This chicken chili is a 5-minute recipe that you can set and forget! Honestly, this recipe is super easy
Prepare before you go to work and by the time you get home you can put it on the table. The best ever chili recipe I promise. So are you ready to learn how to make crockpot chicken chili? Let’s get started!
I think all slow cooker or Crockpot users experience the same when they first try their machine. Can you really leave the slow cooker on and go about your ways?
The answer is yes. Put all the ingredients in the slow cooker and let it do its job. It is as simple as that. The taste is amazing and a real difference compared to regularly cooked dishes.
This recipe says slow cooker chili but you can easily make this recipe in a Dutch oven. Just be around so you can check regularly if it has enough water.
The trick to slow cooking with e.g. Dutch oven is to close the lid. This prevents the water inside the pan from evaporating
Today we are making chicken chili and this is a must-try recipe with great flavor and tastes.
It is also an excellent substitute for beef chili when you want to serve something different.
Chicken chili ingredients
For this recipe, you need a number of ingredients on your grocery shopping list. Get the following ingredients:
- Chicken breasts or chicken thighs
- Red kidney beans
- Diced tomatoes
- Sweet pepper
- Low-sodium chicken broth
- Homemade chili powder
- Black pepper
- Shredded cheese
How to make crockpot chicken chili?
To make this recipe wash the chicken breasts with cold water and put aside. Drain the kidney beans and rinse before you add them to the slow cooker.
Finely chop the sweet peppers and onion and add to the Crockpot as well. Then it is time to add the can with diced tomatoes and their juices.
You also need to add the following ingredients:
- Chicken broth
- Chili powder
- Fresh ground black pepper
Stir to combine all the ingredients in the slow cooker with a wooden spoon. Then finally add the chicken breast to the bean mixture.
Close the slow cooker. You can choose between the LOW or HIGH setting. So turn to either:
- 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH
Then open the slow cooker and shred the chicken using two forks. The chicken is so soft it will fall apart easily.
Taste the chili and season to taste with extra salt and pepper. Decorate with some shredded cheese and sliced scallions.
How to store chicken chili?
This is a great make-ahead recipe or to make a big batch because this is a great freezer meal. You can store this is a number of ways:
- Fridge – You can store this chili in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days
- Freezer – Put the chili in a freezer-friendly container and store in the freezer for up to 2 months
Serve chicken chili with
This is a great main dish and you can serve them with a number of delicious recipes:
Other slow cooker recipes
If you love slow-cooker, Dutch oven, Crockpot or Instant pot recipes take a look at a couple of delicious meals below:
I hope you love this Crockpot chicken chili recipe as much as I do!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Looking for and easy slow cooker chicken chili? Try this Crockpot chicken chili recipe. It is easy to make, tasty and hardly any prep.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts or chicken thighs
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 sweet pepper
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons homemade chili powder
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup shredded cheese, Gouda
- Wash the chicken breasts with cold water and put aside. Drain the kidney beans and rinse before you add them to the slow cooker
- Finely chop the sweet peppers and onion and add to the Crockpot. Add the can with diced tomatoes and their juices
- Then add chicken broth, chili powder, fresh ground black pepper
- Stir to combine all the ingredients in the slow cooker with a wooden spoon. Then finally add the chicken breast to the bean mixture
- Close the slow cooker. Set to 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH
- Open the slow cooker and shred the chicken using two forks
- Taste the chili and season to taste with extra salt and pepper. Decorate with some shredded cheese and sliced scallions
Calories: 181; Fat: 2.8g; Carbs: 17g; Protein: 21.5g;