Keto tortillas made from cauliflower is that even possible, to make tortillas from cauliflower? Yes it is and they are great and they are really easy to make. So what are we waiting for? Want to learn how to make these keto cauliflower tortillas? Lets get started!
These tortillas are for every one:
- A great substitute tortilla when you are gluten intolerant
- Perfect if you are on a keto low carb diet
- Want to try something different
How do you make them? Easy, all you need is grated cauliflower and eggs. What do they taste like? You will be amazed at the taste and so will the rest of your family.
Do you remember when you were a kid and walk in the house thinking oh, oh it is cauliflower night? Just by walking through the front door you knew.
The whole house was infused by the smell of cauliflower. I don’t know about you but it never really became my favorite dish. “Just eat it, this is very nutritious.” my mom would say and so I obeyed.
When I left home I did not eat cauliflower a lot. It was not on my list of things to eat. Not until a couple of years ago I discovered that cauliflower is so much more versatile than just a vegetable to cook.
It so easy to turn it into:
So it is a small step to create these easy keto tortillas as these tortillas are low carb. They contain only 2.5 g carbs and fit perfectly into a keto diet.
The best part they not even taste like cauliflower at all. The texture slightly resembles corn tortillas but the taste can not be compared.
Cauliflower tortillas ingredients
To make these low carb tortillas all you need are the following ingredients:
- Dried parsley
- Salt and pepper
How to make cauliflower tortillas
Start by grating the cauliflower extra fine, like fine grains of rice, in a food processor. Next you need to warm the cauliflower to make sure all of the moisture is getting out.
Use the microwave but you can also put it in a steamer or put the cauliflower in a non plastic sieve and put it on top of a pan with boiling water to steam.
When the heating/steaming is done put the cauliflower in a kitchen towel or cheesecloth and squeeze out all of the excess moisture.
Warning! The moisture from the cauliflower can be very, very hot so be careful when twisting all the moisture out.
Now all you have to do is add whisked eggs to the cauliflower and turn it into a creamy batter like consistency. Shape the cauliflower tortillas on a baking tin and in the oven they go.
To give them a nice brown glow bake them in a hot pan or griddle without oil or butter. Keep a close watch because they brown easily. This can be a matter of seconds.
If you like you can add salt and pepper to taste. I totally forgot to use salt and pepper this time but frankly I didn’t miss it.
By the way, if you are wondering where I got the ultra cute wooden taco holder? These were a DIY project of my husband and you (or your hubby?) can make these as well.
Eat you keto tortillas with
You can eat these low carb tortillas with:
- Cod filets – cod filets and cabbage made in the wok a perfect companion for these tortillas
- Tilapia filets – instead of avocado paratha use these tortillas with the tilapia filets
- Vegetable stir fry – another great vegetable recipe to eat with keto tortillas
See how to make cauliflower tortillas
Want to see how to make these low carb keto tortillas? Watch the instruction video below:
I hope you enjoy this easy keto tortilla recipe! Made a recipe tag @thetortillachannel on Instagram or PIN on Pinterest .
Want to make gluten free tortillas but no idea how? Read this recipe for cauliflower tortillas. These are gluten free and taste amazing!
- 1 cauliflower
- 2 medium eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grate the cauliflower fine and put it in a bowl
- In the microwave for 4 minutes (stir after 2 minutes) or let cauliflower steam for 5 minutes
- Pre-heat the oven at 400℉ / 200℃
- Put the cauliflower in a kitchen towel and squeeze out all of the moisture. Be careful this can be very hot!
- Transfer the cauliflower into a bowl and stir through thoroughly
- Whisk two eggs in a separate bowl
- Add about half of the egg mix to the cauliflower and stir
- Add the remainder of the eggs to the cauliflower and mix some more
- Put parchment paper on baking tin
- Shape the cauliflower into a tortilla using a spoon
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes
- Remove from oven and let is cool slightly
- Heat a non stick pan to medium heat (no oil or butter required)
- Bake the cauliflower tortillas in the pan until nice and brown on both sides
- Serve immediately
Makes 6 tortillas. Be careful when squeezing out the moisture from the cauliflower. This can be very hot! Can be stored in the refrigerator for a couple of days. If you use large eggs add about ¾ of the egg mix else the cauliflower tortillas will get to wet.
Calories: 32; Fat: 1.5g; Carbs: 2.5g; Protein: 2.7g;