This is the easiest tequila sunrise cocktail you ever made. It is super tasty!
It is a delicious tequila cocktail recipe and great to celebrate summer, a birthday or National Tequila day! Want to learn how you can make the easiest Tequila sunrise cocktail? Let’s get started!
Tequila sunrise is like a real sunrise in your glass. It is yellow and red and bright and sweet. All colors that will make you happy.
That is why this drink goes so well with summer.
The base of the tequila sunrise cocktail recipe is the Agave tequilana which is from a particular Mexican blue agave plant.
It can only be call Tequila if it is consists of more than 50% of agave juice and the rest is sugar cane.
Tequila is bottled and ranked into one of four categories. It depends on how long the tequila has aged. The four categories are:
- Blanco or Plata – Meaning white or silver. This category is consists of unaged or aged tequila less than 2 months in stainless steel or oak barrels. A less smooth subtle taste
- Reposado – Meaning rested, this category is aged between 2 months and less than one year in oak barrels. A more smooth and subtle taste
- Añejo – This category is aged at least one year but less than 3 years in small oak barrels. Also a smooth and subtle taste
- Extra Añejo – This category is aged at least 3 years and older
Tequila sunrise ingredients
You only need a couple of ingredients to make the easiest tequila sunrise. For delicious cocktail you need to get the following tequila sunrise ingredients:
- Orange juice or fruit juice
- Grenadine syrup
- Ice cubes
- Slice of orange and lemon
How to make a Tequila sunrise
To make the easiest Tequila sunrise you start with ice cubes. Take about 6 to 8 big ice cubes and put them in a long drink or large glass.
First, pour the orange juice and then the tequila into the glass. Mix well using a spoon and swirl it through the glass.
Then take a spoon but instead of holding it to spoon up liquid, turn it upside down and place the tip of the spoon against the inside of the long drink glass.
Pour the grenadine syrup slowly on the round side of the spoon and you will see it drizzle in the orange juice.
Wait a few seconds and you will see the grenadine go down to the bottom of the glass.
You need a little bit of patience before you see a red glow in the bottom of the glass with the yellow-orange juice above.
Decorate with a slice of orange and lemon and your Tequila sunrise is ready to serve.
What juice to use in your tequila sunrise
Make your Tequila sunrise with a different type of fruit juice and you will be surprised by the result. You can use e.g.:
- Pineapple juice
- Peach juice
- Carrot fruit juice
What to use instead of grenadine?
If you do not have grenadine you can easily substitute this syrup. Try and use pomegranate juice or raspberry syrup in your cocktail.
Both are sweet.
Is grenadine alcoholic?
Grenadine is totally alcohol-free is mostly used as a bar syrup and it is characterized by a deep red color.
The taste is both sweet and a bit tart in flavor that you can use to sweeten your lemonade but it is also used as an ingredient in cocktails.
You can use it to decorate your cocktail and for its flavor.
Should Tequila be refrigerated?
The simple answer is no you do not need to refrigerate or even freeze Tequila once you open the bottle.
Distilled spirits like rum, tequila, Licor 43, vodka or gin are perfectly fine when stored at room temperature or just a little bit lower.
Store them in a dark and cool place and you can use it for years.
Other ways to drink Tequila
There a many ways you can drink Tequila. Here are a number of examples of drinks that you can use with Tequila:
- Tequila neat or tequila shots – this is how they drink Tequila in Mexico
- Authentic tequila – the rest of the world drinks Tequila in a small glass with some salt on the back your hand and a slice of lime
- Tequila slammer – mix Tequila with some 7-up and leave the top of the glass empty. Put your hand on top, “slam” it on a table. Then the fizz in the 7-up will make it bubble. Now drink it in one after you slammed it.
- Classic margarita – is a combination of Tequila, Cointreau, and lime. If you like Tequila you will love a Margarita.
Other cocktail recipes
If you like this cocktail then you will love these cocktails as well:
- Raspberry mojito – made with Barcadi rum and raspberries makes an easy cocktail
- Tino de Verano – the best Spanish summer drink
- Caipirinha – coconut sugar caipirinha cocktail is another great summer cocktail
- Refreshing Licor 43 balón cocktail – You can drink this cocktail on a Summer night but also in front a cozy fire
- Blueberry mojito – a different version of the mojito. Love it
Have fun making the easiest tequila sunrise cocktail recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Tequila sunrise is the easiest tequila sunrise cocktail recipe and great to celebrate Summer, a birthday or National Tequila day!
- 100 ml - 130 ml orange juice
- 30 ml - 45 ml tequila
- 25 ml grenadine syrup
- Ice cubes
- Slice of orange and lemon
- Take 5 to 6 ice cubes and put them in a long drink or large glass
- Then pour the orange juice and the tequila into the glass. Mix well
- Then you grab the grenadine and add it. Pour this slowly into the glass.
- The grenadine then drops to the bottom of the glass. A little bit of patience and you see a red glow in the bottom of the glass with the yellow orange juice above.
- Decorate with a slice of orange and lemon and your Tequila Sunrise is ready.
Calories: 113; Fat: 0.3g; Carbs: 11.3g; Protein: 0.8g;