recipe take a look at these suggestions:
- Mexican spicy rice – the creamy butter sauce work perfect with a rice recipe. The rice can absorb some of the creamy sauce
- Garlic green beans – salmon and beans, is a great combination. Give it a try!
- Mashed potatoes – these fluffy soft slow cooker mashed potatoes is another great side dish to eat with this salmon recipe
- Asparagus with shrimp – another great vegetable recipe that works perfectly with garlic salmon
I hope you love this salmon as much as I do. Have fun making this garlic salmon recipe! Made a recipe please tag @thetortillachannel on INSTAGRAM, PIN on PINTEREST and like us on FACEBOOK for more information and updates.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Looking for an easy salmon recipe? Take a look at this creamy garlic salmon dinner dish. It is really easy to make and requires less than 20 minutes.
- 3 salmon filets
- 10 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup dry white wine *
- 1 cup cooking cream
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat and add the oil. Sear the salmon in the hot pan. Resist the urge to move the salmon around. Squeeze the lemon on the salmon. Leave for at least 3 minutes and cook for 5 minutes on each side. Remove the filets from the pan and set aside
- Melt the butter in the skillet. Add the diced onion and garlic. Sauté until soft and translucent. Then add the sliced mushrooms stir until golden brown
- Pour the white wine in the pan. Scrape the salmon bits from the pan while stirring in the pan
- Now add the cooking cream and let it simmer for 30 seconds before reducing the heat until you see an occasional bubble in the skillet
- Return the salmon into the pan and stir it in the sauce. Sprinkle with finely chopped parsley
- Serve the salmon
* if you do not like to cook with wine substitute the wine for chicken broth
Calories: 365; Fat: 21.5g; Carbs: 10.5g; Protein: 29g;