Crockpot chili is so good and so easy. If you own a Crockpot you know how good your dished taste after a day of simmering. Turn that slow cooker on and when you get home you are ready to eat. Want to learn how to make the best Crockpot chili recipe ever? Lets get started!
The best chili is a combination of ground beef, the best seasoning, tomatoes and time. So to make a bad ass chili that will set your pants on fire you need just a limited number of recipes.
In the slow cooker the meat will get all the time it needs to absorb the flavors of the tomatoes and the seasoning.
Ideally you make this recipe one day in advance and leave it in the fridge over night. The taste will be even better. All you need to do is heat the chili slowly either in a pan or the slow cooker again.
It is important when you make a chili to brown the ground beef first. Even though the meat is in the slow cooker for a long time you do not want to risk that your meat is not done.
With an Instant Pot or Crockpot Express you can use the brown/sauté option. If you have a regular slow cooker brown your meat in a skillet with the vegetables before you transfer them to the slow cooker.
Even if you do not own a slow cooker you can still make this slow cooked recipe. Use a Dutch oven follow the recipe and put it in the oven at 300℉/150℃ for at least 4 hours.
Crockpot chili ingredients
To make this Crockpot chili recipe you need the following ingredients:
- Ground beef
- Bell pepper
- Plum tomatoes
- Tomato puree
- Chili powder
- Taco seasoning
- Kidney beans
- Jalapeño pepper (optional)
How to make Crockpot chili
To start this Crockpot chili recipe you first need to cut and finely chop the onion, garlic and bell pepper.
Turn your Crockpot express on and set it to Brown/Sauté. If you have a regular slow cooker use a skillet and heat.
Brown the ground beef first. You will not need any butter or oil. The beef has a lot of natural fat it that will be released when you brown it.
Then add the onion, bell pepper and garlic to the meat. If you like your chili spicy also add the jalapeño pepper. Sauté until soft and translucent. This will take a couple of minutes.
Add the chili powder and taco seasoning. Stir through the ground beef meat mixture. Then add the plum tomatoes and break them up while stirring. Add the tomato puree to the pan.
If you like your chili spicy make sure you add some jalapeño pepper finely chopped. The last ingredient you need to add are the kidney beans or brown beans. Give it one more stir before closing the lid.
Set your slow cooker to either:
- 6-8 hours on Low
- 4-5 hours on High
Leave your slow cooker to do the work. Resist the urge to open the Crockpot while cooking. Leave it and only stir the chili at the end of the cooking time. Else you might crush the beans. Serve and enjoy your Crockpot chili recipe.
Eat beef chili with
You have a number of great side dishes options that you can serve your slow cooker chili with:
- Tortilla chips – tortilla chips is a great side dish to eat with your beef chili. Make them yourself and it will taste even better
- Arepas – another great side dish to eat with a bowl of chili. Dip these arepas in the chili, pure heaven
- Corn tacos – you can eat your chili as taco filling all you need are some corn tacos that you can make as well
- Soft flatbread – take some flatbread and dip it in your chili, so yum!
- Basmati rice – rice is always a good idea and with chili it is even better. When your chili is to hot you can extinguish the heat with the rice. Basmati is an aromatic rice and one of my favorite
- Sour cream -sour cream works really well with chili
- Cheese – because who can live with out cheese? If you can’t sprinkle a generous amount of your favorite cheese on the chili
Other slow cooker recipes
If you like slow-cooker, Dutch oven, Crockpot or Instant pot recipes take a look at a couple of my other recipes below:
- Crockpot chicken chili
- Slow cooker whole chicken
- Crockpot pork chops
- Slow cooker barbecue ribs
- Mashed potatoes
I hope you enjoy this slow cooker beef chili recipe as much as I do! Made a recipe tag @thetortillachannel on Instagram or PIN on Pinterest.
Want to know how you can make a Crockpot chili recipe but are worried it maybe too difficult? In this recipe we'll show you an easy slow cooked chili.
- 250 gram ground beef
- 1 onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 can of plum tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1/4 jalapeño pepper (optional)
- Set Crockpot express to Brown/Sauté (note 1).
- Brown the ground beef without butter or oil. Then add the onion, bell pepper and garlic to the meat. If you like your chili spicy also add the jalapeño pepper. Sauté until soft and translucent
- Add the chili powder and taco seasoning. Stir through the ground beef meat mixture. Then add the plum tomatoes and break them up while stirring. Add the tomato puree to the pan
- Add are the kidney beans or brown beans. Give it one more stir before closing the lid. Set your slow cooker to either Low (6-8 hours) or High (4-5 hours)
- Serve and enjoy your Crockpot chili recipe.
Note 1 - If you have a regular slow cooker use a skillet and heat Note 2 - The beef has a lot of natural fat it that will be released when you brown it Note 3 - If you like your chili spicy make sure you add some jalapeño pepper finely chopped Note 4 - Leave your slow cooker to do the work. Resist the urge to open the Crockpot while cooking. Leave it and only stir the chili at the end of the cooking time. Else you might crush the beans
Calories: 293; Fat: 7g; Carbs: 25.5g; Protein: 32.5g;