Pizza time and what a pizza we are making. Last week I shared my sweet potato flatbread and this week I am sharing a great way to use them. You can eat them as a lunch bite or if you stack them up for dinner. Are you ready to see how you can make easy sweet potato tuna pizza crust flatbread? Lets get started!
Tortilla and flatbread are great options to use as a pizza crust. Just like pizza crust it is a type of bread dough and this base has a great flavor to it. The sweet potato is a great combination with tuna.
So how am I making this pizza? I start with the sauce and use the following ingredients:
- 1 small can of tomato puree
- 2 tbsp of water
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of herbs (Italian pizza herbs like oregano, basil, parsley, garlic powder and black pepper)
Combine the ingredients and turn them in a sauce and spread it on the sweet potato flatbreads. Then add some thinly sliced white onions, thin sliced red bell pepper, canned tuna, halved cherry tomatoes and shredded mozzarella.
Add what ever vegetable you like e.g sun dried tomatoes, red tomatoes, olives, etc.
All it now needs is some oven time. Put in the oven at 420℉/200℃ for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted.Decorate with fresh rucola for a nutty flavor and you have a beautiful pizza that is ready to serve.
How to make easy sweet potato tuna pizza crust flatbread
Want to see how you can make easy sweet potato tuna pizza crust flatbread? Watch the video instruction below:
I love comments so let me know your thoughts on this recipe in the comment box below. What are your favorite toppings on a pizza?
Easy sweet potato tuna pizza crust flatbread shows that you can make a delicious pizza from flatbread. With some fresh vegetables, tuna and cheese.
- 3 sweet potato flatbread
- 2 cans of tuna (80 grams cans)
- 1 can of tomato puree
- 2 tbsp of water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Italian herbs
- 1 finely sliced onion
- 1 finely sliced bell peppers
- 1 cup of halved cherry tomato
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup of rucola
- Put tomato puree in a bowl. Add water, olive oil and herbs. Whisk to combine
- Put 3 sweet potato flatbread on a baking tray. Spread the sauce on the flatbread
- Spread the onions, bell peppers and tuna on the flatbread
- Now add the halved cherry tomatoes
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella on the flatbread
- Preheat the oven at 420℉/200℃
- Bake the pizza for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted
Calories: 452; Fat: 12.3g; Carbs: 63.4g; Protein: 28.2g