Homemade hummus, all it takes is one food processor, blender or immersion blender to make this recipe and about six ingredients. It tastes so much better if you make it yourself so are you ready to learn how you can make homemade hummus? Lets get started!
The star of the dish is the chickpea which we will turn into easy peasy hummus with tortilla. So if you have a can of chickpeas in the cupboard or some dried chickpeas you got the majority of the dish all ready. Add some bits and pieces and you will have easy peasy hummus with tortillas.
The easiest way to make this dish is with a food processor. A blender or an immersion blender will do just fine but might take longer to puree the chickpeas. The fastest way is of course taking chickpeas from a can.
I still had a can of chickpeas in the cupboard so I used them. If you have dried chickpeas you need to put them in water over night and remove the skin. You also need to cook them to soften the chickpeas some more so they blend to a smooth paste.
Homemade hummus ingredients
To make homemade hummus you need a number of ingredients on your shopping list. What more do you need?
- Fresh lemon juice
- Tahini paste
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Paprika powder
- Dried parsley
How to make hummus
Start by adding all the ingredients in the food processor and mix the ingredients until they are nice and smooth. Add the olive oil in batches not all in one go to make sure oil gets incorporated through the whole hummus.
If the hummus is a little thick add some water. I usually start with two tablespoons blend and see the result and add two more tablespoons until I am happy with the thickness of the hummus.
Add some paprika powder, the chickpeas and dried parsley for decorative purposes if you like.
For this dish I used flour tortillas. From the tortillas I am making crackers. I dampen the tortillas with a little water so they can get nice and crispy in the pan.
Then I carve the tortillas with a knife while I heat a pan (no oil or other backing product). Put the tortilla in the pan. Turn the tortilla frequently. Take out the tortilla and cut it into wedges. You are ready to serve the easy peasy hummus with tortillas.
Other hummus and dip recipes
- Red roasted bell pepper hummus dip
- Delicious healthy guacamole
- Smooth Spicy roasted tomato Salsa
- Spicy black bean salsa
How to make easy peasy hummus with tortillas
Want to know how to make easy peasy hummus with tortillas? Watch the 1-minute food inspiration:
I hope you enjoy this recipe how to make easy peasy hummus with tortillas! If you make any my recipes? Tag @thetortillachannel on Instagram or PIN on Pinterest to let me know.
All you need is a food processor and some chickpeas so we can turn them into easy peasy hummus with tortillas. Lets get started!
- 1 can of chickpeas (about 250 grams)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1½-2 tbsp of Tahini paste
- 50 ml olive oil
- 2-5 tbsp of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Paprika powder for garnish
- Dried parsley for garnish
- 2 tortillas
- Drain the can of chickpeas and keep 10-15 chickpeas aside
- Add the chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice and Tahini paste into the food processor and start blending
- After about 2 minutes add half of the olive oil and again blend for about 2 minutes
- Add the remainder of the oil and blend
- If the hummus is to thick add two tbsp of water and blend
- Check the consistency and if needed repeat adding two tbsp of water and blend
- Sprinkle some paprika powder and dried parsley for garnish. Add the chickpeas.
- Drizzle some olive oil on the hummus
- Set hummus aside
- Warm a pan
- Dampen the tortillas with water and carve them with a knife in wedge like shape. Do not yet cut them through and through
- Warm the first tortilla in the pan. Turn regularly until warm
- Take out of the pan and cut into wedges
- Serve immediately
If you use dried chickpeas use about 125 grams and add water. Overnight they will double in size and weight.
Calories: 494; Fat: 33.9g; Carbs; 42.2g; Protein: 10.2g;