Something different on the Tortilla Channel today. No food but a drink with a twist. Would you believe that this drink has its own National day? If you ever had it you understand why. Today we are making Easy Coconut Sugar Caipirinha cocktail. It has been a while since I last had this drink but it is such an easy recipe every one can make it. Do you want to learn how you can make easy Coconut Sugar Caipirinha cocktail? Lets get started!
Caipirinha consists of only 4 ingredients lime, sugar, Cachaça and (crushed) ice. The twist in this drink is the coconut sugar. It looks like brown sugar but is not that sweet. Therefor I use more of it than I would in the normal recipe. It will also add some color to the drink that you would not get with regular sugar.
What is important is to first combine the lime and sugar before adding the Cachaça and ice. First take a glass and put 2 teaspoons of coconut sugar and 1 teaspoons of regular sugar in the glass. Take a lime and cut it in half. Slice the two half limes in small slices and add that to the glass. Crunch the sugar in the lime to squeeze the lime out and resolve the sugar. You can do this with a (wooden) pestle or a spoon will do just fine. Do not pound the skin of the lime to hard as you do no want to have a bitter taste.
Then it is time to add the Cachaça. I take an egg cup with Cachaça and add it to the sugar and lime mixture. Stir to let the sugar dissolve in the alcohol. Now take a large amount of (crushed) ice and add that to the drink. Stir and you are done a coconut sugar Caiparinha cocktail.
Great to drink with
This is a great drink to take with a snack like oven baked corn tortilla chips or hummus with tortilla take it with a pan pizza and you will be more than happy. What is your favorite food to eat with a caipirinha?
Other cocktail recipes
If you like this cocktail then you will love these cocktails as well:
- Raspberry mojito – made with Bacardi rum and raspberries makes an easy cocktail.
- Tino de verano – the best Spanish summer drink.
- Tequila sunrise – another great cocktail for summer, give this a try
- Refreshing Licor 43 balón cocktail – You can drink this cocktail on a Summer night but also in front a cozy fire.
- Blue berry mojito – a different version of the mojito. Love it.
- Mango daiquiri – a refreshing cocktail with Bacardi, fresh pineapple and mango and lots of crushed ice.
I hope you enjoy this recipe how to make easy coconut sugar caipirinha cocktail? Made a recipe tag @thetortillachannel on Instagram or PIN on Pinterest.
Today we are making Easy Cocunut Sugar Caipirinha cocktail. It is such an easy recipe every one can make it. Lets get started!
- 1 lime
- 2 egg cups Cachaça
- 2 tsp Coconut sugar
- 1 tsp regular sugar
- crushed ice
- Cut the lime in half then cut the halved lime in to thin slices
- Put half of the sliced lime into a glas
- Add the coconut sugar
- Add the regular sugar
- Crush the lime juice out of the lime and combine with the sugar
- Take an egg cup holder and fill with Cachaça
- Combine with the sugar and lime mixture and swirl the glas around to let the sugar dissolve
- Now fill the glas with crushed ice and your drink is done
Calories: 263; Fat: 0.15g; Carbs: 16.2g; Protein: 0.55g;