Vegan lunchbox smart wrap with a bite is easier to make then you may think. I always thought that I needed some type of meat, poultry or fish to give a recipe a bite. Not knowing that you can give a recipe a lot of bite using the right ingredients. When using these ingredients you will not even miss the meat. So are you ready to see easy ways to make a vegan lunchbox smart wrap with a bite? Lets get started!
For a very long time my first choice when choosing what to eat for lunch or dinner would be something non vegan or non vegetarian. Even though a lot of restaurants now offer great options for vegans or vegetarians they are usually very limited.
It doesn’t have to be that way. Especially for non vegans who want to try a vegan or vegetarian option there are a lot of products that are a great substitute for meat or poultry. I love the hamburger of the Vegetarian butcher that we have in the Netherlands. Their burger is one that I eat more regularly than a normal meat burger. Also their chicken pieces are great.
But what if you do not even like the look or shape of meat and do not want a replacement? Today I making a lunch tortilla and sharing my easy ways to give your vegan lunchbox smart wrap with a bite.
How to make vegan lunchbox smart wrap with a bite
What I come to find is that the following products give texture and taste to a vegan recipe:
- Hummus – the ideal spread to use on a tortilla wrap. It has that nutty flavor resulting from the tahini paste and the chickpea. Love this as a first layer
- Half sun dried tomatoes – I prefer to use half sun dried tomatoes instead of sun dried tomatoes. The sun dried tomatoes that are available in the store here are very chewy. Whereas half sun dried tomatoes still taste like tomato. As they are grilled in oil and herbs that get a nice taste
- Avocado – Soft, ripe avocado with a pinch of salt and pepper are divine. They combine so well with the hummus and the sun dried tomatoes
- Bell pepper – raw red bell peppers add a great crunch to a dish as well as color and flavor. As food needs to look appetising the bell pepper really adds to that
- Pickle – adds just a little bit of sweet and sour to the wrap as well as a crunch. We have Amsterdam pickles which are absolutely great
- Tapenade – I love tapenade and it easy to make yourself with black olives, sun dried tomatoes, garlic, cherry tomatoes and oil. You can make a green tapenade using green olives, Basel, sun dried tomatoes and some oil. When vegan leave the Parmasan cheese out and you still get a great tapenade. This adds such a nice bite to your lunch wrap
- Red onion – every recipe needs some type of onion. Red onion has a sharpness to it that combines perfectly with bell pepper and the hummus. This is always a winner
All you need to do is cut the bell peppers Julienne, slice the pickle and avocado before-hand. Make the hummus yourself (or buy from the store). Start with a great wrap as the base, I am using wraps from Body & Fitshop. Time to layer it up starting with the hummus, then the bell peppers, red onion, the sun dried tomatoes, pickle strips and avocado. Wrap the tortilla tight and cut in half.
You will love these wraps and really with these tips create very easy ways to give how you can make a vegan smart wrap with a bite.
See easy ways to make a vegan lunchbox smart wrap with a bite
Want to see easy ways to give your vegan lunchbox smart wrap a bite? Watch the video instruction below:
Have fun with these easy ways to give your vegan lunchbox smart wrap a bite! Made a recipe tag @thetortillachannel on Instagram or pin it on Pinterest and follow me here.
I love comments so let me know what your favorite ingredients are to give your wrap a bite in the comment box below.
Easy ways to make a vegan lunchbox smart wrap with a bite. This recipe shows the ingredients and steps to a great vegan lunchbox option. Lets get started!
- 1 smart wrap
- 2 tbsp hummus
- ½ red onion
- ½ of half sundried tomatoes
- ½ bell pepper sliced Julienne
- ½ avocado
- 2 slices of pickle
Take a smart wrap and spread 2 tbsp of hummus on the wrap
Add thinly sliced red onion
Cut the bell pepper Julienne and add the bell pepper on top of the hummus
Now add the sun dried tomatoes and pickles
Lastly put the slices of avocado on the wrap.
Tightly wrap the tortilla and cut in half. Ready to serve