The easiest tequila sunrise is a delicious tequila cocktail recipe and great to celebrate summer, a birthday or National Tequila day! Want to learn how you can make the easiest Tequila sunrise cocktail? Lets get started!
Tequila sunrise is like a real sunrise in your glas. It is yellow and red and bright and sweet. All colors that will make you happy. That is why this drink goes so well with summer.
The base of the tequila sunrise cocktail recipe is the Agave tequilana which is from a particular Mexican blue agave plant. It can only be call Tequila if it is consists of more than 50% of agave juice and the rest is sugar cane.
Tequila is bottled and ranked into one of four categories. It depends on how long the tequila has aged. The four categories are:
- Blanco or Plata – Meaning white or silver. This category is consists of unaged or aged tequila less than 2 months in stainless steel or oak barrels. A less smooth sublte taste
- Reposado – Meaning rested, this category is aged between 2 months and less than one year in oak barrels. A more smooth and subtle taste
- Añejo – This category is aged at least one year but less than 3 years in small oak barrels. Also a smooth and subtle taste
- Extra Añejo – This category is aged at least 3 years and older
Tequila sunrise ingredients
You only need a couple of ingredients to make the easiest tequila sunrise. For delicious cocktail you need to get the following tequila sunrise ingredients:
- Orange juice or fruit juice
- Grenadine syrup
- Ice cubes
- Slice of orange and lemon
How to make a Tequila sunrise
To make the easiest Tequila sunrise you start with ice cubes. Take about 5 to 6 ice cubes and put them in a long drink or large glass.
Then pour the orange juice and the tequila into the glass. Mix well using a spoon a swirl it through the glas. Then you take the grenadine syrup an add it. Pour the grenadine into the glass slowly.
Wait a few seconds and you will see the grenadine will drop to the bottom of the glass. A little bit of patience and you see a red glow in the bottom of the glass with the yellow orange juice above.
Decorate with a slice of orange and lemon and your Tequila sunrise is ready to serve.
The easiest Tequila sunrise tip
Make your Tequila sunrise with a different type fruit juice and you will be surprised by the result. Take e.g.:
- Pineapple juice
- Peach juice
- Carrot fruit juice
Other ways to drink Tequila
There a many ways you can drink Tequila. Here are a number of examples how to drink Tequila:
- Tequila neat or tequila shots – this is how they drink Tequila in Mexico
- Authentic tequila – the rest of the world drinks Tequila in a small glas with some salt on the back your hand and a slice of lime
- Tequila slammer – mix Tequila with some 7-up and leave the top of the glas empty. Put your hand on top, “slam” it on a table. Then the fizz in the 7-up will make it bubble. Now drink it in one after you slammed it.
- Margarita – is a combination of Tequila, Cointreau and Lime. If you like Tequila you love a Margarita.
Have fun making the easiest tequila sunrise cocktail recipe! Made a recipe tag @thetortillachannel on Instagram and PIN to Pinterest.
Tequila sunrise is the easiest tequila sunrise cocktail recipe and great to celebrate Summer, a birthday or National Tequila day!
- 100 ml - 130 ml orange juice
- 30 ml - 45 ml tequila
- 25 ml grenadine syrup
- Ice cubes
- Slice of orange and lemon
Take 5 to 6 ice cubes and put them in a long drink or large glass
Then pour the orange juice and the tequila into the glass. Mix well
Then you grab the grenadine and add it. Pour this slowly into the glass.
The grenadine then drops to the bottom of the glass. A little bit of patience and you see a red glow in the bottom of the glass with the yellow orange juice above.
Decorate with a slice of orange and lemon and your Tequila Sunrise is ready.
Calories: 113; Fat: 0.3g; Carbs: 11.3g; Protein: 0.8g;