Done with the old bacon and eggs or full English breakfast of ham and eggs with toast and beans? But looking for a hearty breakfast or lunch recipe that you change up with ingredients that you like best? Some vegetables as well? Look no further this easy tortilla huevos rancheros recipe is all you are looking for. Easy tortilla huevos rancheros are made with tortilla and eggs. These cast iron mini skillet look so cute and are the perfect size. So are you ready to learn how to make easy tortilla huevos rancheros? Lets get started!
Huevos rancheros is a Mexican breakfast recipe made for their cowboys to start a hard days work. Fortunately you do not have to be a cowboy to eat this recipe.
It is quite simple with the smallest tortillas available, that fit these mini cast iron skillet perfectly. If you ever have guest over they will fall in love with them and want to take them home. They look so festive and cool I can look at them forever.
If you do not have these cute mini cast iron skillets you can off course make this recipe in a larger skillet as well. Depending on the skillet size take a medium or large tortilla and double the recipe. The outcome will be the same a hearty delicious breakfast, brunch or lunch recipe.
Tortilla huevos ranches ingredients
You need the following ingredients for this recipe:
- Soft small tortillas
- Sundried or cherry tomatoes or both
- Kidney beans
- Vegetable oil
- Serrano ham
- Dried parsley
How to make easy tortilla huevos racheros
It is quite simple to make this recipe. Before you start pre heat your oven to 420℉/200℃. The recipe is a symphony in two parts.
Part one starts with baking a number of the ingredients. Take a skillet and bake the tomatoes, onion and kidney beans in a pan until the onion is soft and translucent. Take of the heat and set aside.
Part two has everything to do with the tortilla and skillet. You need to push a small tortilla in the mini cast iron skillet. We are making two so repeat for the other skillet.
Then put two slices of ham on the the tortilla. You do not need a baking product in the skillets. Now add half of the kidney bean mixture on the tortilla.
Repeat this series of steps for the second skillet. Be sure to leave some room in the middle of your skillet so you can crack an egg on top of the bean mixture.
In the oven at 420 ℉/200℃ for about 15 to 18 minutes depending on how well done you like the egg. Serve immediately.
Other breakfast recipes with eggs
If you like this recipe then have a look at these breakfast recipes too. I’m sure you will love it.
- Huevos rancheros tacos – these huevos rancheros are another version of this recipe. Great to make in the weekend or for a Festive lunch.
- Tortilla bacon and eggs cups – this is a great substitute for bacon and eggs. Made in a tortilla and a muffin tin. Easy to make and done in 20 minutes
- Breakfast quesadilla – take a tortilla, eggs and bacon to make this recipe.
See how to make easy tortilla huevos rancheros
Want to see how you can make easy tortilla huevos rancheros? Watch the 1-minute food inspiration video:
Have fun with this easy tortilla huevos rancheros recipe! Made a recipe tag @thetortilachannel on Instagram or PIN on Pinterest.
I love comments so let me know your thoughts on these tortilla huevos rancheros in the comment box below. What does your hearty breakfast look like?
Disclaimer: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links for which I earn a small commission if you purchase through those links at no extra cost to you. All the products listed are products I use myself or are from companies I highly recommend. Thank you for supporting The Tortilla Channel!
Easy tortilla huevos rancheros are made with tortilla and eggs. These cast iron mini skillet look so cute and are the perfect size. Lets get started!
- 2 soft small tortillas
- ½ onion
- 1 cup sun dried or cherry tomatoes
- 60 g kidney beans
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 slices of serrano ham
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- Pre heat oven at 420 ℉/200℃
- Heat the vegetable oil in a small pan
- Pan fry the tomatoes, onion and kidney beans in a pan until soft. Add some parsley
- Push a small tortilla in a mini cast iron skillet. Put two slices of serrano ham on the the tortilla.
- Add half of the kidney bean mixture on the tortilla.
- Repeat with the second mini cast iron skillet.
- Leave some room in the middle before you crack an egg on top of the bean mixture
- In the oven for about 15 to 18 minutes depending on how well done you like the egg
- Serve immediately
You can use your favorite ingredients. So you can use Chorizo, bell pepper or black beans. Add some chili pepper powder if you like your huevos ranchos spicy.
Calories: 527; Fat: 24.9g; Carbs: 57.2g: Protein: 23.5g