This tortilla turkey club sandwich is the best. We have two varieties and some great serving options. This recipe combines old school classic ingredients like lettuce, tomato, turkey and boiled egg but also add bacon, cheese, and a fried egg.
As this is the Tortilla Channel why not use tortilla instead of bread? So that is just what I did. Are you ready to learn how you can make this turkey club sandwich? Let’s get started!
When you search for tortilla club sandwich you get recipes that look like small wrapped tortillas that contain the classic ingredients of a club sandwich.
These recipes are more like small appetizers or party food. I thought it would be fun to make an actual tortilla club sandwich that looks like a classic club sandwich.
So three layers with vegetables, poultry, and egg. This way it is such a great lunch option but you can also turn it into a satisfying dinner when you add some oven baked potatoes and a salad.
There are so many possibilities with this recipe.
Club sandwich ingredients
To make this classic recipe you need a number of ingredients on your grocery list. Make sure you get:
- Flour tortillas
- Turkey meat
- Iceberg lettuce
- Sriracha hot sauce
- Vegetable oil
How to make a tortilla turkey club sandwich
What do you need for this deluxe tortilla club sandwich? Start with boiling one egg. Cut the turkey in thin slices and pan fry with vegetable oil until golden brown. You can add spices you like.
Cut the tomato in thin slices. Make the hot sauce mayonnaise by combining one tablespoon of Sriracha with about a 1.5 tablespoon mayonnaise.
Then take 3 flour tortillas per club sandwich. Warm the tortillas in a pan but prevent them from going crispy.
You can also warm the tortillas in the microwave for 20-30 seconds or heat your oven to 400℉/200℃ and warp the tortillas in tin foil and heat for 5 minutes.
Make sure you sprinkle some water on the tortillas to dampen before putting them in the microwave or oven.
If you heat them in a pan, heat it to medium heat and put a tortilla in. As soon as you see the tortilla puff up then turn the tortilla. When it gets some brown patches the tortilla is done. This is a matter of seconds.
Then you can start the layering process and add the following ingredients on top of each other:
- tortilla – start with a tortilla
- iceberg lettuce – then you add a leave of lettuce
- pan roasted turkey – sliced turkey on top of the lettuce
- hot Sriracha salsa mayonnaise – drizzle some salsa mayonnaise on the turkey
- tortilla – put the second tortilla on top
- cheese – cover the second tortilla with slices of cheese
- bacon – pan fry your bacon before using it
- tomato – slice the tomato in thin slices and cover the bacon
- hot Sriracha salsa mayonnaise – another drizzle of salsa mayonnaise
- boiled egg or fried egg – if you add a boiled egg slice the egg and put some slices on top or add your fried egg
- tortilla – cover with the last tortilla
This is just a suggestion of how you can make your club sandwich but feel free to add your favorite ingredients and leave out what you do not like.
Fried egg club sandwich
For the version with the fried egg, cut a hole in one tortilla the size of the egg yolk. When you put the fried egg on the club sandwich put the tortilla with the hole on top.
This way you can see the egg yolk through the hole. Put the cutout tortilla circle next to the egg yolk.
Serve this divine turkey tortilla club sandwich in one piece or cut it in four pieces like with a classic club sandwich.
This dish is great, tasty and delicious. Your sandwich is ready to serve!
Other lunch recipes
If you like this sandwich you will also love these lunch recipes:
- Pastry egg tarts
- Crescent ring
- Grilled cheese bacon sandwich
- Lunch wrap with a bite
- Tuna tostada
See how to make a turkey club sandwich
Do you want to know how you can make this tortilla turkey club sandwich? Watch the instruction video below to follow along:
I hope you enjoy this how to make turkey tortilla club sandwich recipe! Made a recipe please tag @thetortillachannel on INSTAGRAM, PIN on PINTEREST and like us on FACEBOOK for more information and updates.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
This tortilla turkey club sandwich is the best. It is made with tortillas instead of bread but tastes just as delicious as a classic club sandwich. Try it!
- 2 eggs
- 3 tortillas
- 200 grams Turkey
- 1 tomato
- iceberg lettuce
- 4 strips of bacon
- 2 slices of cheese
- 1 tbsp of Sriracha
- 1½ tbsp of mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- Boil 1 egg (approx. 7 minutes for a hard boiled egg)
- Slice the egg in small strips
- Slice the tomato in small strips
- Combine 1 tbsp of Sriracha and 1½ tbsp of mayonnaise
- Put some vegetable oil in a skillet and pan fry the turkey. Add some spices to your like e.g. paprika powder or garlic powder
- Pan fry the bacon and let it drain on a paper towel
- Fry the egg and set aside on a plate
- Warm all the tortillas in a medium to hot pan. Do not use any baking product
- Plate up the first tortilla club sandwich
- Start with a tortilla, lettuce then the turkey, salsa then another tortilla more lettuce, cheese, bacon, tomato, salsa and the fried egg
- The final tortilla cut a hole in the tortilla and add it on top. Put a bamboo skewer in the club sandwich to hold it together
- Plate up the second tortilla club sandwich
- Start with a tortilla, lettuce then the turkey, salsa then another tortilla more lettuce, cheese, bacon, tomato, salsa and slices of egg and the final tortilla
- Now put two bamboo skewers in the tortilla so you can cut it in half. Then add two more skewers so you can again cut the halfs of the club sandwich in half
Calories: 512; Fat: 26.8g; Carbs: 26.9g; Protein: 40.3g;