Looking for the best egg salad in the World? Look no further because this salad is easy, fast, simple yet creamy and tasty. Everything you are looking for in an egg salad and then some!
Salad should be creamy at least in my mind. Not just floating in mayonaise but a good combination of ingredients.
As the boiled egg york are combined with the mayonaise you get a super creamy consistency. You will not taste anything better than this I promise.
As with the shrimp salad I shared a couple of weeks ago this recipe is one I learned from my mom and adapted to my own favorite recipe.
No need to buy a mayo rich salad with of ingredients you have not heard about before. This recipe is homemade and 100% delicious.
To get the best result choose free ranch eggs from chicken that were free to roam around and enjoy the outdoors.
You can also taste it in your recipes. When ever possible choose for organic if available you really can taste the difference.
Egg salad ingredients
To make this simple, fast and tasty egg salad you need a number of ingredients. Take a look at the list below and get this on your grocery list:
- Organic mayonaise
- Red onion
- Ranch seasoning
- Chopped chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make egg salad
Start with boiling 3 large eggs. Boil them approximately 7 to 8 minutes. You need medium hard egg yolk but not dried out egg yolk.
Drain the water and immediate put the eggs in cold water so you can easily remove the egg shell. Dice the eggs into small pieces.
Put the chopped eggs in a large mixing bowl. Now chop the red onion fine as well as the chives. Add the mayonaise and mustard to the mixing bowl and the ranch seasoning.
Take a spoon and stir the ingredients together into a soft creamy egg salad. You will get a crunchy rustic salad. Add salt and pepper to taste.
You salad is ready to serve.
Serve your salad with
You can eat this egg salad by itself but you can also eat it with:
Other salad recipes
If you love a good salad take a look at these salad recipes:
- Shrimp salad – a creamy salad made with pink shrimp
- Tuna salad – fits in a low carb or Keto diet
- Summer salad – a salad in a tortilla bowl you can eat it all, salad and bowl. With lots of delicious vegetables
- Peanut salad – this vegan salad is easy to make and has a great bite. If you like a good salad you will love this one
- Rice salad with tuna – this delicious salad recipe originates in Spain and is also known as Ensalada de Arroz con atun
- Chicken taco salad – this chicken is seasoned with some homemade taco seasoning and served on a delicious salad
I hope you love this salad as much as I do. Have fun with the best egg salad! Made a recipe please tag @thetortillachannel on INSTAGRAM, PIN on PINTEREST and like us on FACEBOOK for more information and update.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Easy, fast yet easy and fast egg salad recipe. Eat it with a thick slice of bread, a soft bun or a crunchy cracker. This rustic egg salad is the best.
- 3 large boiled eggs
- 2 tablespoon mayonaise
- 1 small red onion
- 1 tablespoon chives chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon ranch seasoning
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil 3 large eggs for 7 to 8 minutes. Drain the water and put the eggs in cold water
- Remove the egg shells and finely chop the eggs. Put in a big mixing bowl
- Chop the red onion as well as the chives
- Add the mayonaise and mustard to the mixing bowl and finely the ranch seasoning.
- Take a spoon and stir the ingredients together into a soft creamy egg salad
- Add salt and pepper to taste. You salad is ready to serve
Calories: 124; Fat: 9.6g; Carbs: 2.3g; Protein: 6g;