Make the best easy tortilla pizza for dinner because the crust extra thin, crisp and it is big enough to eat with two.
This bar style pizza is super easy to make and done in 15 minutes. So heat up that oven and get your skillet out. Do you want to know how you can make the best easy tortilla pizza for dinner? Let’s get started!
You can make regular pizza dough and knead and let it rest. Then shape it into a pizza and cover it with your favorite ingredients.
But this takes time and patience so what do you do when you want to eat a pizza do not want to take it out of the freezer?
You make easy pizza. A tortilla is a great base for a pizza and if you bake it in the oven in a skillet you get a crispy base.
Tortilla are super thin which is also a requirement when you make a bar style pizza. Best thing about a tortilla is that you do not have to wait forever to get your dough ready.
The base is ready and now all you have to do is decorate it with your favorite toppings. The base of this recipe is my trusted flour tortilla.
Even though the bar style pizza is with an ultrathin and crispy crust I am adding a small twist. This recipe contains not one but two tortillas.
Tortilla pizza ingredients
So if you are wondering what you need to make this pizza? Make sure you put the following ingredients on your shopping list:
- Flour tortillas
- Red onion
- White onion
- Tomato sauce
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Italian spices
- Vegetable oil
How to make easy tortilla pizza
To make this easy pizza recipe start with slicing and dicing of all the vegetables. A pizza is not a pizza without tomato sauce. So take a can of tomatoes and combine with cherry tomatoes.
Add Italian herbs to flavor your pizza. Next step is to preheat the oven to 400℉ / 200℃ and put your skillet in the oven as it is heating.
When the oven is heated brush olive oil in the pan before you put a tortilla in the pan. Now you are ready to make the tortilla pizza. We start this recipe with a flour tortilla.
Divide four tablespoons of tomato sauce on top of the tortilla. Now sprinkle some Mozzarella on the tomato sauce.
Then put another tortilla on top before you spread some more tomato sauce all across the tortilla. Then add slices of red onion, white onion, and mushrooms.
Cover the pizza with Mozzarella and shredded slices of prosciutto, sun-dried tomatoes and lastly add some salami.
Place in the oven and bake for 8 minutes until the cheese is melted and the tomato sauce is bubbling. Cut in slices and serve immediately.
Other easy pizza recipes
If you are a pizza lover like me then you will certainly like these easy pizza recipes as well:
- Margherita flatbread pizza
- The easiest tortilla pan pizza
- Vegan vegetable double tortilla pizza
- Pita pizza with shrimp and salami
- Tasty Turkish pide bread pizza
- Easy sweet potato tuna pizza crust flatbread
- Tasty tortilla pizza snack
- Flammekueche, flammkuchen or tarte flambée
How to make easy tortilla pizza
Want to see how to make easy tortilla pizza? Watch the video instruction below:
I hope you enjoyed this easy tortilla pizza recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Tortilla pizza with an extra thin and crisp crust. Big enough to eat with 2 or on your own. Done in not time this bar style double tortilla pizza.
- 2 flour 10 inch tortillas
- ¼ red onion
- ½ white onion
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- 5 sun dried tomatoes
- 1 slices and then pulled of prosciutto
- 5 small slices of salami
- 1 cup of grated Mozzarella
- 1 tsp of Italian spices
- 2 mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven at 400℉ / 200℃
- Heat a saucepan and some vegetable oil
- Bake the halved cherry tomatoes until soft
- Add the sifted tomatoes and stir. Now add the Italian spices. Set aside
- Heat the skillet on medium heat. Brush the skillet with the olive oil and brush the pan
- Put the first tortilla in the pan
- Spread two to three tablespoons of tomato sauce across the tortilla all the way to the edges.
- Now add 1/3 of the Mozzarella on the pizza and put the second tortilla on top
- Repeat spreading the tomato sauce on the tortilla
- Now add the mushrooms, sprinkle the red and white onions, prosciutto, salami and the sun dried tomatoes and finally cover with cheese
- Bake in the oven for 8 minutes until cheese is melted
Calories: 469; Fat: 22.5g; Carbs: 50.7g; Protein: 19.1g;