Easy homemade pita chips recipe is not only the best way to use up your left over pita bread but also the best snack when you feel like something savory. Better than anything you can buy in the store. This pita chips is crispy, crunchy and tasty with lots of your favorite spices. Every bite you take makes you want to take another. Ready to learn how you can make pita chips? Lets get started!
Homemade pita chips is so easy to make yourself. These are baked and there for these pita chips is healthier than fried chips.
This is a delicious and responsible snack for the weekend. Your kids will never want another snack again ok maybe they want these crispy potato chips which are totally no fat. Or make both.
Either way you can not go wrong with these pita chips. You can make them from store bought pita bread or make pita bread yourself and use some for this great snack like it did.
Everybody will love this snack so make sure you make enough because these will fly off your table and will be gone in no time, I promise!
Pita chips ingredients
If you want to make pita chips recipe yourself it is super easy. You only need 3 ingredients. Make sure you have the following ingredients ready:
- Pita bread
- Olive oil
How to make pita chips
So how do you make pita chips? Very easily and they taste amazing. Your base ingredient is pita bread. I like to use homemade pita bread but if you have store bought you can use them as well.
Take a pita and cut it through the middle so you have two halves. Then cut the first halved pita into wedges. One halved pita slice can yield 8 wedges so a whole pita bread yields 16 wedges.
Take a bowl and add 3 tablespoons of olive oil to the bowl. Then take your favorite spice mix e.g:
You can add salt and pepper to taste but this is optional. Mix the olive oil and the spices well. Now take a big bowl add the pita bread wedges and cover them with the oil mixture.
Mix with a spoon or your hands so ever pita wedge is covered with the oil spice mix. Then lay them out on a baking tray while you pre-heat the oven at 420℉/200℃.
Bake the pita chips 10 to 12 minutes in the oven or until golden brown and crispy. Turn the wedges half way through the baking time. Take out of the oven and serve immediately.
Eat pita chips with
You can eat these snack with the following dip recipes:
- Tapenade – the crunch of pita chips tastes amazing with red or green tapenade
- Guacamole – guacamole is another delicious dip that you can put on this snack
- Salsa – this tomato salsa has a natural sweet taste that goes perfectly with the bread and spices
- Hummus – pita chips and hummus is a great combination. Make the hummus yourself and it will taste even better with your homemade pita chips
You can also cover them with shredded cheese before you put them in the oven. The options are endless and great for game night.
See how to make homemade pita chips
Want to see how you can make delicious easy homemade pita chips? Watch the video instruction below:
Have fun with this delicious easy homemade pita chips recipe! Made a recipe tag @thetortillachannel on Instagram or PIN to Pinterest.
Easy homemade pita chips recipe is not only the best way to use up your left over pita bread but also the best snack when you feel like something savory.
- 2 pita bread
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of spice blend (e.g. oregano, parsley, cumin, paprika)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut a pita bread through the middle and then in two halves
- Cut the halved pita in wedges.
- Add 3 tbsp of olive oil in a bowl
- Then 2 tbsp of spice blend, salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the olive oil and spices. Add the pita wedge and cover them with the oil mixture
- Pre-heat the oven at 420℉/200℃
- Lay the pita wedges on a baking tray
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown and crispy
- Serve immediately
One half pita can yield 8 wedges and 1 whole pita 16 wedges
Calories: 22; Fat: 1.4g; Carbs: 2.1g; Protein: 0.4g