These dessert empanadas with blueberry are the best!
So easy to make and so tasty. These fruit empanadas will fly off the table. They are made with a blueberry cream cheese mixture and fried. So are you ready to learn how to make dessert empanadas with blueberry? Let’s get started
Empanadas are amazing, either savory or sweet, and these dessert empanadas with blueberry are no exception.
We love empanadas so that calls for a new recipe that and this time it is a sweet dessert recipe.
Crunchy fried dough, a little sweet from the fruit in perfect balance with the cream cheese.
Of course, you can also bake them in the oven just like these sweet apple empanadas. If you bake them, brush the turnovers with egg wash and sprinkle granulated sugar on top.
Dessert blueberry empanadas ingredients
To make this dessert recipe you need only a limited number of ingredients. You can make the empanada dough yourself or buy store-bought dough:
- Empanada dough for frying
- Cream cheese
- Blueberries frozen or fresh
- Oil for baking
If you have a sweet tooth add some granulated sugar to the fruit mixture. Want a bit of freshness then add lemon juice to taste.
How to make dessert empanadas with blueberry
Make the empanada dough for frying or use store-bought. Cut out the empanada shells using an empanada mold.
Now take a bowl and add the cream cheese and stir it loose with a spoon. Add the blueberries and stir the blueberries through the cream cheese.
If you want it sweeter add sugar to taste. Want to use lemon juice for freshness now is the time to add.
Take about 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mixture and put it in the middle of the empanada discs.
Fold the empanadas and cover the filling with the dough. Seal the edges of the empanada twisting the edges close.
Then preheat vegetable oil in a big pot until hot (about 350℉).
Fry the blueberry empanadas for about 1 minute per side. Do not crowd the pan and leave some space for the empanadas to brown.
Take them out of the pan and drain on kitchen paper and cool slightly before serving.
How to seal and fold empanadas
There is more than one way to seal and fold empanadas. You can see a number of tips and techniques so you can try these yourself.
Serve empanadas with
You can eat these sweet empanadas solo but you can make them even better. You can:
- Icing sugar – sprinkle some icing sugar on the empanadas
- Syrup – pour some syrup on them
- Melted chocolate – melt some chocolate in the microwave or au bain-marie so you can dip your empanada in the hot choco
- Caramel – Caramel is another great option to serve these dessert empanadas with
- Whipped cream – whip up some cream and serve it on top of your empanada
Sweet empanadas options
If you love these blueberry empanadas take a look at more ingredients options you can use for sweet empanadas:
Watch how to make empanada dough for frying
To make this recipe you can make the empanada dough for frying. Take a look at the instruction video and see how easy it is to make this dough yourself.
It contains a step by step instructions so you can follow along.
I hope you love this dessert recipe as much as I do!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
These dessert empanadas with blueberry and cream cheese are amazing! Super easy to make and so delicious. These are fried and slightly sweet
- Empanada dough for frying
- 1 cup cream cheese
- ½ - ¾ cup blueberries
- Oil for frying
- Make the empanada dough for frying
- Cut out the empanada shells using an empanada mold
- Take a bowl and add the cream cheese, the blueberries and stir the blueberries through the cream cheese
- Add 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mixture and put it in the middle of the empanada discs
- Fold the empanadas and cover the filling with the dough. Seal the edges of the empanada twisting the edges close
- Heat the vegetable oil for frying until hot
- Fry the blueberry empanadas for about 1 minute per side. Take out of the pan and drain on kitchen paper
If you like your cream cheese sweet you can add sugar but I found the filling to have the right sweetness
Calories: 296; Fat: 19.5g; Carbs: 25.6g; Protein:5g;