Simple sensational and easy peanut salsa. This homemade salsa recipe is all that and more.
It is a vegan salsa, made in a matter of minutes and really spicy. But you control the heat so ready to learn how you can make easy peanut salsa? Let’s get started!
My first thoughts when I think about peanut salsa is a sauce that tastes like Thai peanut sauce that they use with satay.
Well, this recipe is nothing similar. There are a lot of peanut salsa recipes and this one is my version.
It may not be real Mexican or Tex-Mex it is however super easy to make and what matters most, really delicious.
Easy peanut salsa ingredients
To make simple sensational and easy peanut salsa you need the following ingredients on your grocery list:
- Chili pepper
- Dried Szechuan chilies
- Apple cider vinegar
- Brown sugar
- Olive oil
You can make these with:
- Dried Chile de Arbol
- Guajillo Chiles
- Chiles Pequin
If you are from a part of the world where they do not have chilies in all shapes and sizes like the Netherlands we use what is available.
Fortunately, red chili pepper can almost be found everywhere. We have a lot of Asian supermarkets in the big cities that offer a variety of dried chili pepper.
I had a bag of dried small chili peppers and used these as well as chili pepper (we call it Spanish pepper).
How to make easy peanut salsa
Start with putting the dried chilies in warm water so they can soak it up. Mince the onion and garlic. Heat a pan with olive oil and sauté the onion and garlic until soft.
Add the peanuts and sesame seeds and stir through the onion mix. Then add the chili and dried chilies and let it infuse the onion mix.
Take the pan off the heat and let it cool before adding it into the kitchen machine. Add the apple cider vinegar, salt, and sugar.
Pulse a couple of times before adding water to the salsa until it is nice and smooth and the chilies totally shredded.
This salsa is sensational because of the savory nutty flavor combined with the heat of the chilies. It will tease your tastebuds and is great with just about anything.
This homemade salsa tastes great with
You can eat salsa with a lot of dishes take a look at the recipes below:
- Your Salads, like this colorful Summer salad
- With your spicy oven baked crispy tortilla chips
- Great with grilled meat if you are a meat lover
- Nice with a piece of fresh no-knead bread
See how you can make easy peanut salsa
Want to see how you can make easy peanut salsa? Watch the instruction video below:
Have fun with this easy peanut salsa recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Simple sensational and easy peanut salsa. This homemade salsa recipe. It is a vegan salsa, done in a matter of minutes and really spicy.
- 1 chili pepper
- 2 dried Szechuan peppers
- ⅓ cup peanuts
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Soak dried chilies in warm water
- Mince the onion and garlic
- Heat a pan with olive oil and sauté the onion and garlic until soft
- Add the peanuts and sesame seeds and stir through the onion mix. Then add the chili and dried chilies and let it infuse the onion mix
- Take pan of the heat and let it cool before adding it into the kitchen machine. Add the apple cider vinegar, salt and sugar
- Pulse a couple of times before adding water to the salsa until it is nice and smooth and the chilies totally shredded
Calories: 115; Fat: 8.7g; Carbs: 7.2g; Protein: 3.9;