Easy chicken tacos are the best. The ultimate recipe for meal prep or Taco Tuesday. Make an extra batch and store it in the freezer so you are never without!
This chicken taco recipe is one of my favorite. The fact that it is done in less than 20 minutes or faster if you make-ahead. So are you ready to learn how you can make these easy chicken tacos? Let’s get started!
If you make this once you will make them again and again. These Mexican chicken tacos are seriously addictive.
They are juicy, a little crisp on the outside and the best ever tacos you have ever tried. What I like so much about this recipe is how easy it is.
Can you believe you have these juicy tacos on the table in less than 20 minutes? Because that is the case. Add your favorite toppings and your best ever taco became just a little bit better.
Chicken tacos ingredients
The number of ingredients you need for this taco recipe is no more than a handful. This recipe is made with my favorite chicken marinade. You need the following ingredient:
Mexican chicken marinade
- Mexican seasoning
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
If you are wondering what is the best cut of the chicken to make this recipe? The answer is the chicken thighs because it is the juiciest part of the chicken.
The thighs contain more fat then e.g. the chicken breast. You can use chicken breast but it is usually drier than chicken thighs.
How to make easy chicken tacos
Thoroughly combine the marinade and the chicken. If you have time marinate your chicken for 15 to 30 minutes in the fridge.
If you do not have time do not marinate the chicken but heat a cast iron skillet straight away. Add the chicken and let it bake. Resist the urge to move the chicken thighs in the pan.
The chicken will release after a couple of minutes. Turn the chicken thighs and cook the other side as well. Then turn the chicken regularly for 7 to 9 minutes per side.
Take the skillet off the heat and let the chicken cool before you cut the chicken thighs into small cubes.
Make the pico de gallo and put it in the fridge. Then finely dice the green bell pepper. You can either saute the bell pepper with some olive until soft or you can use it raw.
In this recipe, I used the bell pepper raw. Then take a tortilla and warm it in a dry skillet for about 30 seconds per side. Wrap the warm tortillas in tin foil.
While you cook the chicken you can also warm the tortillas in the oven. Wrap in tin foil and warm for 5-7 minutes. Take a tortilla and add 2 to 3 tablespoons of Mexican chicken.
Then top the tortilla with 2 tablespoons of pico de gallo. Sprinkle with green bell pepper and complete with some freshly grated parmesan. Your easy chicken tacos are ready to serve.
Eat chicken tacos with
In this recipe, I add pico de gallo with is a nice sharp contrast to the chicken marinade but there are many other ingredients, recipes and side dishes you can eat chicken tacos with:
Other tacos recipes
If you love tacos you definitely have to take a look at all these delicious taco recipes:
- Crunchy taco shells – because you can make crunchy, crispy taco shells at home
- Mexican taco lasagna – a different kind of lasagna made with tortillas and perfectly seasoned ground beef
- Beef tacos – showing you how to make the classic taco recipe. A must-try recipe
- Mexican steak tacos – another super easy but so tasty taco recipe. Tacos with steak bites. Delicious!
- Breakfast tacos – when you want to try something different on the weekend, then it is time for this recipe. You will love it!
- Healthy ground turkey tacos – using ground turkey for this lean taco recipe
- Chicken Carnitas – delicious carnitas made in my Crockpot and under the broiler
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
These easy chicken tacos are the best. On the table in less than 20 minutes. The ultimate make ahead recipe for meal prep, taco tuesday or family dinner.
- 4 Flour tortillas
- 1 pound chicken thighs
- ½ green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Mexican chicken marinade:
- 2 tablespoon Mexican seasoning
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Combine the Mexican seasoning, garlic, lemon, and olive oil in a mixing bowl. Marinate your chicken
- Heat a cast iron skillet and add the chicken. Let it bake but resist the urge to move the chicken thighs in the pan
- The chicken will release after a couple of minutes. Turn and cook the other side of the chicken thighs. Then turn the chicken regularly for 7 to 9 minutes per side
- Take the skillet off the heat and let the chicken cool before you cut the chicken thighs into small cubes
- Make the pico de gallo and put it in the fridge. Then finely dice the green bell pepper
- While you cook the chicken you can also warm the tortillas in the oven. Wrap in tin foil and warm for 5-7 minutes.
- Take a tortilla and add 2 to 3 tablespoons of Mexican chicken. Then top the tortilla with 2 tablespoons of pico de gallo. Sprinkle with green bell pepper and complete with some freshly grated parmesan.
- Ready to serve
If you have time marinate the chicken in the fridge for 15-30 minutes You can either saute the green bell pepper with some olive until soft or you can use it raw You can also warm the tortillas in a dry skillet for about 30 seconds per side. Wrap the warm tortillas in tin foil
Calories: 346; Fat: 16.5g; Carbs: 13.4g; Protein: 35g;