Just the other day I shared amazing apple pie taquitos showing how you can easily make oven baked taquitos with apple pie filling. Today I have to share the apple pie filling. You can choose any apple of choice and need about 10 minutes to get this great apple pie filling. Want to know how you can make easy apple pie filling? Lets get started!
What is the best thing about apple pie? The smell of apple pie infusing the living room or better the whole house. Do you know that when you want to sell your house you have to bake an apple pie? That way potential buyers will feel at home. I never tried but with this apple pie filling I am sure a lot of potential buyers will say yes to your house as soon as they enter the house.
Best thing about this apple pie filling is:
- Done in less than 15 minutes
- Can be used in any apple pie recipe
- You can store it in the fridge for at least two weeks
- Easy to freeze for a couple of months
- It is so delicious
Can you imagine that during apple season you make a big batch of this apple pie filling? You can use it in your apple pie galette or your apple tortilla bites or the apple pie tortilla taquitos or tortilla apple boats. Yes all you need to do is take it out of the fridge or freezer and fill up your sweet recipe with apple pie filling.
And if you are selling your house you only need to warm just a little bit of this apple pie filling to get your house sold!
Recipes you can make with this apple pie filling
With the apple pie filling you can make various delicious desserts and teatime snacks like:
- Amazing apple pie taquitos – a great dessert that is oven baked and you only need some tortillas, sugar, cinnamon and cacao to make it.
- Puff pastry apple beignets – these beignets are also oven baked and delicious to eat in the morning with a cup of tea.
- Sweet tortilla peanut butter rollups – a great breakfast or lunch option that you can make on the weekend or put in your lunchbox.
- Apple pie tortilla dessert cups – easy to make and a great dessert recipe for you next dinner party.
How to make easy apple pie filling
Want to know how to make easy apple pie filling? Watch the 1-minute food inspiration video:
Have fun and learn how to make easy apple pie filling with this recipe! Made a recipe tag @thetortillachannel on Instagram.
I love comments so let me know what you like about this easy apple pie filling in the comment box below.
All you need is apple and less than 15 minutes to get this great apple pie filling. Want to know how you can make easy apple pie filling? Lets get started!
- 3 large apples
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup warm water
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1-2 tbsp arrowroot
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg optional
- Slice apples and set aside
- Add water and arrowroot in a saucepan and whisk then add sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg (optional)
- Whisk until well combined
- Now add the sliced apples in the saucepan and simmer on low heat until apples are soft and tender
- Allow to cool before using in recipe or store in an air tight jar
Note: In the Netherlands we have what we call basterd suiker. This sugar comes in white, medium dark and dark. It is a moist type of sugar and used for making cooking. I have looked to see what is the equivalent for it in other countries. Brown sugar or caster sugar are mentioned as equivalents but is not totally the same. Note: I've made this recipe without the arrowroot and it still comes out great a little less solid but still good to use as a filling. Note: I'm not a sweet tooth so it could be that this recipe is not sweet enough for your taste. Reduce the amount of lemon juice or use more sugar. Note: I used all types of apples for the apple pie filling. I came to find that green apples take a little longer to get soft (5-10 minutes longer) so if you use green apple keep that in mind.
Calories: 160; Fat: 0.4g; Carbs: 41.8g; Protein: 0.6g;