The most amazing lunch wrap with a bite is this vegan lunch box smart wrap. It is easier to make then you may think. So are you ready to learn how to make this vegan lunch box wrap recipe with a bite? Lets get started!
I always thought that I needed some type of meat, poultry or fish to give a recipe a bite. Not knowing that you can give a recipe a lot of bite using the right ingredients.
When using these ingredients you will not even miss the meat. For a very long time my first choice when choosing what to eat for lunch or dinner would be something non vegan or non vegetarian.
Even though a lot of restaurants now offer great options for vegans or vegetarians they are usually very limited.
It doesn’t have to be that way. Especially for non vegans who want to try a vegan or vegetarian option there are a lot of products that are a great substitute for meat or poultry.
I love the hamburger of the Vegetarian butcher that we have in the Netherlands. Their burger is one that I eat more regularly than a normal meat burger.
Also their vegetarian chicken tastes amazing and has the actual texture of chicken. But what if you do not even like the look or shape of meat and do not want a replacement?
Today I making a lunch tortilla and sharing my easy ways to give your vegan lunch wrap with a bite.
Easy lunch wrap ingredients
To make this easy wrap recipe you need at least the following ingredients on your shopping list:
- Big smart wrap or big tortilla
- Red onion
- Sun dried tomatoes
- Bell pepper sliced Julienne
How to make vegan lunchbox smart wrap with a bite
To make this recipe start by cutting the bell peppers Julienne which is small thin pieces, slice the pickle in long strips and also slice the avocado before-hand.
For the second layer add the bell peppers, red onion, the sun dried tomatoes, pickle strips and avocado. Now wrap the tortilla real tight.
Cut the tortilla in half or cut it using a diagonal making your tortilla look even more fancy. Ready to serve for lunch, take a long on a picknick or put it in your kids lunch box.
Tips to give your lunch wrap a bite
You will love these wraps. With these tips you create easy ways to give your wraps a bite. These give texture and taste to a vegan recipe:
- Hummus – the ideal spread to use on a tortilla wrap. It has that nutty flavor resulting from the tahini paste and the chickpeas. Love this as a first layer
- Half sun dried tomatoes – I prefer to use half sun dried tomatoes instead of sun dried tomatoes. The sun dried tomatoes that are available in the store here are very chewy. Whereas half sun dried tomatoes still taste like tomato. As they are grilled in oil and herbs that get a nice taste
- Avocado – Soft, ripe avocado with a pinch of salt and pepper are divine. They combine so well with the hummus and the sun dried tomatoes
- Bell pepper – raw red bell peppers add a great crunch to a dish as well as color and flavor. As food needs to look appetising the bell pepper really adds to that
- Pickle – adds just a little bit of sweet and sour to the wrap as well as a crunch. We have Amsterdam pickles which are long and a bit sweet and sour. Absolutely love it
- Tapenade – I love tapenade and it easy to make yourself with black olives, sun dried tomatoes, garlic, cherry tomatoes and oil. You can make a green tapenade using green olives, Basel, sun dried tomatoes and some oil. When vegan leave the Parmesan cheese out and you still get a great tapenade. This adds such a nice bite to your lunch wrap
- Red onion – every recipe needs some type of onion. Red onion has a sharpness to it that combines perfectly with bell pepper and the hummus. This is always a winner
See how to make a lunch wrap with a bite
Want to see easy ways to give your vegan lunch wrap with a bite? Watch the video instruction below:
Have fun with these easy ways to give your vegan lunch wrap a bite! Made a recipe tag @thetortillachannel on Instagram or PIN on Pinterest.
Sharin the most amazing lunch wrap with a bite. This recipe shows the ingredients and steps to a great vegan lunch box wrap. Lets get started!
- 1 smart wrap
- 2 tbsp hummus
- ½ red onion
- ½ of half sundried tomatoes
- ½ bell pepper sliced Julienne
- ½ avocado
- 2 slices of pickle
- Take a smart wrap and spread 2 tbsp of hummus on the wrap
- Add thinly sliced red onion
- Cut the bell pepper Julienne and add the bell pepper on top of the hummus
- Now add the sun dried tomatoes and pickles
- Lastly put the slices of avocado on the wrap.
- Tightly wrap the tortilla and cut in half. Ready to serve
Calories: 368; Fat: 10.8g; Carbs: 61.1g; Protein: 16.3g;